Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-08-2015, 07:07 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdus View Post
Arthas ordered a city to be massacred and threw a fit at Uther not doing what he says like a toady. Arthas didn't seriously try to list the grounds to do a full blown massacre as opposed to a quarantine. And after failing to kill Mal'Ganis, he runs off into a trap to avenge his failures instead of facing judgement. Arthas was a disaster in the making before Stratholme. Hell, he even served the Lich King while Ner'zhul was weakening.
Better to kill those infected when they are still humans and their souls can probably go to whatever Heaven await them than stupidly build a quarantine to see it destroyed by zombies, if you ask me. And with Jaina, I don't think Arthas would have fallen into Mal'Ganis trap, because he wouldn't have felt as personally bitter and lost as he felt back in RoC.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:28 AM

Banished

If Arthas' troops can go around killing a city then they AND Uther's forces can set up a quarantine. But instead Arthas canned Uther, had a city massacred, .and ran off to Northrend instead of facing judgement.

And no, Jaina being a toady wouldn't have fixed anything short of killing Arthas when she has the chance. It's not Arthas ever really tried to listen to her like she was a peer. I can see him getting her killed like Muradin.

Last edited by Galdus; 08-08-2015 at 07:31 AM..
Old 08-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Banished

Old 08-08-2015, 08:19 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Slow

How do we know anyone prominent is going to die in Legion?
Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
How do we know anyone prominent is going to die in Legion?
Our artefacts.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:40 AM

Elune

Thrall's death could be an extremely touching moment if his AU parents are there and they know they're his parents.

I don't even like Thrall.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:41 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Thrall's death could be an extremely touching moment if his AU parents are there and they know they're his parents.

They won't be, everything in the AU stays in the AU

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-08-2015, 08:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post

AU is done. It was just a road trip. No past characters will be joining us besides Gul'Dan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Bloodlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Our artifacts.
Why are we assuming that because we will be using famous artifacts that their original owners will also die? I can't see them killing Thrall and Tirion just so that we can use the Doomhammer and Ashbringer.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:47 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Why are we assuming that because we will be using famous artifacts that their original owners will also die? I can't see them killing Thrall and Tirion just so that we can use the Doomhammer and Ashbringer.
They mentioned that the previous owners died or gave up, so some of the important characters will definitely die.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:49 AM

Eternal

Shouldn't people be more worried about Blizzard's cutting block

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:53 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
They mentioned that the previous owners died or gave up, so some of the important characters will definitely die.
It'll be AU versions of the important stuff, or it'll all be 'given up' save for folks who were already dead.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
It'll be AU versions of the important stuff, or it'll all be 'given up' save for folks who were already dead.
Hush Tyrande.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:45 AM

Warden

Naga secure the pillar of creation in Azsuna. We chase them into the Eye of Azshara to steal it back. Tyrande shows up because reasons and Malfurion is off being an idiot. We acquire the pillar of creation, but surprise, the Eye of Azshara is really a portal to Nazjatar. Azshara shows up all "surprise, fools", kills Tyrande out of spite and we call it a day.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:46 AM

Elune

I'm legit skeptical we'll even deal with Azshara directly.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2015, 09:48 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Tyrande gets elevated into nagahood.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:13 AM

The Sun King

Thrall completely turns into Go'el and throws away his hammer, because it reminds him of being Thrall.

He also paints his skin brown.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:53 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

I think Thrall will just give up fighting. He's an old man at this point: getting there in body, most certainly so in soul now. He killed the son of one of his best friends. He sees Garrosh's point about Thrall having made him. Thrall has a wife and a child to look after. If heroes don't die being heroes, they make sure to setup their replacements. So no, I don't think Thrall is going to die.

As much as I don't want him to since he has had a lot of character development over the years, Varian is probably going to die. Otherwise, the development Anduin has had would have no purpose. One of them will have to die at some point. If Varian dies, maybe Anduin will man up and understand that sometimes diplomacy means killing the other guy before they kill you. If Anduin dies, all of Varian's development will go out the window and he will relapse into being Captain Killstab. That, or it will test his resolve to not blame the Orcs. I actually rather like the later; kill Anduin.

Genn is functionally useless now. Why can't we have him as a funny badass racist that's slowly learning to be less of an old grandpa and more of a statesman?

Sylvanas will get redeemed because Blizzard doesn't have the balls to kill her. They are suckers for redemption stories. From day one of Vanilla, her goals were to turn all live into unlife and kill Arthas. She's accomplished one of those and has developed the means for the other. I would argue that she is more genocidal than the AU Grom. I don't see how she can possibly be redeemed without it being a straight to DVD style bullshit that isn't fulfilling.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 08-08-2015, 10:55 AM

Elune

Isn't Thrall like 30 at this point?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Default Evil shamans!

@Noitora: He was born in year 0, so a bit over 30.

By the way, artifact and artefact are both correct.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Have we ever really talked out average life expectancy of this world? As far as I can recall, Orcs and Humans have the same life expectancy. So if we're going by fantasy/medieval life expectancy, 35 is the average. Adjust that for magic and potions and such, you could maybe get 50? It would just depend on the life you lead, and I would assume that holding the world together during Cata cut off some years.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 08-08-2015, 11:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Yrel is forgotten. Tossed away by Blizzard like a used up whore.
They should have destroyed AU Draenor, or make the demonic invasion succeed. Then a few of AU Draenor's characters survive and come back with us.

Obviously the warlords are heroic and shit and stay behind to hold the demons while others escape. Best happy ending possible for WoD.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 08-08-2015, 11:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
They should have destroyed AU Draenor, or make the demonic invasion succeed. Then a few of AU Draenor's characters survive and come back with us.

Obviously the warlords are heroic and shit and stay behind to hold the demons while others escape. Best happy ending possible for WoD.
This probably would have been for the best. Too bad they can't help but force good endings at the end of every expac...

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:13 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Shouldn't people be more worried about Blizzard's cutting block
Heyo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:23 AM

Warden

Can we kill Malfurion? This is the second time he's been sucked into the Nightmare. Honestly, he's almost as bad as Corki.

Tags
elves arent people, foot expansion, leg expansion, wow legion