Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 07:13 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Lord Illidan is too busy to give attention to his toadies. It's in character!
Hell he even stole the Sargerite Keystone right under our nose use it on Kil Jaeden Ship and put it back in the fel hammer right after without anyone noticing it disappears !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
I would like to have a multitude of minor races with sparse class selections that could join any faction like Furbolg (Warrior, Druid, Shaman, Rogue, Hunter), Jinyu (Warrior, Shaman, Priest, Monk, Rogue), Tuskarr(Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Death Knight) and Arakkoa (Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Priest).
I had a thought about that the other night; there's enough races represented in the pirate/giant area in Azsuna to populate an entire third faction that can be portrayed as absolute dickwads so the Horde can be further whitewashed.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:38 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
I had a thought about that the other night; there's enough races represented in the pirate/giant area in Azsuna to populate an entire third faction that can be portrayed as absolute dickwads so the Horde can be further whitewashed.
Bloodsail bucanneers could be a third faction.

They got a lot of differents races ( naga, night elves, gnolls, murlocs, humans, tauren etc... ) and a lot of differents classes ( rogue, priest, hunter, warrior etc... )

Lorewise, they wouldn't need any deep reason to raid or attack dungeons : Loot. Bounty. Rewards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Wait where have we seen Bloodsail naga?
Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post

They got a lot of differents races ( naga, night elves, gnolls, murlocs, humans, tauren etc... ) and a lot of differents classes ( rogue, priest, hunter, warrior etc... )

Lorewise, they wouldn't need any deep reason to raid or attack dungeons : Loot. Bounty. Rewards.
I can see the trailer now. A pirate king sits atop a golden throne, the diamond-encrusted steps to the throne caked in dried blood and covered in scattered bones. His narration boils down to "who gives a shit about the Legion and champions? Artefacts mean power, money and influence," and how he wants them all.

If we're going to have a sideshow expansion to let the Void threat fester and build up instead of going straight into yet another world-ending nightmare, then let's go balls to the wall on this one.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:18 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
Bah, no depth.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-13-2017, 08:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Bah, no depth.
I'd say not the Bloodsail, but a loose collection of pirates including the Bloodsail, allied almost in name only and united only by their opposition to the naga trying to kill them and take their stuff.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:48 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
I'd say not the Bloodsail, but a loose collection of pirates including the Bloodsail, allied almost in name only and united only by their opposition to the naga trying to kill them and take their stuff.
Fair, but a third faction doesn't hold much appeal for me if they're all pirates. They haven't done H or A well, don't have much in the way of unique architecture or culture, etc...

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-13-2017, 09:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Fair, but a third faction doesn't hold much appeal for me if they're all pirates. They haven't done H or A well, don't have much in the way of unique architecture or culture, etc...
Thing is, in the pirate/giant area of Azsuna, we rescue humans, gnolls, vrykul, ogres, goblins... There's plenty of architectural differences to go around, and that's assuming they don't have any looted ships from other sources.

I can see their main base being built a lot like Booty Bay, constant expansion until they're all expanding into each other, but covered in mechanical and tribal shit.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:20 AM

Critter

we need a ship graveyard city, Sargasso sea, that sort of thing.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:50 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

My idea of a naval expansion
Old 08-13-2017, 12:03 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Back before TBC I would actually say that the Illidari would have made a great third faction.

They have a continent to themselves (Outland), much like the Alliance had most of EK and the Horde most of Kalimdor, with a bunch of visually distinct races (Blood Elves, "Broken" Draenei, Satyrs, Naga and Fel Orcs), distinct racial leaders (Kael, Akama, Illidan, Vashj and any number of old Horde leaders still on Outland, though Kargath became the leader of the fel orcs in TBC). Knowing how TFT was written to lead directly into WoW I firmly believe that Blizz was considering having the Illidari be a third faction (though admittedly, factions in early WoW's development may not have been as polarizing as they were on launch).
Old 08-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Arch-Druid

I also think that was where TFT was headed. I still think that, if they really do want to introduce playable naga, the Illidari are the best avenue to do it.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:59 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

So...Like Archeage? I can get behind Bloodsail Buccaneers being the third faction. But, should be accessible near max level so Blizzard doesn't have to bust balls to make a 1-110 questing experience. Commit crime and join the Privateers!

Old 08-13-2017, 02:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Nah, just make 'em a PvP faction. You grind your way to 110 on the corpses of Alliance and Horde quest NPCs and players, and anyone who makes it to cap ends up making a name for themselves purely because of all the inevitable tears about them griefing on the official forums.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Last edited by Gurzog; 08-13-2017 at 05:04 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 04:23 PM

Warden

I just saw a model of a draenei of the AoL on Antorus with armor that has the Silver Hand symbol .
Old 08-13-2017, 04:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
I just saw a model of a draenei of the AoL on Antorus with armor that has the Silver Hand symbol .
The Silver Hand and the Army of the Light will come together as one!
Old 08-13-2017, 05:05 PM

Banished

Now that we know that we will get the 7.3 trailer in a week, What you think it will be about? Velen or aggramar/sargeras stuff/ argus (titan) stuff
Old 08-13-2017, 05:55 PM

Arch-Druid

I think it will be about Velen, maybe talking about how Argus used to be.

What I wonder is if the trailer will be reused as a cinematic in the questline like 7.2's was.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:58 PM

Banished

well ehm... There is an intro cinematic where you fly to argus with the vindicaar and it isnt a "cutscene" its a cinematic. and the xenedar (thats what the xera ship is called) crashes.

Hm... Coming to think about it there are not that many cinematics in 7.3 There are some cutscenes homever.

I really would love a cinematic about how Turalyon and alleria got to the Army of the light stuff. Or just a short story.

Last edited by Gurzog; 08-13-2017 at 06:02 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 05:59 PM

Arch-Druid

It could be reused if they use it as the one where we 'travel' there.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:13 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Now that we know that we will get the 7.3 trailer in a week, What you think it will be about? Velen or aggramar/sargeras stuff/ argus (titan) stuff
They're releasing it this week? Then they have even less to show at Gamescom.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
It could be reused if they use it as the one where we 'travel' there.
They could, though personally I think that using the travel cinematic as the trailer would be weird since there's a quest or two before that cinematic plays in the game. The 7.2 trailer/cinematic was the first thing we saw when speaking to Khadgar the day the patch dropped.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:22 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
They're releasing it this week? Then they have even less to show at Gamescom.
No they are releasing it in 7 days or so (its 14th here in sweden which is relatively close to the timezone of germany so well 8.5 days or so for trailer)

They might show some 7.3.5 stuff for gamescom too? and keep Blizzcon entirely focused on 8.0 given that we got kara last gamescom. and it would make Blizzcon more focused on the expansion than on 7.3.5

Anyway i have to go sleep now i have uni in like 9 hours :S

Last edited by Gurzog; 08-13-2017 at 06:27 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion