Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:56 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
I'd like it on the space map. It clutters the Broken Isles map and doesn't quite fit in.
Agreed, I was looking forward to the space map.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:57 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I dunno, they don't really have much in common with talbuk besides hooves.
Unless Argi is a talbuk too, in which case they also share the face tentacles.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:59 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Apparently the PC version of Destiny 2 is going to be a large part of Blizzard's presence at Gamescom. This just keeps getting weirder.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if maybe the WoW announcement fansites are being told they can't miss is some sort of cross-promotional event with Destiny 2?

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 08-14-2017 at 10:05 PM..
Old 08-14-2017, 10:19 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Apparently the PC version of Destiny 2 is going to be a large part of Blizzard's presence at Gamescom. This just keeps getting weirder.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if maybe the WoW announcement fansites are being told they can't miss is some sort of cross-promotional event with Destiny 2?
If so that'll backfire horribly.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-14-2017, 11:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Yea there's no way that'll go well. I really doubt there's a big overlap between WoW players and people who'd play Destiny.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
That's an interesting place to put Argus on the world map, I would have guessed it would be on the space map.
Probably for the most realistic reason: convenience. When people are checking their world quest daily it will be easier to access instead of zooming out all the way to the space map.

Quote:
I dunno, they don't really have much in common with talbuk besides hooves. I guess I wouldn't dismiss it outright, but I don't think it's something too likely.

I think we can safely say they're not titan-forged, though, since the Pantheon seemingly didn't know about Argus.

My honest guess is they just evolved naturally like trolls.
The draenei custom of Jed'hin also seems kind of similar to how stags fight. Though I know that's not confirmed if Talbuk's do it, it seems like they would due to how similar to stags they are.

Kind of wish they just spelled it out in-game while we have the opportunity.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
If so that'll backfire horribly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Yea there's no way that'll go well. I really doubt there's a big overlap between WoW players and people who'd play Destiny.
I don't doubt people would rage, but considering they're pushing Destiny 2 as the first non-Blizzard game to be on battle.net, coupled with Bungie tweeting about how excited they are for Blizzard to showcase Destiny 2 at Gamescom, I think it could happen. Blizzard has made similarly strange business decisions in the past.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:08 AM

Elune

Well we finally got the music for Argus. Glad it's not like most the Burning Legion music we got this expac.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Actually, there is one.

I heard that quite a lot of people converted Wow Tokens to B-Net Balance to buy Destiny 2. (Aka buying it with WoW Gold.)
Old 08-15-2017, 12:29 AM

Wisp

Quote:
I don't doubt people would rage, but considering they're pushing Destiny 2 as the first non-Blizzard game to be on battle.net, coupled with Bungie tweeting about how excited they are for Blizzard to showcase Destiny 2 at Gamescom, I think it could happen. Blizzard has made similarly strange business decisions in the past.
Well after a little research, it seems that the Interceptor is a vehicule in Destiny, and guess what is the name of one of the mount, the Orgrimmar Interceptor

CASE CLOSED?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia View Post
Well after a little research, it seems that the Interceptor is a vehicule in Destiny, and guess what is the name of one of the mount, the Orgrimmar Interceptor

CASE CLOSED?
Maybe Stormwind Skychaster is based off Dawnchaster then.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Well, considering a lot of people await an expansion reveal at gamescom, if they don't announce it it would be fine I guess, but if it is replaced by destiny 2 , it can call a negative feeling for the people expecting an expansion... Not sur if it is a smart move tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:31 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

I can see them showing how Destiny 2 will work via Battle.net, what I cant see is them inviting the fansite people there for that. That doesn't make sense. Really there is no reason to expect an expansion reveal so if thats what people are expecting theres a very good chance, IMO, they will be disappointed.
It almost seems we are starting to grasp at straws here and just making things up based on randomness
Old 08-15-2017, 06:43 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Probably for the most realistic reason: convenience. When people are checking their world quest daily it will be easier to access instead of zooming out all the way to the space map.
Yeah, I don't mind having a shortcut., but it wouldn't hurt to also include Argus in the space/worlds map.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-15-2017, 07:34 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Yeah, I don't mind having a shortcut., but it wouldn't hurt to also include Argus in the space/worlds map.
That would be redundant.

Blizzard seems to be going to great effort to not let anyone forget or somehow not notice that Argus is there. To the point of filling half the skybox with a giant deathstar thing and now with a billboard ad on the map saying "Next exit!"

I wasn't around for most of the trash expansion, did people just not go to whatever could be called the argus equivalent? Or was there just not one.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Regarding the map, while I also would have liked it on the space map, I think the reason it's on the Broken Isles map is because it's patch content while the planets on the space map are expansion content unto themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
The draenei custom of Jed'hin also seems kind of similar to how stags fight. Though I know that's not confirmed if Talbuk's do it, it seems like they would due to how similar to stags they are.
Jed'hin?
Quote:
Kind of wish they just spelled it out in-game while we have the opportunity.
Agreed.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:39 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Jed'hin?

Jed'hin was a fanmade draenei sport (basically wrestling) that was invented by RPers from the Wrymrest Accord server.
It gained enough popularity that Blizzard has made it canon on Argus, where you can find a Jed'hin arena and spectral Jed'hin fighters and trainers in Mac'Aree.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:43 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
That's an interesting place to put Argus on the world map, I would have guessed it would be on the space map.
I'm assuming their reasoning was that it's preferable to segregate each expansion's content in its own layer of the map as much as possible. I agree it's more than a touch out of place, but I could understand if that was part of their decision process.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I'm assuming their reasoning was that it's preferable to segregate each expansion's content in its own layer of the map as much as possible. I agree it's more than a touch out of place, but I could understand if that was part of their decision process.
Less clicking for world quests.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:

Jed'hin was a fanmade draenei sport (basically wrestling) that was invented by RPers from the Wrymrest Accord server.
It gained enough popularity that Blizzard has made it canon on Argus, where you can find a Jed'hin arena and spectral Jed'hin fighters and trainers in Mac'Aree.
Yeah..

That is going to be the rage of EU forums for the next 3 months.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:27 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Wait they made Jed'hin canon? Well damn now it might be time to revive the character who used to do professional Jed'hin on Argus then turned into one of those washed up sports players that constantly talks about the good ol days.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Yeah..

That is going to be the rage of EU forums for the next 3 months.
Why's that?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Why's that?
They got pissed there Because Blizzard didnt listen to the EU RP community because of sharding stuff. but when US complained about it they fixed it in a day.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Include a short cut on the Eye of Dalaran on the Dalaran map. Put the real map on the space map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
They got pissed there Because Blizzard didnt listen to the EU RP community because of sharding stuff. but when US complained about it they fixed it in a day.
That's not true. CRZ/Sharding has been complained about for a long time.

Last edited by Mertico; 08-15-2017 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-15-2017, 10:59 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Does this prove that there won't be a GamesCom reveal?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=14730
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion