Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Orb of Venom The (Un)official Warlords of Draenor thread VI: Orc Fatigue edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Shaman; 05-04-2015 at 05:17 PM..
Old 04-16-2015, 05:01 PM

Elune

Old 04-16-2015, 05:18 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I just think it would be more logical to send demons out to attack your enemies on their home turf, since you have the numbers advantage now

but that's just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:21 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Let me start this new thread by saying it all sucks and that Dwarves are the master race. That is all.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Let me start this new thread by saying it all sucks and that Dwarves are the master race. That is all.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:25 PM

Eternal

New thread, shitpost orcs in hats

Old 04-16-2015, 05:25 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraznak View Post
I remember previous interviews about this expansion connecting to the next one. Now that I see the ships, I kinda realize that, if they are still on that plan, the next expansion might be sailing into the thick of the Ogre Empire, south of the Barrier Sea.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:51 PM

Huntress

I still can't believe Ner'zhul and Cho'gall died like a nobody. Where is Cho'gall's master and the book his head referred to? Where is Ner'zhul's 2-hand int staff?
We had Dentarg in the ring quest line but his master died like 5-man boss loken?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:01 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

to be fair ner'zhul in this timeline was still just a regular shaman who tried to be a shadow priest and failed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:07 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Aaaaaaand there seems to be nothing about Ephial's Master. Seems they really did kill off Taylor for no reason and mentionned a master to make it seem like it's part of a bigger story.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Aaaaaaand there seems to be nothing about Ephial's Master. Seems they really did kill off Taylor for no reason and mentionned a master to make it seem like it's part of a bigger story.
What you expected coherency?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:24 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

My takeaway:

Naval Missions: Really........ We want to sail, not send other people sailing. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, but I've bet on Azshara too many times to make that bet again.

Fel Iron Horde: No one saw that coming........ Still, it takes things full circle. It also makes sense that Kilrogg would do it too. If he believes so strongly in fate, he'd probably have an issue once he found out that Garrosh and Grom have basically defied fate.

Undead Mannoroth: Honestly didn't see it coming.

Grom switching sides: they could have put more buildup into this. Have there be more positive interactions between us and him, with him acknowledging us as worthy opponents, possibly him discovering that Garrosh misled him. IDK. It's kinda out of no where. That said, he probably is the Orc that Metzen and the others dream about at night, so I'm not surprised their keeping him around.

Final thoughts....... Ok what's next? Invaders from outer space? Because I'm done betting on the Great Seas.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by zassenhaus View Post
I still can't believe Ner'zhul and Cho'gall died like a nobody. Where is Cho'gall's master and the book his head referred to? Where is Ner'zhul's 2-hand int staff?
We had Dentarg in the ring quest line but his master died like 5-man boss loken?
Believe it, pal. There's a few of us upset by it but Ner'zhul doesn't have enough of a following to be saved by popularity.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:40 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Haste new thread(!)

Let's make the Iron Horde feel foolish!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:41 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
Believe it, pal. There's a few of us upset by it but Ner'zhul doesn't have enough of a following to be saved by popularity.
Yeah, I wish he'd stuck around.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:49 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Yeah, I wish he'd stuck around.
Ayup.

I felt the same way about Zul'jin when he went, but I guess it didn't matter to them. If I recall correctly Blizz were planning to pit Ner'zhul and Gul'dan against each other which would have been more interesting than the two of them basically never interracting at all in the game. It seems like Blizzard's answer to characters they don't know what to do with is to kill them off. *cough* Zaela *COUGH*
Old 04-16-2015, 06:50 PM

World Builder

Quote:
To the surprise of no one

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-16-2015, 06:56 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
To the surprise of no one
Except Trickster, apparently.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Ore

Claiming the first page in the name of the Earth Giants

Old 04-16-2015, 07:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
What you expected coherency?
My personal theory is that this patch cycle was done completely on a whim after freaking out about all the "too many orcs" complaints. I'm guessing they decided to go with it the second they decided to do the massive revamp of Draenor.

I think they finished the most immediate launch stuff, then started on a big revamp of Tanaan (which would explain why they just visibly stopped working on it). 6.1 was merely a stopgap while they used most of their time and resources to work on 6.2, which explains why it certainly has a lot of stuff to it. I'm betting it's also why the Burning Legion and Sargerai plotlines, including the legendary quests, at launch feel much more coherent than the Iron Horde ones.

The whole Taylor plotline seemed like a throwaway thing anyway. Pretty sure it was only done to mirror things because Nazgrim died and there was never any point to it beyond that.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:03 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
Except Trickster, apparently.
When I said they killed him off for no reason, people were like "nuh-uh it says he's got a master and Wrathion is mentionned! it must be suuuuper important! don't be such a whiner!!!!" Well, now I am glad to show them they were morons and that Blizzard doesn't care for Alliance balance, only for Horde balance.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:13 PM

Sentinel Queen

Post Oh.

Quote:
When I said they killed him off for no reason, people were like "nuh-uh it says he's got a master and Wrathion is mentionned! it must be suuuuper important! don't be such a whiner!!!!" Well, now I am glad to show them they were morons and that Blizzard doesn't care for Alliance balance, only for Horde balance.
Well, uh, I suppose congratulations are in order?
Old 04-16-2015, 07:15 PM

Elune

Taylor died, haahaha.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
My personal theory is that this patch cycle was done completely on a whim after freaking out about all the "too many orcs" complaints. I'm guessing they decided to go with it the second they decided to do the massive revamp of Draenor.

I think they finished the most immediate launch stuff, then started on a big revamp of Tanaan (which would explain why they just visibly stopped working on it). 6.1 was merely a stopgap while they used most of their time and resources to work on 6.2, which explains why it certainly has a lot of stuff to it. I'm betting it's also why the Burning Legion and Sargerai plotlines, including the legendary quests, at launch feel much more coherent than the Iron Horde ones.

The whole Taylor plotline seemed like a throwaway thing anyway. Pretty sure it was only done to mirror things because Nazgrim died and there was never any point to it beyond that.
If I recall correctly, they said in a tweet that it had nothing to do with Nazgrim and that it was just because that's the story they wanted to tell. (Can't remember who said it but it was the Blizzard dev that has a Gnome avatar.)
Old 04-16-2015, 07:21 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
If I recall correctly, they said in a tweet that it had nothing to do with Nazgrim and that it was just because that's the story they wanted to tell. (Can't remember who said it but it was the Blizzard dev that has a Gnome avatar.)
What story? There was no story with Ephial.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Closed Thread