Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
But... there is no bait on that hook. YOU LIE! YOU LIE AND YOU DIE!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:24 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
So hey question. Is the EU the reason why Europe's economy is bad?
Yes. Trying to meld together such different economies is just a recipy for disaster. The greek collapse wouldv'e never happened if they could control their own currency. Same with the other PIGS countries.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Depends on who you ask, it's the EU, germany, the mediterranean countries, the left, the right and/or the fiscal irresponsibility of dem foul yankees with their housing market.
There was a lot of Fiscal Irresponsibility but it was mostly repercussions of the housing market thing. There wouldn't be a Sovereign Debt crisis if the rating agencies weren't so jittery after that crisis in the US.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
United Kingdom and France?
Not in the case of the UK, economically speaking. There are other problems with the EU, though, which I'm sure my more dextrous friends would be happy to harp on.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Yes. Trying to meld together such different economies is just a recipy for disaster. The greek collapse wouldv'e never happened if they could control their own currency. Same with the other PIGS countries.
I'm a dirty, sodomizing liberal, so I want to say that you're wrong, but I find myself agreeing with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM

Elune

Liberals are like . A slimey blob that imitates other people and will have sex with anything.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:59 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Old 03-13-2014, 05:07 PM

Elune

Well I think a lot of economic problems with countries like Greece is a business unfriendly climate and crony capitalism.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Well I think a lot of economic problems with countries like Greece is a business unfriendly climate and crony capitalism.
German money flowing into Greece, without keeping proper accounts, and KNOWING that loans could not be paid back. It was totally foolish.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:10 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AJF#1946

This is what happens when the world doesn't bow to America's every will and whim.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:11 PM

Elune

It just took Nazja 2 minutes to find that comic to respond to PJ....

It's like the Nazja has all these things just sitting somewhere and waiting for just that right moment to pop them out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
This is what happens when the world doesn't bow to America's every will and whim.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 PM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Germany has the biggest economy so maybe some of them feel entitled to German money.
The thing is, Germany (and to a lesser extent the UK) is a parasite whose wealth come from his disgusting behaviour when it comes to the economy compared to its neighbour. So, fuck the Germans and their beliefs that they know better than the other, they have wealth because they have stolen it since 20 years, aka the formation of the actual E.U.

Quote:
DO you know what is the funniest thing about Greece ? It isn't that the newborn death-rate jumped to War World II levels, or the collapse of the healthcare system to the point that people aren't healed anymore in many cases. No, it is that the EU, in her austerity drive imposed by Germany, never tried to reform the shipowners which are basically corrupt oligarchs of the worst sort and who pay no taxes or impositions, and didn't touch at the Orthodox Chruch with is incredibly wealthy, instead doing as the EU always do : striking at the people and stealing lands, selling whole islands to foreigners who are scarring forever the country's face. That's how the E.U operate, as a tool to the wealthy parasites in the society, instead of working for the people, since it was designed as such since it inception back at the end of WWII by three Germans, with one of them posing as a French (Schuman) and the other as an Italian (de Gaspari).

Last edited by Korath; 03-13-2014 at 11:48 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

20 years ago Germany had to absorb a shitty post-soviet state and they're doing swimmingly. What's France's excuse?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 PM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
20 years ago Germany had to absorb a shitty post-soviet state and they're doing swimmingly. What's France's excuse?
The "excuse" is that Germany got a tailored 'Union Européenne" to be their thing. They also get to play the parasite, stealing the wealth of French people and France, without any reaction from us, while their behaviour should have been as what it is a danger for France's future and therefore dealt with with threat of war, if the Germans didn't change their political and economical behaviour. They can claim all they want that absorbing East-Germany was a hard blow to them, it allowed the Right-Wing piece of shits in this country to prevent and even destroy any social rights and advancement that the Germans had or could have had. And since the Germans are apparently stupid, they seems happy for this social regression.

Instead, we have done nothing but helped the Fourth Reich to come into existence, and today we are kept with a lash on our neck. I refuse it, and I would prefer a war with the fucking Germany than even one more year as their lapdogs. Or, we could also cease to finance this disgusting organization that is the E.U and cease to give our money for free to the fucking Brits because of the P.A.C0. By doing so, our finance would all be in the green. And if the CJUE claims that it is illegal, well, we should simply tell her to shut up, since nobody can force France to do what it doesn't want, if its people have awakened from the pathetic slumbers that politicians sold us since the 1970's.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:48 PM

The Sun King

Welp, yesterday's double-manifestation at the main square ended up bloodily. Two dead confirmed, seven speculated.

Y'know, I actually intended to go to that meeting, had the misshap of things not happened.

Fuck.

Quote:
Sums up the information I've gotten. Good to know my sources are still sound.
I wonder what the Maidan people really think about the Oligarchs still being in powwer,, the ones they wanted to remove.
Well, they thought that the oligarchs will be outed and made to answer for their transgressions along with Yanuk, but I always knew that this is just stupid idealism and the lack of will (intelligence?) to see who's paying Maidan's checks and organizing media support. The only realistic anti-oligarch goal was, as I said, the fall of Yanukovich's own "Family" clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Interesting.... to get inside the mind of Putin.

Evidently, his view is that the independence of Ukraine after 1991 wasn't legal therefore the Ukraine is still part of Russia and his to do as he pleases...
It was said during the telephone talks with the previous leader of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People, now a simple deputee politician. The ex-Mejlis leader noted that Russia is wrongfully going down on many laws and its own agreement to protect Ukraine's territory and sovereignity - to which Putin replied that Ukraine, too, "not completely lawfully" left Soviet Union. As in, his message was less "You all belong to me!" and more like "Screw the laws, I have armies".

Is there any meat to Putin's argument? Well, not really. Soviet Union's federalization system was criticized EXACTLY for the lack of information on the mechanism of secession (basically, it is said that countries CAN go away, but it's not specified HOW they should do it). While Ukraine proclaimed its independence in August, the actual dismantling of USSR (and the creation of the first three states of the CIS) was done in December by the representatives of Ukraine, Russia and Belarus. So... by Putin's logic, Russia and Belarus would be equally "not lawful" and the only legitimate President is... Gorbachyov? Hey, he's still alive!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:13 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

I don't think Korath likes Germany very much.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragemantle View Post
It's an understatement. I truly believe that Germany (and by extension, the UE that its control) is currently the greatest threat to French people way of life, culture and society. Sadly, our so-called elites in France are all weak and corrupt individuals who lacks the guts to do what is necessary for our country, and thus prefer to "enter in History" by helping the E.U to grow stronger and stronger, thus selling the glory and greatness of France for a place in history books.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 AM

Poor Soldier

I suppose the idea of a united Europe isn't working very well, all i've seen it do is create divides and more hatred.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Most people hate their governments these days and quite a lot of the EU dislike Germany's grasp on everyone within the EU. If the United States of Europe ever became a thing Germany would be at its head which is one of the many reasons people dislike even the notion of such a thing. It is literally why i want to vote UKIP for the sake of even a inkling of negotiating within Europe so we can get some power over our own country back >.<.

I don't dislike Germany just the power they have within the EU.

Quote:
I suppose the idea of a united Europe isn't working very well, all i've seen it do is create divides and more hatred.
Yeah it swiftly became that. I could see it becoming far faar worse if the EU basically evolved into the United States of Europe (there are other names out there i think to) because i am not even sure if we can vote against such a thing.

Run

Last edited by Ku'ja; 03-14-2014 at 12:49 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 01:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Clearly the Holy Roman Empire must be reborn. The French can go remake the Byzantine Empire or something.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 AM

Poor Soldier

All of these countries working for their best interests within the EU sounds exactly like what countries do outside of any such union. Except you guys are giving power to people outside of your own countries, that affect your every day lives. Is it considered bad to identify yourselves by your country and take pride in such a thing?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:10 AM

Banished

Quote:
Partly, not entirely. Some individual states must admit their own mistakes (UK is guilty here several times over)

It's unfair to blame the EU for every aspect of what's happened to Europe's economy, but it does have a rather large list of things to answer for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Also: In b4 Hammerbrew.
Hush you.

Quote:
All of these countries working for their best interests within the EU sounds exactly like what countries do outside of any such union. Except you guys are giving power to people outside of your own countries, that affect your every day lives. Is it considered bad to identify yourselves by your country and take pride in such a thing?
Yes. You'll be called a racist/bigot/fascist and so on.

And no, I'm not joking.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
The thing is, Germany (and to a lesser extent the UK) is a parasite whose wealth come from his disgusting behaviour when it comes to the economy compared to its neighbour. So, fuck the Germans and their beliefs that they know better than the other, they have wealth because they have stolen it since 20 years, aka the formation of the actual E.U.
Isn't France like best friends with Germany right now? They're always presented here as being the first ones to rush and suck up to them and agree with all Germany's policies and practically being brother and sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
It's an understatement. I truly believe that Germany (and by extension, the UE that its control) is currently the greatest threat to French people way of life, culture and society. Sadly, our so-called elites in France are all weak and corrupt individuals who lacks the guts to do what is necessary for our country, and thus prefer to "enter in History" by helping the E.U to grow stronger and stronger, thus selling the glory and greatness of France for a place in history books.
Sounds like the UK to be honest.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:15 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Germany is the only nation keeping the EU floating, which is why they've gotten so powerful. Parasitic? I have no idea how Korath came to that conclusion. If anything the other nations parasite on Germany's economic stability.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:20 AM

Elune

Quote:
Germany is the only nation keeping the EU floating, which is why they've gotten so powerful. Parasitic? I have no idea how Korath came to that conclusion. If anything the other nations parasite on Germany's economic stability.
ONLY nation? No, but I can see where you're coming from.

Last edited by Drusus; 03-14-2014 at 01:49 PM..

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black