Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-18-2016, 02:03 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Ppl on wowpedia claim that Khadgar declared Dalaran neutral. I played the quests twice but IIRC Khadgar only voted whether to allow the Horde entry to the city, no? Or does that mean that it automatically is neutral?

Also, three Council members (Karlain, Vargoth & Ansirem, IIRC) were neutral to my Horde char. Can anyone confirm if they are neutral / friendly to the Alliance players?
The official site still considers Khadgar an Alliance character. I'd say that that makes Alliance Dalaran more likely than neutral Dalaran.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I mean, Draenei are supposed to be an Alliance race, but we see more Alliance in name only ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The official site still considers Khadgar an Alliance character. I'd say that that makes Alliance Dalaran more likely than neutral Dalaran.
If I remember correctly, Rommath was supposed to become a member of the Six early on in Beta (Alpha?). Why would Blizzard remove that, if they intended Dalaran to be neutral anyway?
Old 08-18-2016, 02:17 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
If I remember correctly, Rommath was supposed to become a member of the Six early on in Beta (Alpha?). Why would Blizzard remove that, if they intended Dalaran to be neutral anyway?
I don't know, but I know that Aethas doesn't get his position back, and all of the Six are humans or a dragon with Alliance leanings.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:23 PM

Warden

Friendly to my Draenei.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:25 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I don't know, but I know that Aethas doesn't get his position back, and all of the Six are humans or a dragon with Alliance leanings.
Well, according to Wowpedia (I remember seeing a video or a screenshot, but I couldn't find any), Rommath was indeed a member of the Six early on in Alpha, but Blizzard changed that for Kalec later. Speaks volumes to me.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:30 PM

Eternal

The vote was never to leave the Alliance, it was to let the Horde back into Dalaran. Like Marthen said, removing Rommath from the council in alpha is pretty telling.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:30 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

wait they removed rommath?
Old 08-18-2016, 03:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
wait they removed rommath?
Kalec's been in his place for months.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Kalec's been in his place for months.
It' makes more sense this way tbh.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 PM

Elune

tfw no blood elf mage organization content for horde to rival dalaran/kirin tor shit for alliance
Old 08-18-2016, 07:48 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
tfw no blood elf mage organization content for horde to rival dalaran/kirin tor shit for alliance
This is an old problem, and not one limited to the Kirin Tor, mind you.

You'll often hear Alliance players/posters complain about the fact their heroes, themes and all that go neutral, but the fact is that's a symptom of the fact Blizzard's failed to develop anything Horde-side which might act in a similar capacity. So you end up with things like Khadgar going neutral and letting the Horde in Shattrah.

And you can understand why Blizzard would do that. It's far easier to create a single hub, using a single set of assets, than it is to create a hub for each faction and go through the trouble of making unique doodads for both.

But the result is the Alliance is mad it has to share, and the Horde is mad it doesn't actually get anything to call its own.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
This is an old problem, and not one limited to the Kirin Tor, mind you.

You'll often hear Alliance players/posters complain about the fact their heroes, themes and all that go neutral, but the fact is that's a symptom of the fact Blizzard's failed to develop anything Horde-side which might act in a similar capacity. So you end up with things like Khadgar going neutral and letting the Horde in Shattrah.

And you can understand why Blizzard would do that. It's far easier to create a single hub, using a single set of assets, than it is to create a hub for each faction and go through the trouble of making unique doodads for both.

But the result is the Alliance is mad it has to share, and the Horde is mad it doesn't actually get anything to call its own.
Yep. It's a lose/lose situation for everybody and I'm so sick of it.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:11 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Alliance characters go Neutral and Horde characters die or are completely useless and never developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nazgrim
Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...
Old 08-19-2016, 09:52 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Yep. It's a lose/lose situation for everybody and I'm so sick of it.
This.

I don't know which side suffers more (if one truly does), but both of them are getting shit on, and I really am sick of it.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:37 AM

Eternal

I always thought from 5.2 onwards they were building Silvermoon up to be a rival of Dalaran but, eh.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
I always thought from 5.2 onwards they were building Silvermoon up to be a rival of Dalaran but, eh.
That would require them to finally update Silvermoon/Eversong/Ghostlands, and if they do that they'd have to update Exodar/Azuremyst/Bloodmyst.

MANHOURS
A
N
H
O
U
R
S

Old 08-19-2016, 10:50 AM

Eternal

The Highmountain preview on the official site got me thinking. Ettins. Given how they didn't show up on Draenor and are pretty numerous in the Broken Isles, do you think Brann was wrong about them being part of the Breakers lineage (or in other words Blizzard changed their minds about it)?
Old 08-19-2016, 11:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
That would require them to finally update Silvermoon/Eversong/Ghostlands, and if they do that they'd have to update Exodar/Azuremyst/Bloodmyst.

MANHOURS
A
N
H
O
U
R
S

To be fair if you've been there lately they must be doing something there, Court of the Sun is filled with load of invisible walls. In my downtime (read: when i'm bored shitless) I tend to run laps of Silvermoon as I chat shit on skype.

And, well. Look.

I can't remember it being that bad in TBC, but apparently these invisible walls are literally all over. They'd have to go back and remove all of these as well as stop all of QT from being smoke and mirrors like old pre-cata Azeroth (oddly Azuremyst doesn't suffer from this and it's p much ready to fly around). But I don't think Blizzard will view it as worth while, short of role players people don't really go there.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:53 PM

Warden

Quote:
To be fair if you've been there lately they must be doing something there, Court of the Sun is filled with load of invisible walls. In my downtime (read: when i'm bored shitless) I tend to run laps of Silvermoon as I chat shit on skype.

I can't remember it being that bad in TBC, but apparently these invisible walls are literally all over. They'd have to go back and remove all of these as well as stop all of QT from being smoke and mirrors like old pre-cata Azeroth (oddly Azuremyst doesn't suffer from this and it's p much ready to fly around). But I don't think Blizzard will view it as worth while, short of role players people don't really go there.
Demon Hunters.

Their ability to do double jumps, triple if you count Vengeful Retreat, reveals a lot of Silvermoon's "shit, we don't want them to see that" structure.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:01 PM

Eternal

You know, I have a feeling we will see a new version of Quel'Thalas pretty soon. Maybe in an expansion that takes place in a phased Lordaeron?

Gilneas and Aerie Peak as major Alliance hubs, and Undercity and Silvermoon for the Horde.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:04 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Demon Hunters.

Their ability to do double jumps, triple if you count Vengeful Retreat, reveals a lot of Silvermoon's "shit, we don't want them to see that" structure.
Demon Hunters can get above Silvermoon by jumping and gliding up some hills in northeast Eversong. I've run along the roof of the outer walls to Lor'themar's palace.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:09 PM

Eternal

Which book was it that said Gilneas rivalled Kul Tiras in naval power and Lordaeron in might?

Last edited by Insipid_Lobster; 08-19-2016 at 03:11 PM..
Old 08-19-2016, 03:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Which book was it that said Gilneas rivalled Kul Tiras in naval power and Lordaeron in might?
I think Day of the Dragon mentioned something about Gilneas contesting Kul'Tiras' naval might. Not sure, though.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
The Highmountain preview on the official site got me thinking. Ettins. Given how they didn't show up on Draenor and are pretty numerous in the Broken Isles, do you think Brann was wrong about them being part of the Breakers lineage (or in other words Blizzard changed their minds about it)?
Fine, I'll answer my own question! I was looking at Legion's world bosses and found this:

It's vague but, me personally, I wouldn't use "ages" to describe the decades since the Dark Portal opened.

Tags
go'el's gaol, high elf menopause, lore, lorebat, random, tubers, warcraft, world of warcraft