Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2017, 10:09 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I've not heard anything about that.

Secret Empire is over. OG Steve returned from the cosmic cube to knock out Stevil with Mjolnir. Steve vs Stevil
So there are two of them now?

I'm glad a proper Captain America destroyed the HydraNazi cap but I still think this whole thing was a mistake.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
So there are two of them now?

I'm glad a proper Captain America destroyed the HydraNazi cap but I still think this whole thing was a mistake.
It just says that Kobik restored the history that had been corrupted, so presumably she erased him. Not sure, though. She didn't rez Rick Jones or Black Widow, and everyone remembers what happened and such. There's going to be a Secret Empire: Omega to follow-up on some things.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:03 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
It just says that Kobik restored the history that had been corrupted, so presumably she erased him. Not sure, though. She didn't rez Rick Jones or Black Widow, and everyone remembers what happened and such. There's going to be a Secret Empire: Omega to follow-up on some things.
Yeah, I stand by my claim that this whole thing was dumb, and it doesn't fit the fact that they said the 'original' timeline wasn't the original one in the first place.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-03-2017, 05:25 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Yeah, I stand by my claim that this whole thing was dumb, and it doesn't fit the fact that they said the 'original' timeline wasn't the original one in the first place.
It was one big clusterfuck. I don't know what the hell's going on at marvel these days.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:07 AM

Eternal

Quick Secret Empire: Omega Recap:

-Stevil is being kept in some secret prison
-They argue about morality, the greater good, their differences, and what not.
-Stevil believes that he is the real Steve and that Kobik created the other Steve
-Stevil says he was going to fix everything with the cosmic cube.
-Hawkeye cries at Black Widow's funeral
-Bucky is in a foreign country, where a Hydra-allied dictator is assassinated, Bucky believes that it was Black Widow, still alive somehow.
-Mutants are being forced to surrender New Tian back to the United States.
-Punisher is gunning down hydra agents now, says Cap was the person he trusted most, but it was a mistake.
-Nick Fury is watching Punisher, says "he's ready"
-Cap tells the guards to lock Stevil back up, one of the guards whispers to him "hail hydra".

My favorite Generations book so far has been the Ironheart/Iron Man one. Unlike all the others, Bendis puts Riri in the future instead of the past. There she meets up with Sorcerer Supreme Tony Stark, who previously made an appearance in Infamous Iron Man.

The identity of the Mr. Oz that has been appearing in DC books since Rebirth is revealed in the latest Action Comics. It's Jor-El.

Dark Knight: Metal is as awesome as it is weird. Batman rides a dinosaur in #1 and kidnaps a baby in #2.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:34 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...inter-soldier/

Marvel is teasing... something.

Right now, at Marvel, War of the Realms is going on, and it's... fine? It seems obvious that the story is suffering from being made an event rather than a series. But the art is gorgeous and the story isn't bad, just thin. The most hyped book at Marvel is Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk, a horror-themed slant on the character.

The big thing on the horizon is Jonathan Hickman taking over the X-Men, having been away from Marvel since the conclusion of Secret Wars a couple years ago. Most of the X-line is currently taken up by a placeholder event called "Age of X-Man", the exception being Uncanny, which has been a bloodbath unseen since the early days of Decimation. Nobody much likes it. There's some speculation the X-Men will go live on Mars, which was terraformed in the first issues of his Avengers run but hasn't been much thought about since. Just speculation, far as I'm aware.

At DC, unauthorized Watchmen sequel Doomsday Clock is still limping along. Heroes In Crisis just ended and nobody liked it. Bendis has taken over Superman and has an event titled "Event Leviathan" coming, which is a bad title. Grant Morrison took over Green Lantern, now it's "The Green Lantern", and apparently pretty good. Tom King is leaving Batman early, getting a miniseries to finish his run, and is co-writing a New Gods movie. There's conflicting reports as to whether it was the movie that got him to leave, or if Bob Harras just hated his run and had him kicked off.

Also, they're probably killing off Vertigo, the celebrated and storied imprint that housed Sandman, amongst other acclaimed series. It's been a shell of its former self ever since WB gutted the terms of their creator-owned contracts, and founder Karen Berger was laid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-06-2019, 07:51 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...inter-soldier/

Marvel is teasing... something.

Right now, at Marvel, War of the Realms is going on, and it's... fine? It seems obvious that the story is suffering from being made an event rather than a series. But the art is gorgeous and the story isn't bad, just thin. The most hyped book at Marvel is Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk, a horror-themed slant on the character.

The big thing on the horizon is Jonathan Hickman taking over the X-Men, having been away from Marvel since the conclusion of Secret Wars a couple years ago. Most of the X-line is currently taken up by a placeholder event called "Age of X-Man", the exception being Uncanny, which has been a bloodbath unseen since the early days of Decimation. Nobody much likes it. There's some speculation the X-Men will go live on Mars, which was terraformed in the first issues of his Avengers run but hasn't been much thought about since. Just speculation, far as I'm aware.

At DC, unauthorized Watchmen sequel Doomsday Clock is still limping along. Heroes In Crisis just ended and nobody liked it. Bendis has taken over Superman and has an event titled "Event Leviathan" coming, which is a bad title. Grant Morrison took over Green Lantern, now it's "The Green Lantern", and apparently pretty good. Tom King is leaving Batman early, getting a miniseries to finish his run, and is co-writing a New Gods movie. There's conflicting reports as to whether it was the movie that got him to leave, or if Bob Harras just hated his run and had him kicked off.

Also, they're probably killing off Vertigo, the celebrated and storied imprint that housed Sandman, amongst other acclaimed series. It's been a shell of its former self ever since WB gutted the terms of their creator-owned contracts, and founder Karen Berger was laid off.
You are back?
Old 06-18-2019, 06:59 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
You are back?

They seem to post here once every few months.

Tags
avengers, batman, bleedingcool, comic, comic book, comic books, comic con, comics, comix, dark horse, dc bashing, dc comics, graphic novels, image, justice league, marvel, rebirth, spider-man, summers family tree, superheroes, superman, valiant