Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
It wouldn't be morally questionable to wipe out the Forsaken leadership, at the very least. The corruption extends pretty far down. Any undead still actively serving Undercity has to have some idea of what's going on.
I know, I was poking fun at how flanderized the Alliance is that it would rather be stupid good than practical.

Just now wondered if it's comparable to how we don't do much about North Korea even though they could potentially be a threat.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 01-29-2015 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-29-2015, 09:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I know, I was poking fun at how flanderized the Alliance is that it would rather be stupid good than practical.

Just now wondered if it's comparable to how we don't do much about North Korea even though they could potentially be a threat.
It would be comparable if North Korea invaded America and herded Americans into death camps and Washington didn't do shit.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post

If N. Korea regularly kidnapped and experimented on people and had recently gone on a war of bloody brutal conquest using nukes, chemical weapons and the like and no one did anything about it, then the situations would be comparable. Right now though, N. Korea just threatens people with nuclear destruction if a bird takes a dump on the Glorious Leader's statue in the capital city, but it hasn't stated any wars in 50 years. Which is a damned sight better than anything the forsaken have been able to claim. Or even the orcs.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

N. Korea is comparable to the Forsaken in the sense that the fall of the current regime would create a problematic power vacuum. I'm not sure if the Alliance has the manpower to effectively control such a large region (admittedly, the Horde doesn't have enough people either). It's worsened when you consider the fact that the Forsaken have badly polluted much of the region.

However, that's ultimately irrelevant. As Kynrind and Fojar have already stated, if N. Korea started plague-bombing American/Japanese/Korean/Chinese towns, there would be an immediate and decisive smack down.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 01-29-2015, 11:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

The comparison was more loose than anything, they are a threatening dictatorship that is growing in power but is being ignored for the time being.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:56 AM

Druid of the Claw

Default Some Forsaken are still patriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I still stand by that the Forsaken should've never had Tirisfal. This faux Lordaeron identity and the subsequent genocidal behaviour is their greatest flaws. Eastern Plaguelands and Stratholme should've been their home. Tirisfal and Capital City should've been contented territory, something that both factions would want dearly.
I think that every Forsaken who still identifies with Lordaeron has every right to do so, if he or she was born in Lordaeron- what seems to be the case for the majority.

Sylvanas and Garrosh repeatedly manipulated Forsaken soldiers with nationalistic speeches, but to do so, these Forsaken have to identify as Lordaeronians. I suspect that nationalism is much more prevalent in the army than in the general populace.

There are two interesting lines that show us how both Sylvanas and Garrosh implement nationalism into their speeches:

"The Gilneans cower behind their high stone walls," the warchief called out, his deep voice booming over the din of rain and thunder. "You, citizens of Lordaeron, you know their history. When their human allies needed them, what did they do? They walled up and hid."

Swords clanged against shields. Not all Forsaken clung to their living memories, but those who did held no love for the kingdom that had turned its back to the world in its most desperate hours."

- "Edge of the Night", page 5

"The people who called this land their home in life, do so in death as well.
But the alliance does not recognize our rights. They claim this land is their own while attempting to invalidate the claims of the founders of this kingdom".

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27098/lordaeron

Last edited by Stormreaver; 03-06-2015 at 04:49 AM..

Tags
critical thinking, forsaken, lordaeron = forsaken