Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-24-2016, 04:55 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Dagran II Thaurissan.... god, I really hope I don't have to see this little monstrosity rule Ironforge....

The spawn of Thaurissan's line ruling over Ironforge and all of Khaz Modan is just so fucking wrong.
It's also possible that Dagran II may just rename himself and his lineage in the interest of Khaz Modan unity: Dagran Khazborn I (or something).
Old 08-24-2016, 05:30 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Did someone say Lordaeron?

Lordaeron Lordaeron Lordaeron, Lordaeron. Lordaeron?

Lordaeron Lordaeron!

Anduin will be alive, Velen will be alive, Genn will be dead, the rest of the supporting cast will be alive. Jaina will live because of magic/frost magic or some shit, and every paladin character they introduce will die somehow, because Paladins don't get happy endings or the ability to retire.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 08-26-2016, 04:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Dagran II Thaurissan.... god, I really hope I don't have to see this little monstrosity rule Ironforge....

The spawn of Thaurissan's line ruling over Ironforge and all of Khaz Modan is just so fucking wrong.
Almost as bad as the spawn of King Aerys's line ruling over Winterfell.

Now I like Jon, but do you see the fault in your reasoning?
Old 09-11-2016, 03:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I just checked the datamined Victor's Spoils quests that you get from reaching prestige level. The quest-line has you visiting the major face of your faction to honor you and allow you to unlock one of your artifact skins.

http://www.wowdb.com/quests/42982-the-victors-spoils

Here's the problem, Alliance players of all races report to Anduin Wrynn. That basically means right there that Anduin is the new face of the Alliance and that Blizzard won't take this opportunity to let some other racial faction leader take the helm while Anduin continues to grow and mature. So yeah, Anduin at this point might as well be High King of Alliance, to say nothing of the fact that they wrote it to imply that Greymane is working under his orders when he has no reason to take orders from Anduin whatsoever in the Stormheim opening scenario.

Meanwhile, Horde get to visit Sylvanas because she is their Warchief. I understand it sucks that Horde loses leaders but at least we're seeing different leaders assume the mantle of Warchief to at least convey that the faction is more than just Orcs leading it and Warchief Sylvanas makes more sense than High King Anduin.

At this point I don't care that the current name of the title is High King, I dislike it but I just don't care anymore, but please can we have a different race leader being High King (or High Queen) and leading Alliance military forces for at least an expansion or two?
Old 09-11-2016, 04:20 AM

Eternal

Being a major face doesn't have to mean he's really the High King, but simply that he is the leader of the strongest nation in his respective faction. Which Stormwind is, whether some people like it or not. I really think if Anduin was supposed to be High King, Blizzard would say so straight away. They had no qualms about making Sylvanas Warchief either, despite many objections from the fanbase.

As for Greymane taking orders, I'd say it simply a matter of the operation being under Stormwind's jurisdiction.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Being a major face doesn't have to mean he's really the High King, but simply that he is the leader of the strongest nation in his respective faction. Which Stormwind is, whether some people like it or not. I really think if Anduin was supposed to be High King, Blizzard would say so straight away. They had no qualms about making Sylvanas Warchief either, despite many objections from the fanbase.

As for Greymane taking orders, I'd say it simply a matter of the operation being under Stormwind's jurisdiction.
It doesn't have to, but personally it doesn't really give me much hope that they have plans for someone else being High King before Anduin inevitably becomes so. Then again, I guess with Blizzard's track record of poorly portraying any sort of military competence for any of the Alliance leaders it's hard to think of which one would really fit the bill to a good degree.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:15 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

When they killed Varian I feel like they split off his roles to Genn (action/fight the horde) and Anduin (statesman, holds the Alliance together).
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 09-11-2016, 05:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
When they killed Varian I feel like they split off his roles to Genn (action/fight the horde) and Anduin (statesman, holds the Alliance together).
Sort of, yes. Anduin at the moment definitely feels more like Terenas in Warcraft II/III than his father. A statesman and diplomat who holds the Alliance together, whose seat serves the unofficial capital of the Alliance and who issues some commands/authorizations from time to time, yet one not really directly involved with the military matters of the Alliance. And Genn, despite not feeling like Lothar at all, sort of fills his role as well.

In the ideal world, the High King position would get replaced by the Supreme Commander rank once again (with the possible candidates being Genn, Turalyon, Shandris Feathermoon etc.), and Anduin would serve only as this Terenas-like figure to the Alliance.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:33 AM

Elune

The Terenas comparison fits, though in another light Legion reminds me so much of Wrath in so many different ways so I always get the feeling that Anduin is filling the role that Jaina did in Wrath whereas Genn is more like Wrath-era Varian but with better written and more easy to understand motivations that back up his hatred and mistrust of the Horde.

Tags
alliance, wow legion