Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-30-2018, 04:22 PM

Elune

I don't mind the horse but I'm not gonna plunk down $20 to get it. Regular version it is.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:38 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I don't mind the horse but I'm not gonna plunk down $20 to get it. Regular version it is.
The other game rewards are also very unattractive (i mean come on now, portraits and stuff i am fine with, but like sprays and emotes for overwatch 555-come-on-now.)

Also people like towellie going "YOU ARE GETTING TWO MOUNTS" which is false, since you get one that counts towards the achievements the mounts are just ground mounts and not as good looking as the other one, i mean sure legion had a ground mount too, but at least it was kind of cool because it was a fel hunter.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
The other game rewards are also very unattractive (i mean come on now, portraits and stuff i am fine with, but like sprays and emotes for overwatch 555-come-on-now.)

Also people like towellie going "YOU ARE GETTING TWO MOUNTS" which is false, since you get one that counts towards the achievements the mounts are just ground mounts and not as good looking as the other one, i mean sure legion had a ground mount too, but at least it was kind of cool because it was a fel hunter.
Yeah, though I've never really been interested in the bonuses for other games anyway. Also that tortoise-humanoid pet creeps me out.

I figure we'll get some decent horse mounts in Kul Tiras anyway so not gonna be missing out. And the rest, yeah, nothing major.

Somewhat related by way of pre-orders, Blizzard's servers appear to be on fire. Game at least shows that servers have my characters on it now, though, so that's progress.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Void elf recruitment scenario is pretty bland.

I mean, the parts in Ghostland are nice because of Alleria's emotions seeing that place. But the actual scenario was just: say hi do Umbric, go to point A, then B, then C, killing everything in the path. Then Umbric says hi again. The end.

Telogrus Rift is underwhelming. You can access two islands, the third is off-limits. One tent. A few void elves here and there. Warriors and hunters that came out of nowhere, since there were originally only mages and warlocks with Umbric.

The only interesting thing is that you also see high elf and blood elf pilgrims there. So, it's implied (but never outright shown or explained) that the void elves are transforming other elves as well. So, maybe the warriors and hunters are elves recruited by Alleria and transformed?

For a "new" race, the lore feels cobbled together at the last minute. After seeing what Blizzard did with nightborne and highmountain tauren, it feels very badly done.

Also, anyone else find it weird that normal!Umbric has his own unique hairstyle/color (purple), but void!Umbric is just a generic void elf?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 01-30-2018 at 05:39 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 05:36 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I'm happy my character looks similar to an Ethereal during voidform

Old 01-30-2018, 05:47 PM

Elune

Servers are still up and down. If you are in the game, then stay there. Don't log out or switch realms.

Did the gothelf stuff and it was meh. I hope that the others are better.

Figure that I will powerlevel one to get the void armor, then delete her since I really don't see the point of have more than one class, especially when my other alts have so much more in professions.

Then once you can race change, then I'll be doing that on at least 3 of my characters.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Void elf recruitment scenario is pretty bland.

I mean, the parts in Ghostland are nice because of Alleria's emotions seeing that place. But the actual scenario was just: say hi do Umbric, go to point A, then B, then C, killing everything in the path. Then Umbric says hi again. The end.

Telogrus Rift is underwhelming. You can access two islands, the third is off-limits. One tent. A few void elves here and there. Warriors and hunters that came out of nowhere, since there were originally only mages and warlocks with Umbric.

The only interesting thing is that you also see high elf and blood elf pilgrims there. So, it's implied (but never outright shown or explained) that the void elves are transforming other elves as well. So, maybe the warriors and hunters are elves recruited by Alleria and transformed?

For a "new" race, the lore feels cobbled together at the last minute. After seeing what Blizzard did with nightborne and highmountain tauren, it feels very badly done.

Also, anyone else find it weird that normal!Umbric has his own unique hairstyle/color (purple), but void!Umbric is just a generic void elf?
Lorthemar is a generic blood elf
Old 01-30-2018, 06:09 PM

Arch-Druid

The Highmountain unlock is a heck of a lot longer than the other three.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Servers are still up and down. If you are in the game, then stay there. Don't log out or switch realms.

Did the gothelf stuff and it was meh. I hope that the others are better.

Figure that I will powerlevel one to get the void armor, then delete her since I really don't see the point of have more than one class, especially when my other alts have so much more in professions.

Then once you can race change, then I'll be doing that on at least 3 of my characters.
I did the Lightforged now. It was... weird.

In essence, Turalyon announced the lightforged will fight for the Alliance, Fareeya agrees, but you are selected to help a new recruit pass throught the tests. It's kinda pointless. It helps understand how a draenei becomes Lightforged, but in essence is go from point to point beating random mobs. The last cavern is a little more interesting, as you face the various emotional aspects of the recruit and he finally purges his dark side.

It was not bad, but not deep lore as well.

One thing that bothered me is that the VIndicaar in essence has the same draenei NPCs in the same positions as the Argus VIndicaar, but now they are Lightforged (but with normal voices, as Blizzard didn't bother to change anything but their base model). For instance, the Light's Chosen are replaced by nameless Lightforged replicas with same gear. It was cheap.

Last edited by Deicide; 01-30-2018 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 06:46 PM

Arch-Druid

I liked seeing that thalyssra came back to live in her old home and that now that area is also friendly when you accept the quest!

I really like Lorthemar is a real gentleman!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Lorthemar is a generic blood elf
What I found weird is that Umbric's normal blood elf form has unique hair. It was kinda pointless, as his normal form is only featured in the beginning of the questline and we will never see him that way again.

Edit: Actually, just found out that it wasn't a unique hair style. It's just a barber shop-only style that is so ugly I've never seen anyone ever use it. Also never seen it before in any NPC anywhere. Talk about an ugly hair style!

The hair color is still weird, as it looked purple, but it may have just been one of the DK belf hair colors influenced by the lighting.

Last edited by Deicide; 01-30-2018 at 07:34 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 07:17 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

and that is that mystery solved.

There is supposed to be a nightborne in hillsbrad too, the alliance npcs just goes " I will take a look around stormwind/ kill legion"
Old 01-30-2018, 07:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

There is supposed to be a nightborne in hillsbrad too, the alliance npcs just goes " I will take a look around stormwind/ kill legion"
Lol. And I was expecting some kind of story behind the dead tauren.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:26 PM

Troubadour

Quote:

It's the dead Highmountain Tauren I posted a few weeks ago. lmao

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Halian_Shlavahawk

Last edited by Krainz; 01-30-2018 at 08:26 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Arch-Druid

For what it's worth, the "test skills in Ashenvale" line from Thalyssra is gone so anybody who was irked by that, fear no longer.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
For what it's worth, the "test skills in Ashenvale" line from Thalyssra is gone so anybody who was irked by that, fear no longer.
Just look three posts above. Mystery solved.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

pics please
Old 01-30-2018, 07:47 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
It's the dead Highmountain Tauren I post a few weeks ago. lmao

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Halian_Shlavahawk
Oh, that is delicious!

That's worth an amendment to the odds.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:11 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

There are some interesting easter eggs in Telogrus Rift.

You've got high and blood elf pilgrims training to become void elves (so it seems we do in fact have playable high elves)

And there's this random ethereal named Shadreen <The Watcher> just standing on one of the tiny, inacessible islands.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 PM

Troubadour

How funny. The twig gets burned down because of a lunatic moose.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:29 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
How funny. The twig gets burned down because of a lunatic moose.
Nah, the twig got burned down because of lunatic writers.

Don't blame the moose. He just played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:40 PM

Elune

I don't know how Alliance allied race intros compare but I find it really funny that both the Nightborne and the Highmountain get involved with the Horde without doing any real research or asking any serious questions and basing their entire decisions on "Well these ambassadors plus the PC seem nice enough" and then suddenly find themselves locked in a vengeful death-war against Azeroth's sole superpower on the side of the psychotic zombie elf.

It's even funnier when you realize that basically every new addition to the Horde since BC has ended up being in an abusive relationship.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:48 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
"Well these ambassadors plus the PC seem nice enough"
The PC just defeated the Burning Legion, leads a Class Order and recently went on a mission on Silithus, in the name of his faction.

We're talking about the most trustworthy person ever, in Azeroth.

Step aside and take a look on how Anduin Lothar, through his authority, got Garona safe and secured within human grounds (The Last Guardian). Anduin Lothar is but a fly next to the PC.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:15 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

The Void Elf "capital" is cheap as fuck. I hope they'll add recolored Belf buildings or something at some point.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
The PC just defeated the Burning Legion, leads a Class Order and recently went on a mission on Silithus, in the name of his faction.

We're talking about the most trustworthy person ever, in Azeroth.

Step aside and take a look on how Anduin Lothar, through his authority, got Garona safe and secured within human grounds (The Last Guardian). Anduin Lothar is but a fly next to the PC.
Yeah but the Horde PC is a notorious putz
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft