Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Well I don't want that happening to me. Better vote Republican.
I'm a liberal black 23 year old living in the suburbs with my parents with my Community "state" college degree in Arts. I also don't dislike Muslims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I mean that they didn't even fully achieve their easiest objective, which was kill a particular nationality of people. These guys suck.
To be fair people of all colors look the same. There's rarely a magical difference between culture groups. I wouldn't expect much intelligence in what terrorists in these groups say when the groups typically recruit lower intelligence individuals.

Last edited by Leviathon; 09-24-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I'm a liberal black 23 year old living in the suburbs with my parents with my Community "state" college degree in Arts. I also don't dislike Muslims.
What is any of this suppose to mean?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Elune

Anyone who's not black looks alike to me.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Anyone who's not black looks alike to me.
It's alright all blacks look the same to me.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Proof that even humans can be monsters
There is ample proof of that.

Just put any 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' in a room and tell them foreign policy.

Soon they'll be justifying monsters and daemons for the greater good, a term they hardly know of, and be even the greater monster.

As they are the ones justifyin, and creating, those monsters they now defend and only defend because they do not directly affect them. Give them a little button torture, oh sure, they'll turn around and begin to talk about the depravities

But that's because they soon realized their skin is not as strong as they think, and monsters are a cannibalistic sort.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 09-24-2013, 10:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post

Just put any 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' in a room and tell them foreign policy.

Soon they'll be justifying monsters and daemons for the greater good, a term they hardly know of, and be even the greater monster.

As they are the ones justifyin, and creating, those monsters they now defend and only defend because they do not directly affect them. Give them a little button torture, oh sure, they'll turn around and begin to talk about the depravities

But that's because they soon realized their skin is not as strong as they think, and monsters are a cannibalistic sort.
See, the fact that you spell 'demon' with an 'a' is one of the many reasons no one can take you seriously. Which is a shame.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:20 PM

Elune

But Lord Eliphas what if you are the monster?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eelRealization
Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
See, the fact that you spell 'demon' with an 'a' is one of the many reasons no one can take you seriously. Which is a shame.
Do you think he's a European trapped in an American's body?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-24-2013, 10:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Do you think he's a European trapped in an American's body?
More the fact that his diction is some bastard mixture of Elder Scrolls lore and Song of Ice and Fire novels, but his strange phrasings and awkward sentence structure make it mostly incomprehensible.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post

I'll bet that when confronted about the history of their ideology, communists would never have to justify or defend horrible bullshit.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Old 09-25-2013, 05:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
I think he was making a warhammer 40k reference...
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 AM

Elune

Wasn't he really supportive of Obama before hand? I wonder how many votes celebrity endorsements get for the Democratic party.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:57 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Wasn't he really supportive of Obama before hand? I wonder how many votes celebrity endorsements get for the Democratic party.
Who knows? I hope at least a few of them are embarrassed in hindsight over their slobbering, cult-like worship of him in that creepy "yes we can" video they did for his campaign in '08.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Who knows? I hope at least a few of them are embarrassed in hindsight over their slobbering, cult-like worship of him in that creepy "yes we can" video they did for his campaign in '08.
Patton Oswalt, a comedian I enjoy immensely, has a bit about how awesome it's going to be to have Obama in office and how he can't wait because everything is going to get better. I actually have to skip it when it comes on my ipod, not because Obama bothers me, but because it's so wrong in hindsight. Also a majority of it is "It's going to be awesome having a black guy as president".
Old 09-25-2013, 02:51 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Patton Oswalt, a comedian I enjoy immensely, has a bit about how awesome it's going to be to have Obama in office and how he can't wait because everything is going to get better. I actually have to skip it when it comes on my ipod, not because Obama bothers me, but because it's so wrong in hindsight. Also a majority of it is "It's going to be awesome having a black guy as president".
I don't mind celebrities supporting/endorsing Obama. I just hate when they slobber over him and/or campaign for him (esp when that involves attacking Republicans, which was often during the election).
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
I don't mind celebrities supporting/endorsing Obama. I just hate when they slobber over him and/or campaign for him (esp when that involves attacking Republicans, which was often during the election).
I just feel like the satire, especially from the comedians, encourages people to emulate it. It isn't very fun to be ridiculed for your political beliefs when they basically repeat what a comedian has said. I think it just makes things more toxic.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
I just feel like the satire, especially from the comedians, encourages people to emulate it. It isn't very fun to be ridiculed for your political beliefs when they basically repeat what a comedian has said. I think it just makes things more toxic.
That's what comedians do. They ridicule people. They look at society and call out bullshit. Everyone gets made fun of by comedians.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
That's what comedians do. They ridicule people. They look at society and call out bullshit. Everyone gets made fun of by comedians.
Yeah they are good at presenting an idea because they got the linguistics down but they aren't masters of policy.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Quote:
Yeah they are good at presenting an idea because they got the linguistics down but they aren't masters of policy.
Masters of policy are not really masters of policy either. Not anymore anyway.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, but they don't claim to be masters of policy either do they? They're comedians, they only thing they're trying to do is make people laugh. Why are you trying to hold them to this standard of political integrity when it has nothing to do with their actual job? They aren't trying to "present ideas" as if it's some sort of lecture or sermon where changing people's minds is important. They're trying to create laughs. They are entertainers, their material is made up of what they have experienced to be entertaining for audiences.

Furthermore, since political satire is such an obvious gold mine for comedy, why aren't there extremely popular comedians and satire shows that make fun of Democrats and Obama on a regular basis? Somehow I don't think you would be making a fuss if there was. Shouldn't there be a big market for this? Shouldn't some shrewd capitalist see the opportunity for this untapped market? Aren't there tons of people who would eat up a show that made fun of MSNBC and Obama gaffes? Do you believe there's a conspiracy in the world of comedy to hate and discredit Republicans?

Last edited by Saranus; 09-25-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 09-25-2013, 04:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, but they don't claim to be masters of policy either do they? They're comedians, they only thing they're trying to do is make people laugh. Why are you trying to hold them to this standard of political integrity when it has nothing to do with their actual job? They aren't trying to "present ideas" as if it's some sort of lecture or sermon where changing people's minds is important. They're trying to create laughs. They are entertainers, their material is made up of what they have experienced to be entertaining for audiences.

Furthermore, since political satire is such an obvious gold mine for comedy, why aren't there extremely popular comedians and satire shows that make fun of Democrats and Obama on a regular basis? Shouldn't there be a big market for this? Aren't there tons of people who would eat up a show that made fun of MSNBC and Obama gaffes? Do you believe there's a conspiracy in the world of comedy to hate and discredit Republicans?
Oh you don't wanna ask that question.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 04:31 PM

Elune

Quote:

Furthermore, since political satire is such an obvious gold mine for comedy, why aren't there extremely popular comedians and satire shows that make fun of Democrats and Obama on a regular basis? Somehow I don't think you would be making a fuss if there was. Shouldn't there be a big market for this? Shouldn't some shrewd capitalist see the opportunity for this untapped market? Aren't there tons of people who would eat up a show that made fun of MSNBC and Obama gaffes? Do you believe there's a conspiracy in the world of comedy to hate and discredit Republicans?
I am allowed to present ideas just as much as they are. My idea just happens to be criticizing them. I do think even if they don't understand the positions they take that they do have influence on people's minds. I don't think that influence is a good thing in a democratic society. It is the reason why democracy doesn't always choose the best leaders.

There are some things that criticize Democrats in that format. I didn't defend them.

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president