Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-29-2017, 05:27 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
That much matter/energy leaving would basically leave a hollow core that would collapse the outer shell of the planet. Unless she left something behind to stabilize it, the birth of Azeroth would probably be the death of the life on the crust.

It also doesn't make sense from the fact that an Old God's physical presence to the core of the planet seems to be one of the demarcations for the danger that Azeroth is in.

I imagine, even in the skin theory, that life on a Titan isn't exactly a stable thing. If a cosmic limb goes through a planet's atmosphere, any life existing in that area would be bombarded by radiation and various chemicals that cannot be good for the average person's health. And that doesn't account for how a Titan maintains itself, which I assume means planetary level disturbances when growth occurs (e.g. earthquakes or shifts in climate).
It is a world soul, so I doubt it will leave behind an unstable core once the titan is born - Draenor is one of the worlds that lacks a world soul. I am sure the Titan born would leave behind sustenance for Azeroth(The World) to function without her.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:29 AM

The Sun King

Titans are described as having mountains and rivers across their bodies. So they do not come from planets akin to eggs: they ARE planets morphed into humanoid forms.

Whatever the case, doesn't seem like a good ending for the denizens.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:43 AM

Eternal

I think you all are trying to look physically and scientistically at something that's supposed to be a metaphysical transformation; an ascension.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:06 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I think you all are trying to look physically and scientistically at something that's supposed to be a metaphysical transformation; an ascension.
Nevertheless, that's what textual evidence says. We're just following it. Do you think we like the idea of Transformer Titans?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Considering all the creepy crawlers living on us, I'm sure the denizens of Azeroth will be fine.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Nevertheless, that's what textual evidence says. We're just following it. Do you think we like the idea of Transformer Titans?
Well, I do.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Well, I do.
You sick and twisted excuse for a human being.

Changing the subject a little, let me share something I've been thinking about (related to my alternate origin for the Lich King):

As per Chronicles, Titans are associated with Arcane. We also have Sargeras, which is a Fel Titan and the possibility of a Void Titan is pretty much what drives the setting right now.

Considering all of that, would the existence of Life- or Death-Titans be possible? And, on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that Azeroth will end up a Light Titan?
Old 05-05-2017, 11:36 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Nevertheless, it does not. There is no description of thethe process itself, only of the result in the most vague form, and Titans are consistently shown as being astral in their forms. You are following a conjecture.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
and Titans are consistently shown as being astral in their forms.
They're not consistently shown that way though. They look like that in one picture. Every other picture of them they have physical bodies.

This one, granted, predates Chronicle.

But this and this, both from Chronicle show a titan with a very physical body. Chronicle also describes the geographical features on them and talks about Sargeras's skin tearing open with fire gushing out from the inside when he destroyed a planet. They're not made of stardust.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
But this and this, both from Chronicle show a titan with a very physical body. Chronicle also describes the geographical features on them and talks about Sargeras's skin tearing open with fire gushing out from the inside when he destroyed a planet. They're not made of stardust.
The first one looks Astral to me.

As for the second one, haven't we come to the conclusion that this is another avatar of Sargeras? Since Titans don't seem to be able to actually change their sizes.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
The first one looks Astral to me.

As for the second one, haven't we come to the conclusion that this is another avatar of Sargeras? Since Titans don't seem to be able to actually change their sizes.
Yes and yes. As for their former appearances, can't be counted, pre-Chronicle.

Tags
lore, titans, warcraft