Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 07:15 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I doubt the night elves will be happy for losing the lands they've been holding for thousands of years.

And, if Alliance does take the entire EK, I doubt the blood elves will be happy as well. The drive to go back and retake what's rightfully theirs will always exist.

That's a stalemate. Some victories, some defeats, ending in a unfulfilling way, and everyone wants still revenge for the losses anyway.
Yeah, Isolation of belfs and draenei is one problem. I kinda want them to go "Dalaran" with Silvermoon, and let the Exodar take-off to allow them all to be mobile, and I'm sorta hoping we see that as time passes.

Really though, while the Horde's wanted Kalimdor... the only bit from the nelfs we really wanted was Ashenvale, more pertinent to me as a Horde player was securing the Barrens and 1k needles and building up in areas like Un'goro and Tanaris.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2017, 07:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I doubt the night elves will be happy for losing the lands they've been holding for thousands of years.

And, if Alliance does take the entire EK, I doubt the blood elves will be happy as well. The drive to go back and retake what's rightfully theirs will always exist.

That's a stalemate. Some victories, some defeats, ending in a unfulfilling way, and everyone wants still revenge for the losses anyway.
Well the Blood Elves technically get to upgrade? Sunwell? Pfft... hello Well of Eternity... As for the Forsaken, Darkshore/Felwood are great options, but so is Theramore or what remains of it.

I don't disagree that the races who ultimately lose in this scenario desperately will need some form of closure and continued development to address the massive upheaval they'll go through, but really, it can work if Blizzard is going to go there, and let's be honest, Burning Teldrassil and Purging the Forsaken from Lordaeron already is getting halfway there. All that's left is the Draenei and Blood Elves.

Also some part of me finds grim amusement in the idea of Vereesa lording Quel'Thalas over the Blood Elves. "Oh you want your homeland? Sorry, Exiled. If you forsake the Horde and pledge eternal fealty to the Alliance through your bloodline, then MAYBE you can come back as second class citizens." That girl is vindictive. I could see her taking great pleasure in the High Elves having Quel'Thalas again while the Blood Elves are homeless.

Last edited by Vexander; 11-04-2017 at 07:39 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Sentinel Queen

Funny though that I feel zero attachment to my Undead characters and would be fine with the Alliance getting their zones. My Blood Elves, Tauren and Troll chars are a different matter though and if anything happens to Mulgore I play pvp daily although I find WoW pvp dumb and boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:21 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Sylvanas burns teldrassil first, by using a shard from Sargeras weapon, anduin retaliates by attacking undercity

Void elves are apparently Blood elves who turn to the alliance, they are featured in 7.3.5

Apparently according to the guy that leaked the expansion at the 27th, the subraces are coming in 7.3.5 too, so that is kinda cool.

All this according to warneverchanges on mmo-c
link please
Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 AM

World Builder

Alleria's Vindictive or Vereesa... Valeeria? Other alive sibling.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-04-2017, 07:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Interesting map:

Only parts of Hillsbrad it would seems.

Also, doesn't Argentina and Knights of the Ebon Blade control territories in the Plaguelands? Where would they fit in or is Blizzard going to pretend neutrals did not exist?
the alliance will lose aerie peak?
Old 11-04-2017, 07:37 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Alleria's Vindictive or Vereesa... Valeeria? Other alive sibling.
Bah! I meant Vereesa! Thanks for catching that!
Old 11-04-2017, 07:41 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Arguably? It's a stalemate where both factions have gotten something they wanted. The Alliance wanted the Eastern Kingdoms, and the Horde wanted Kalimdor, and now both get it.
And Sylvanas loses Undercity.
I am wondering how is this going to affect the Forsaken. I assume Sylvanas stays in Orgrimmar, but like 90% are most likely going to be destroyed, with the remaining either somewhere else in Kalimdor, refugees on the Argent Kingdom, or turning Alliance. Sylvanas might not die this expansion, but she is going to lose A LOT.

About the expansion. I would be very hype if this expansion is the expansion where we get to kill off the factions, but i know better than expect that. As other have pointed out, most likely we are turning a blind eye to the faction war as soon as the Old gods start taking over Azeroth.

Also, I wanted to point out Sylgrin and Liadrin is not the only instance of blood elves helping the nightborne, there is also Aethas and his apprentice waifu.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:43 AM

Chimaera

If Alliance does get Ek and Horde Kalimdor, the ones with most to lose are the Elves, and the Nelves most of all.

I mean, maybe I don't get it because I never played as Forsaken, but I don't see a lot of emotional attachment to Undercity. It's just a place that was available and that they squatted in. Quel'thalas, on the other hand, has been the seat of the High/Blood Elves for millennia.

Doubly so in the case of the Night Elves. I can see teh Forsaken going "eh, whatever", and settling in Darkshore, and the Belves could even go "Suramar is suitably elegant for our tastes", but for the Night Elves to lose Hyjal and surrounding regions? No way they would simply comfortably settle down in Gilneas or even the forests around Quel'thalas, or in the jungles down in Stranglethorn. Ever.

Last edited by Patrick_C; 11-04-2017 at 07:49 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 07:50 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
the alliance will lose aerie peak?
Doubtful, the map probably just isn't 100% accurate

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
I mean, maybe I don't get it because I never played as Forsaken, but I don't see a lot of emotional attachment to Undercity. It's just a place that was available and that they squatted in.
After Sylvanas started fistpumping "this is our land", picking a war to "reclaim" Lordaeron in Cataclysm and reshaped many areas to their liking? We might finally get dissent over Sylvanas leadership in the Forsaken.

Btw the Exodar fucking off and floating in the sky somewhere over EK would be awesome.

Last edited by Feltongue; 11-04-2017 at 07:58 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 08:09 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

The Alliance takes it all, someone else showed another graphic with Lordaeron in blue.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-04-2017, 08:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Pending further story details, this expansion makes the Horde iredeemable in my eyes. The fact that Saurfang, once apologetic over the Horde atrocities in the war, is there, supporting Sylvanas, (seemling) after they burn down Teldrassil. Where are the moderate leaders of the Horde?

This even makes the nightborne feel really ungrateful. I was counting on them joining the Horde in a period of peace. Like, choosing the best ally. Now, they are accomplices of destroying night elf lands just after the night elves aided them in their darkest hour.

I really dislike this all-out war.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-04-2017, 08:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
If Alliance does get Ek and Horde Kalimdor, the ones with most to lose are the Elves, and the Nelves most of all.

I mean, maybe I don't get it because I never played as Forsaken, but I don't see a lot of emotional attachment to Undercity. It's just a place that was available and that they squatted in. Quel'thalas, on the other hand, has been the seat of the High/Blood Elves for millennia.

Doubly so in the case of the Night Elves. I can see teh Forsaken going "eh, whatever", and settling in Darkshore, and the Belves could even go "Suramar is suitably elegant for our tastes", but for the Night Elves to lose Hyjal and surrounding regions? No way they would simply comfortably settle down in Gilneas or even the forests around Quel'thalas, or in the jungles down in Stranglethorn. Ever.

min 29:29
the horde stays in quelthalas
Old 11-04-2017, 08:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
The Alliance takes it all, someone else showed another graphic with Lordaeron in blue.
undercity is indefensible and quel'thalas is zone horde

min 29:29
Old 11-04-2017, 08:50 AM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

Is it just me or does this Blizzcon seem pretty light on information? It feels short on panels and interviews and the features we do have information have seem very conceptual with few actual details.

The only WoW panels today are the art and Q&A panels. Yesterday we had the announcement, What's Next and then the Deep Dive which was pretty much a repeat of the What's Next.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
I don't like the 'new' theme of Kul Tiras. Seems to be a mix between Gilneas and Kezan.
With the Vrykulesque monster hunters, Druids, and Sea Priests, I'm getting the feeling that there is a theme for Kul Tiras. They're throwbacks. Well, that's not entirely accurate.

It's more that Kul Tiras doesn't seem to have gone through the same cultural developments as the rest of the world. Kind of like how Gilneas still had Harvest Witches, but even older than that. They seem to predate the cultural dominance of the Holy Light itself, and that seems to be the theme they're going with.

They still have freaky nature worshipers and hags. They still have seemingly Old God worshiping squid priests in plain sight. These are the kinds of humans the Trolls would have found on their lands so long ago.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:03 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Btw the Exodar fucking off and floating in the sky somewhere over EK would be awesome.
Preach. I've been waiting for this since Cata/MoP. They did say it simply wouldn't fly anymore, though, which was the reason the Vindicaar was built, so...

Quote:
Where are the moderate leaders of the Horde?
Laying low until the Horde's gains are consolidated and/or the Alliance is pushing back, a which point they will jump from behind the bushes and say, "YEAH, WE ALSO DON'T LIKE YOU, MEAN, MEAN WARCHIEF"! and "heroically" rebel against the 3rd or 4th Hitler in a row.

Of course, any Horde gains under said Hitler will NOT be relinquished back, so they'll conveniently have their cake and eat it too.

I'm surprised, though, that it took this long to make the Horde irredeemable. They've been over to me since... Well, I'd say since Cata, but there was the Wrathgate business the expansion before that, and the whole Blood Elves enslaving Naaru and assassinating Draenei on the expansion before that, so...

I wish I was able to see that hard-working, idealistic, "underdogs sticking together" Horde people say Thrall founded, even play in it, maybe, but I've never been. To me it's the same old marauding murderhobos from always trying to get a PR scam going.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Druid of the Talon

Perhaps, Seven Kingdoms will return in the coming expansion.
Stormwind - first playable human faction
Stromgarde - in the preview, we can see the Horde setting siege on the city. Maybe Danath and/or Thoras will throw their pennies into liberating the kingdom.
Dalaran - restored its glory in WotLK already.
Lordaeron - it seems the Alliance will reclaim the city. Calia Menethil is the only alive legal heir of the throne.
Gilneas - second playable human faction (as Worgen in gameplay terms). Should Lordaeron be retaken, then Gilneans will probably come back to the peninsula.
Kul Tiras - alive and well. It's not known who is the ruler though. Maybe Tandred will be re-retconed?
Alterac - Syndicate is considered to be bandit organization and terrorists, but if we look objectively maybe they are just national liberation movement and they deserve their kingdom back. Aliden is officially dead but Isiden is still missed somewhere.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Pending further story details, this expansion makes the Horde iredeemable in my eyes. The fact that Saurfang, once apologetic over the Horde atrocities in the war, is there, supporting Sylvanas, (seemling) after they burn down Teldrassil. Where are the moderate leaders of the Horde?

This even makes the nightborne feel really ungrateful. I was counting on them joining the Horde in a period of peace. Like, choosing the best ally. Now, they are accomplices of destroying night elf lands just after the night elves aided them in their darkest hour.

I really dislike this all-out war.
I think it depends, really. Even Saurfang cannot really ignore the masses, their needs and wishes. It was what led him to allowing Garrosh to do so much harm in the long run. The difference here is, Sylvanas isn't acting like Garrosh in that her actions (on the surface at least) are to benefit the Horde in general, rather than just her own race. Destroying Teldrassil is a massive hit to the morale of the Alliance, and a massive boost to the Horde. Suddenly the resources of Kalimdor in their entirety are open to the Horde. This primarily benefits the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Goblins, rather than just the Forsaken, but it is still a major benefit to a large population of the Horde.

We really need more information at this point. I can see Saurfang supporting the War, but with stipulations. The absence of Blight, for example, might be something to that effect. Why he would be alright with a fragment of Sargeras' blade destroying Teldrassil, I cannot say other than, perhaps even he has to accept the impossibility of taking Teldrassil through conventional warfare.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:26 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
I think it depends, really. Even Saurfang cannot really ignore the masses, their needs and wishes. It was what led him to allowing Garrosh to do so much harm in the long run. The difference here is, Sylvanas isn't acting like Garrosh in that her actions (on the surface at least) are to benefit the Horde in general, rather than just her own race. Destroying Teldrassil is a massive hit to the morale of the Alliance, and a massive boost to the Horde. Suddenly the resources of Kalimdor in their entirety are open to the Horde. This primarily benefits the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Goblins, rather than just the Forsaken, but it is still a major benefit to a large population of the Horde.

We really need more information at this point. I can see Saurfang supporting the War, but with stipulations. The absence of Blight, for example, might be something to that effect. Why he would be alright with a fragment of Sargeras' blade destroying Teldrassil, I cannot say other than, perhaps even he has to accept the impossibility of taking Teldrassil through conventional warfare.
I'm sure that they'll write in a couple lines of "justification" to handwave off him being okay with the largest wholesale slaughter of civilians since the Scourge's conquest of Lordaeron, but don't think you'll get anything that will in any reasonable sense, bridge him from his dialogue with Garrosh in Wrath to him being a-ok with this.

Maybe an Old God did it. Who cares? The writers?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:28 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
With the Vrykulesque monster hunters, Druids, and Sea Priests, I'm getting the feeling that there is a theme for Kul Tiras. They're throwbacks. Well, that's not entirely accurate.

It's more that Kul Tiras doesn't seem to have gone through the same cultural developments as the rest of the world. Kind of like how Gilneas still had Harvest Witches, but even older than that. They seem to predate the cultural dominance of the Holy Light itself, and that seems to be the theme they're going with.

They still have freaky nature worshipers and hags. They still have seemingly Old God worshiping squid priests in plain sight. These are the kinds of humans the Trolls would have found on their lands so long ago.
Well, 'theme' encompasses a lot. I meant architecture.
In a cultural sense, yeah, they seem to be going for the more ancestral human vibe. Moreso than Gilneas.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Do we know if the Allied races are going to be reputation factions with quartemasters and tabards and mounts and the rest of it?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Do we know if the Allied races are going to be reputation factions with quartemasters and tabards and mounts and the rest of it?
I may be wrong, but I think at least the four showcased ones will be storylines, and will be slowly released during the content drought to "bridge the gap" between expansions.

If the storyline is tied to a reputation, I don't know. Probably, as that would mean we'd need more time and some repeatable content before we could finish the stories.

Quote:
Laying low until the Horde's gains are consolidated and/or the Alliance is pushing back, a which point they will jump from behind the bushes and say, "YEAH, WE ALSO DON'T LIKE YOU, MEAN, MEAN WARCHIEF"! and "heroically" rebel against the 3rd or 4th Hitler in a row.

Of course, any Horde gains under said Hitler will NOT be relinquished back, so they'll conveniently have their cake and eat it too.

I'm surprised, though, that it took this long to make the Horde irredeemable. They've been over to me since... Well, I'd say since Cata, but there was the Wrathgate business the expansion before that, and the whole Blood Elves enslaving Naaru and assassinating Draenei on the expansion before that, so...

I wish I was able to see that hard-working, idealistic, "underdogs sticking together" Horde people say Thrall founded, even play in it, maybe, but I've never been. To me it's the same old marauding murderhobos from always trying to get a PR scam going.
You know, Alliance should bring the Vindicaar over Orgrimmar and Light Judge the fuck out of the Horde.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 11-04-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 09:47 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
You know, Alliance should bring the Vindicaar over Orgrimmar and Light Judge the fuck out of the Horde.
And Dalaran. The Vindicaar and Dalaran. Joint Light-Arcane beam of doom upon those who follow the way of the marauding murderhobo.

Glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post

I hadn't (consciously) noticed this before you mentioned it, only that Kul Tiras as a whole gave off a very unsettling feeling, like a old horror movie. Now I understand why.

That's actually very cool.

Last edited by Patrick_C; 11-04-2017 at 09:54 AM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft