Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 AM

Arch-Druid

The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
LURID!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Another Alliance Hero killed by the Horde.
Now that's fucked up.

We get one really cool, funny undead guy on our side, and then lose him.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:05 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
The Horde finds Lurid's corpse.
Because they MADE the corpse!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 AM

Sentinel Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSlYX...os=vy2bEdLbZ7I someone did the questline. Lets watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:14 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Because they MADE the corpse!
Where did you learn that?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Ehh, Lurid did already die at leat once after Thssarian had raised him. However, he did resurrect him again. (Just read Death Knight.)

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-16-2010 at 01:23 AM..
Old 07-16-2010, 01:15 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Where did you learn that?
Comedy school.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Finished the video now.

Man, Sylvanas is indeed badass. And yes, the Forsaken now mostly control the Western Plaguelands.

It actually makes perfect sense. The Forsaken were decimated during the war against the Lich King and Varmathras short coup d'tat. As we already know from other Cata Info Sylvanas wants to prevent that the Forsaken die out (since they can't procreate) and is persuing this goal VERY agressivly.

However, as we also have seen, this "new" forsaken are indeed Sylvanas puppys, since they are mindcontrolled by her Valkyr.

Can't wait until we find out the Alliance Version of the Questline.

Also, wasn't there rumors that there were quests were we have to deal with Bolvar's new scourge?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskinRidge View Post
Things in Cata are bad, but not quite on that level.
Not that bad? Thrall's pretty much the only thing holding the world together for a while.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:10 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufy View Post
Not that bad? Thrall's pretty much the only thing holding the world together for a while.
That would make a good end to Cata. Just when we are about to finish deathwing Azshara assassinates Thrall and the world collapses into deepholm. All of Azeroth is in ruins and all bases will become refugee camps with tents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:18 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
That would make a good end to Cata. Just when we are about to finish deathwing Azshara assassinates Thrall and the world collapses into deepholm. All of Azeroth is in ruins and all bases will become refugee camps with tents
Ruins and camps with tents... Sounds just like the vanilla horde to me!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
It appears that through quests the Forsaken gain control of ALL of Andorhal. Not only that, but they explode plague barrels among some of the regained human farms. Not only that, but Sylvanas' respect for the Horde seems to have evaporated.

http://runaan.shaiex.net/pictures/wp...punishment.jpg
Wait a minute....

Beneath the Undercity?
I didn't even know there was such a place.
What the hell has she been cooking down there??
Old 07-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskinRidge View Post
Which Gurtogg? Be specific here.

The insane, bloodthristy one, or the one located in the Black temple?
I loled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
They're one and the same.

PS. So does anyone know do these new Forsaken troops have any free will? It seems to me they are all perfectly enslaved. I guess it's too early in Beta to find out, what some Forsaken or Blood elves think about this.
My secret is out.

Though I guess this answers the question of why these new individuals are serving the Forsaken when they are newly risen. Sylvanas is using her Banshee charm ability on them.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM

Sentinel Queen

After watching the questline done on youtube, it seems that the new forsaken aren't hostile at first. A lot of them emote for the Dark Lady, I am Forsaken, I live, etc. etc. without being charmed. Don't know how much sense that makes...
Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Eternal

It's weird. In the Forsaken starting quest when you wake up new Forsaken, someone like Vivian Voss a former Scarlet Crusader freaks out and runs away. While waking an undead hunter is like "Ah I see. I guess I'm part of the Horde now" and just shrugs it off. Or just complain or confused about it. Like "It's so dark in here. I'm not sure I like being undead." But I guess if Sylvannas really had a problem with a lot of them, charming and mind-control always works.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:51 AM

Hippogryph Rider

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

One thing that has been bothering me is why do you only find the corpse of Lurid but not Thassarian, what if the Alliance commander of this section is not too happy with him or someone even higher up is not too happy with the fact that Thassarian is still on good terms with Koltira Deathweaver and seem to have lost the battle by not attacking the Forsaken right away but regroup and wait with the final push until it was too late.

The net is vast and infinite
Old 07-16-2010, 08:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrustus View Post
One thing that has been bothering me is why do you only find the corpse of Lurid but not Thassarian, what if the Alliance commander of this section is not too happy with him or someone even higher up is not too happy with the fact that Thassarian is still on good terms with Koltira Deathweaver and seem to have lost the battle by not attacking the Forsaken right away but regroup and wait with the final push until it was too late.
err... cuz he didn't die?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:09 AM

Loremaster

I will laugh so hard if the Alliance side quest, once it finally is finished, has someone on the Alliance like Varian suddenly appear and drag off Thussarian to the Stockades or Vault for making the ceasefire, killing Lurid as he tries to stop them.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
I will laugh so hard if the Alliance side quest, once it finally is finished, has someone on the Alliance like Varian suddenly appear and drag off Thussarian to the Stockades or Vault for making the ceasefire, killing Lurid as he tries to stop them.
that'd be quite an interesting possibility. although, i don't think it will happen. atleast, i hope it won't.

from horde PoV it seems thassarian broke the pact between him and koltira. my guess is - it's been a sylvanas' doing. she sent some forsaken that weren't under direct command of koltira to provoke the attack.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
She might refer to the current Undercity. Remember, with Cataclysm, the surface area of UC will be accessible.
Yeah, but "Undercity" technically refers to the part beneath the ruins of Lordaeron. She specifically said "beneath the Undercity", which makes me think there's some kind of secret chamber down there that the Kor'kron guards don't know about.

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 07-16-2010, 08:21 AM

Sentinel Queen

Between Thassarian breaking the pact & being absent from Andorhol, I'd say it's very likely his dealings with Koltira are revealed & he's in deep shit over it. People are naturally sympathetic to the two of them, but striking a secret back door deal with the enemy seems like a good way of getting yourself executed for treason to me.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
that'd be quite an interesting possibility. although, i don't think it will happen. atleast, i hope it won't.

from horde PoV it seems thassarian broke the pact between him and koltira. my guess is - it's been a sylvanas' doing. she sent some forsaken that weren't under direct command of koltira to provoke the attack.
Well we don't know the full details of the truce but doesn't Sylvannas as Lindsay Revansun send you to attack Alliance laborers and turn them into Forsaken troops. If there was a truce, it was broken by then and the Andorhal troops would be outraged and want to start swinging back whether Thassarian approved or not. And then when you return to Koltira he's surprised that the Alliance militia and armed farmers attacked him from behind. That's my assumption. Though Thassarian's disappearance is quite strange seeing as there's still Andorhal defenders before you reach Lurid's corpse. Either an assassin went after him and Lurid sacrificed himself so Thassarian can go into hiding or the Andorhal chain of command ousted him as commander of their forces.

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 07-16-2010 at 08:41 AM..
Old 07-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
The issue is I don't see Thassarian breaking the pact. It seems almost out of character to me that he would not only break that pact, but also run away from a fight he was personally leading. It really stinks of someone else taking over command of the battle from him and throwing the militia at the Forsaken, Lurid being the obvious example of something having gone wrong since you find him before the Forsaken take over the city.

I also find it balances out well if the friendship of the two ultimately gets them in a bad place with their respective factions.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Is there any word from the devs about when the Alliance finale will be implemented (or is it and it's simply bugged)?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
People are naturally sympathetic to the two of them, but striking a secret back door deal with the enemy seems like a good way of getting yourself executed for treason to me.
Especially given Varian's well-established prejudices. He better not kill Thassarian...or I'm coming after him with my orc warlock and killing HIM, and sucking out his soul into a little gem in my soon-to-be-useless soul bag.

Hmm. I think I should do that anyway. I want my bear.

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"