Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-16-2010, 08:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
Especially given Varian's well-established prejudices. He better not kill Thassarian...or I'm coming after him with my orc warlock and killing HIM, and sucking out his soul into a little gem in my soon-to-be-useless soul bag.

Hmm. I think I should do that anyway. I want my bear.
i don't think varian would do such a thing. he has SOME kind of honor - after all, a blood elf was his companion for a long time.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Sentinel Queen

The Alliance didn't quite trust Thassarian to begin with, and it's possible they're suspicious that he sympathizes with the Forsaken. Discovering that he struck a secret deal with the Forsaken commander would probably be the last straw.

@ Cantus As for the Alliance quests, part of the chain has you bow before Uther's tomb & is apparently bugged so it can't be done this build.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 AM

Arch-Druid

ok so, this is how the story folds out, in my oppinion.

the pact between DKs is up, sylvanas sends horde player to own alliance. alliance thinks koltira broke the pact, which thassarian is sure isn't true. he stands up for koltira and doesnt want to engage forsaken, thinking it to be a trap. thassarian is labeled a traitor. he gets attacked, lurid buys him some time, he runs away, and the alliance commander orders a full-out offensive on andorhal.
believeable?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post

the pact between DKs is up, sylvanas sends horde player to own alliance. alliance thinks koltira broke the pact, which thassarian is sure isn't true. he stands up for koltira and doesnt want to engage forsaken, thinking it to be a trap. thassarian is labeled a traitor. he gets attacked, lurid buys him some time, he runs away, and the alliance commander orders a full-out offensive on andorhal.
believeable?
That's how I assume it went down.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I think Thassarian believes Koltira broke the pact first. I mean, Sylvanas sends you to kill the alliance farmers before Thassarian supossedly broke the pact. Perhaps Thassarian, who doesn't know who is responsible for ordering the attacks on felstone field, interprets this as Koltira breaking the pact and retaliates.
That does not explain how Lurid was killed and why Thassarian is missing. He is not the type to flee a fight unless ordered to do it. At least based on how I have seen him portrayed. Having him flee Andorhal at the critical moment in which the Forsaken are turning the tide is not exactly good strategy when you are probably the best fighter around.

In the end we will have to see how the even finishes on the Alliance side before we know for sure. For all we know Sylvanas kidnaps him too.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post

believeable?
Well, the farmers and militia attacked quite fast after, so I'm pretty sure they had it planned out, Sylvanas capturing that farm might've been the only reason the Forsaken are still standing. It says in the questline that the laborours aren't just farmers, they're soldiers. If they would've joined the Alliance army, it might've resulted in the alliance being victorious.

Also, notice how Sylvanas only ressurects the farmers and not the Scarlet Crusaders that were in the camp, perhaps it depends on who the person was before to what reaction they'll have to being ressurected. This would mean they're not mere slaves but freewilled. The Scarlet Crusaders are much more hateful towards the undead, so they'll be a lot less loyal and more aggressive towards the forsaken, even if they're one themselves.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
Well, the farmers and militia attacked quite fast after, so I'm pretty sure they had it planned out, Sylvanas capturing that farm might've been the only reason the Forsaken are still standing. It says in the questline that the laborours aren't just farmers, they're soldiers. If they would've joined the Alliance army, it might've resulted in the alliance being victorious.
If those farmers were soldiers then why is Sylvannas asking the Horde PC to train them in the art of combat after they were rezed as Forsaken? It seems strange.

Quote:
Also, notice how Sylvanas only ressurects the farmers and not the Scarlet Crusaders that were in the camp, perhaps it depends on who the person was before to what reaction they'll have to being ressurected. This would mean they're not mere slaves but freewilled. The Scarlet Crusaders are much more hateful towards the undead, so they'll be a lot less loyal and more aggressive towards the forsaken, even if they're one themselves.
Also in the quest text in the quest Combat Training, it says that Valkyr have the power to charm anyone they Rez so that's why they are loyal to Sylvannas. And Sylvannas calls them her "enthralled Valkyr" so she must have some sort of control over them. How I do not know. Maybe banshees are possessing Valkyr.

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 07-16-2010 at 09:53 AM..
Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
If those farmers were soldiers then why is Sylvannas asking the Horde PC to train them in the art of combat after they were rezed as Forsaken? It seems strange.
Because they're militia - basically people who're told "here, take a sword, now go kill something".

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Because they're militia - basically people who're told "here, take a sword, now go kill something".
Well that's not really a soldier then. Sylvannas was just bullshitting the Horde PC.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
That does not explain how Lurid was killed and why Thassarian is missing. He is not the type to flee a fight unless ordered to do it. At least based on how I have seen him portrayed. Having him flee Andorhal at the critical moment in which the Forsaken are turning the tide is not exactly good strategy when you are probably the best fighter around.

In the end we will have to see how the even finishes on the Alliance side before we know for sure. For all we know Sylvanas kidnaps him too.
Once the Alliance quests are fixed we will see that half the story unfold.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufy View Post
Not that bad? Thrall's pretty much the only thing holding the world together for a while.
You're misreading the context that I wrote that in. Thrall and the Earthen Ring are holding the world together atm, regardless of what the various races are doing (killing each other, mostly) It hasn't gotten bad enough to the point where the survival of the world also depends on the races uniting, like it was in Stormrage. Hence, why I said things were bad, but not quite at that level yet.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.

Last edited by BaskinRidge; 07-16-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 04:52 PM

Eternal

So Bolvars Scourge has no activity in the Plaguelands and the Val'kyr there were with the Forsaken all the time? Cause I remember people saying we were helping Bolvars Scourge kill other renegade undead there and Cult of the Damned.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
So Bolvars Scourge has no activity in the Plaguelands and the Val'kyr there were with the Forsaken all the time? Cause I remember people saying we were helping Bolvars Scourge kill other renegade undead there and Cult of the Damned.
???

Bolvar's Scourge?

If Bolvar had that much control over the Scourge, he'd have them all crawl back in the dirt and take a nice long nap. Bolvar can't do much more than keep them from spreading.

(now read that as if I was talking about myself in the third person like Ricky Henderson... it's a better post that way)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
???

Bolvar's Scourge?

If Bolvar had that much control over the Scourge, he'd have them all crawl back in the dirt and take a nice long nap. Bolvar can't do much more than keep them from spreading.

(now read that as if I was talking about myself in the third person like Ricky Henderson... it's a better post that way)
I read it as you not technically being Bolvar anymore cause you merged with Ner'zhul, lol.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Well that's not really a soldier then. Sylvannas was just bullshitting the Horde PC.
Not really, the militia is a worthy distraction for the bulk of the alliance army to attack. She had a point that leaving those guys to just farm away could bite them in the ass. They weren't mere farmers but they were militia, used in battle by the alliance.

If they can easily ressurect anyone, why didn't Sylvanas ressurect the Scarlet Crusades she just killed? they were right next to her, at the place where she gives you the val'kyr to help you. It must be a better idea to ressurect battle-ready soldiers with weapons and armor vs farmers who are(like any militia) barely able to use weapons
Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Especially given Varian's well-established prejudices. He better not kill Thassarian...or I'm coming after him with my orc warlock and killing HIM, and sucking out his soul into a little gem in my soon-to-be-useless soul bag.

Hmm. I think I should do that anyway. I want my bear.
Varian has never been established as being prejudiced against the undead. In fact, it was he who allowed the Knights of the Ebonn Blade and Thassarian in particular to rejoin the alliance. A LOT of other alliance leaders, past and present, would not have even considered extending such an offer to an undead. Hell, a lot of SoL forum posters wouldn;t have considered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
IIRC, that was supposed to be in the Eastern Plaguelands. Entirely different zone.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:40 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Varian has never been established as prejudice against the undead. In fact, it was he whole allowed the Knights of the Ebonn Blade and Thassarian in particular to rejoin the alliance. A LOT of other alliance leaders, past and present, and hell even posters on these forums would not have even considered extending such an offer to an undead.
That's because the Ebon Blade had the support of Tiron Fordring. I doubt either he or Thrall would have let them join otherwise.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:59 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
???

Bolvar's Scourge?

That image was fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
IIRC, that was supposed to be in the Eastern Plaguelands. Entirely different zone.
I did the first half (since that's all there was) of the unfinished EPL last night and it's entirely Argent Dawn/Crusade. Chromie was at the first tower now and the entire Darrowshire questline happened in the southern half of the zone. There were a few other new quests that dealt with killing stuff and one of Nathanos' old quests being extended to have me thwarting the Cult of the Damned.

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-16-2010 at 08:02 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 08:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
That's because the Ebon Blade had the support of Tiron Fordring. I doubt either he or Thrall would have let them join otherwise.
Varian respects his friends/allies, and definately considers their opinions on things, but that doesn't mean he'll follow them, if, he ultimately doesn't agree with it. So, if he really was as highly prejudiced against undead as claimed, he'd likely have told Tirion, "No thanks, too risky, F them"
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:02 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post
I read it as you not technically being Bolvar anymore cause you merged with Ner'zhul, lol.
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:06 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Quote:
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
Aww! Come on! Either way, you know Bolvar is going to mess some stuff up when Tirion pulls the "hey guys, there's a LK" card, lol.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 07-17-2010, 02:59 AM

Sentinel Queen

Hm the High Elves landed in Tirisfal but left after the got mad due to a presence there. Assuming that presence slept until now could it further Sylvannas' rush into madness when awakening?

Also I allways thought of the Undercity as ugly. Perhaps a newly built up Andorhal with the new Architecture might be able to be the new Capital in two expansions there after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 AM

Arch-Druid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF0-if5nL84

Alliance Version. Only part 1 of the video up and the quests are basicly the same as on horde side.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:14 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Not really, the militia is a worthy distraction for the bulk of the alliance army to attack. She had a point that leaving those guys to just farm away could bite them in the ass. They weren't mere farmers but they were militia, used in battle by the alliance.
um well I disagree. Those guys were farmers, not warriors. But I doubt Sylvannas gives a shit. IMO she killed them because they were easy prey and needed fresh troops fast not because they were any danger to her. But whatever. War is war I guess.

Quote:
If they can easily ressurect anyone, why didn't Sylvanas ressurect the Scarlet Crusades she just killed? they were right next to her, at the place where she gives you the val'kyr to help you. It must be a better idea to ressurect battle-ready soldiers with weapons and armor vs farmers who are(like any militia) barely able to use weapons
As for why she didn't rez those Scarlet Crusaders who iirc Vivian Voss killed, I think it's because they were on fire and cremated. If you look at them they are on fire on what looks to be purple flames and the corpses are like ashes. Usually you can't reanimate corpses set on fire.

If she could reanimate them she would. Because Valk'yr can mindcontrol anyone it reanimates. Why would Alliance farmers join the Horde who just killed them? Thus if Sylvannas could have made use of those Scarlet Crusade corpses she would.

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 07-17-2010 at 03:27 AM..
Old 07-17-2010, 06:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

So all new Forsaken are just as much mindless thralls as ghouls were.