Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
Technically that is not quest text, that is "fluff" text on a statue and is not tied to any large event. The text that says five years, however, will be part of a large event regarding one of the games most iconic dungeons, and will be straight up told to you every time you do the quest line. It is much harder for a mistake like that to get past the rest of the quest design team.

We will have to wait and see if they decide to make it 3 or 5 years, but other factors, like the noticeable age increase of Anduin and other characters I will refrain from talking much about, point more to slightly more substantial change in time then a mere three years.
Well it is a Alpha.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Did YOU even read what I wrote? I said nothing about the Barrens in my entire post. I was simply mentioning that Borean Tundra was nothing like Omaha Beach, because the Scourge was not there defending the beaches at the time of the landing. Why? Who knows, but they only attacked after the two forces were fortified.
Which I'm saying is a strategic stupidity if you wanted to take the forces down. What I was saying is "Horde and Alliance should have suffered Omaha in Northrend, but they haven't. Why? Now apply whatever your reason is to Barrens area."

Quote:
If I had to speak about the Barrens, I would say the fortress in southern barrens was most likely developed long before the Alliance moved into the area. There is a rather large gap of time between WOTLK and the events that start in Cataclysm, and while the Horde have a functional base, the Alliance only has some tents and other makeshift structures.
Alliance is already there at the time of vanilla, at Bael Modan. That's why I'm saying that the fortress was likely built to better support tauren assaults against the Alliance camp, then the Horde would be pushed back and Alliance would build a second camp for their advancing armies.

Last edited by tufy; 06-29-2010 at 10:48 PM..