Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechivalry View Post
I just meant, I like seeing our characters in action. It is nice to see a druid doing what a druid does, a lock doing what a lock does, etc. I'm not saying the video should spend the whole time on it, but I like seeing a scene and thinking "yea, I do that!"

I agree that the majority of it should be spent on the theme of the expansion, but working in a couple scenes of high quality CGI battles is easy and entertaining.

Heck, Wrath certainly could have shown a troup of heroes attacking Arthas, being slain, and then raised.
If that's what you want, just rewatch the WoW Classic cinematic.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Owl Scout

Yea, I mentioned that I really like the original and that TBC was my favorite because you get to see both the characters and the villain, though I do think you should see the villain really DO something which is what I do really like about the cata trailer.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
CGI battles is easy and entertaining.
Are you being serious?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

I swear, kids these days...

One of the best villains this story has ever had who happens to be a gigantic dragon who is so evil, he had to have plates bored into his flesh to keep him from melting bursts through the maelstrom and shatters the entire world in a cataclysm of fire. Everything has been changed, he becomes a more active menacing villain by killing you numerous times before we even realize what happened, he destroys all the pleasant and unpleasant memories we had of this world, millions die, the elements war in our backyards, dogs and cats ar eliving together... and it's not cool enough.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, well, some people are just retarded.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post

One of the best villains this story has ever had who happens to be a gigantic dragon who is so evil, he had to have plates bored into his flesh to keep him from melting bursts through the maelstrom and shatters the entire world in a cataclysm of fire. Everything has been changed, he becomes a more active menacing villain by killing you numerous times before we even realize what happened, he destroys all the pleasant and unpleasant memories we had of this world, millions die, the elements war in our backyards, dogs and cats ar eliving together... and it's not cool enough.
That^^
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post

The WoW community is, generally speaking, a bunch of bitchy little girls.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
MMO communities are, generally speaking, a bunch of bitchy little girls.
Fixed. Because it's not just a WoW issue.
�the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
Fixed. Because it's not just a WoW issue.
I don't play any other MMO, so I'll take your word for it.

Although, I am not even playing WoW right now because they broke something on their end with this latch patch and a lot of people are paying for a game they can't play. Also, Blizzard is trying to make it out like its on us and not owning up to what ever they fucked up. I've done literally everything I can think of to do short of a complete reinstall, and I haven't done that because of all the people saying "I did everything I could, then I did a reinstall and nothing has worked."
Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
I just meant, I like seeing our characters in action. It is nice to see a druid doing what a druid does, a lock doing what a lock does, etc. I'm not saying the video should spend the whole time on it, but I like seeing a scene and thinking "yea, I do that!"

I agree that the majority of it should be spent on the theme of the expansion, but working in a couple scenes of high quality CGI battles is easy and entertaining.

Heck, Wrath certainly could have shown a troup of heroes attacking Arthas, being slain, and then raised.
...and totally killed the flow and feeling of the cinematic by doing so.

I don't see the appeal in seeing scenes of stuff I do everyday ingame but prettier. That's rather boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Owl Scout

First- I apologize for the "is easy" quote. Dunno what I was thinking there as I know the CGI isn't easy to make AND I typically don't make such simple grammatical errors.

Second- I wasn't whining and/or bitching. We were stating our opinions of the trailer. I gave mine. Some people questioned it or commented on it. I replied. I take what I get and I'm not asking for anyone to change or cater to me- I was just joining in the discussion and giving my opinion. I'm not even upset about the whining/bitching comment- I'm explaining my thoughts.

Third- I am in no way still a kid. I am very willing to bet I am one of the oldest people playing wow and participating in discussions about it.