Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-16-2011, 05:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Varian totally needs more scars on his face... specifically, his chin. I'm just saiyan.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 10-16-2011, 10:34 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
We have confirmation from Wolfheart from straight the horse's mouth.

While running through Ashenvale, Varian notes he's running much faster than he possibly could, ever. Even if that speed only affects his legs, that translates into some amount of combat advantage.
i COULD counter with "well maybe goldrinn only boosted his speed before the fight because he wanted to let varian fight by himself" but as you say

Quote:
a character's strength is in direct corrolation with how strong the plot requires him to be.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:55 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Stop this! You people stop this right now!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbosa View Post
i COULD counter with "well maybe goldrinn only boosted his speed before the fight because he wanted to let varian fight by himself"
Except there was nothing to indicate that Goldrinn's blessing had worn off during the battle. Actually, the story seems to indicate the opposite.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Stop this! You people stop this right now!
OH NO THE HOEROR.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Hypersensitive

Fight my children, FIGHT!!!1!!1!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Except there was nothing to indicate that Goldrinn's blessing had worn off during the battle. Actually, the story seems to indicate the opposite.
it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that goldrinn removed the speed part and left varian with just stamina. YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG~
Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM

Elune

Footman

Ok I think this is stupid now.

Well does anyone else think that we will see more from the other characters in the story like Marcus?
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Doubtful. I think we just saw them in this story because it took place in Stormwind City, not because they'll be used in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Or to put it another way: they may be used in the future, but it won't be because of this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
[IMG]
Also, l2meme.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that goldrinn removed the speed part and left varian with just stamina. YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG~
Sure, it's possible.

Is it likely? "Heehee, I'm going to bless him then remove 25% of the blessing and let him keep the other 75% heeehee I'm Goldrinn heehee."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Fight my children, FIGHT!!!1!!1!
Yes, My Rordu!

Arru Heirru Burritannia!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:43 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Yes, My Rordu!

Arru Heirru Burritannia!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

It's totally because Goldrinn gave it to a human that doesn't know how to use it over a potential Worgen leader *cough cough* that actually KNOWS his own damned connection with the wolf beast and can channel his rage much better.

The only thing I wonder is if anyone would call mary sue on a Worgen possessing such blessings over a human.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
It's totally because Goldrinn gave it to a human that doesn't know how to use it over a potential Worgen leader *cough cough* that actually KNOWS his own damned connection with the wolf beast and can channel his rage much better.

The only thing I wonder is if anyone would call mary sue on a Worgen possessing such blessings over a human.
I think a demigod "favoring" any specific mortal and granting them superhero powers is a tad Sue-ish. Thrall is literally best friends with the Aspects. I'm not happy about that, either. I wish all these stupid demigods, immortals, and dragons, would just drop dead and leave the fate of the world in the hands of mortals, as Medivh said it has always been.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Well, I personally don't think Goldrinn is THAT powerful. He's probably the closest to the most grounded Ancient of the bunch and given that he's the black sheep I would say he takes that up in stride. He also has a lot of flaws that make him seem less sue-ish, such as giving in to his own rage. Not to mention that Hyjal showed how easy he was to subdue.

I've always viewed him as an Ancient that's more about using cunning, strategy, wit, and a warrior's honor to overcome an enemy over using sheer power. It's only too bad that he's been written more as a raging berserker who just kills things 24/7. (Of course I'm mostly just getting the whole cunning and wit thing from the descriptions given from his admirers, these traits do mark a good warrior in battle.)
Old 10-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Sure, it's possible.

Is it likely? "Heehee, I'm going to bless him then remove 25% of the blessing and let him keep the other 75% heeehee I'm Goldrinn heehee."
well, if goldrinn wanted him to continuously prove himself, helping him too much would hinder that. like "ok, i helped with the non-warrior part in getting you here, now go kick ass."

in any case, i reject your speculation and substitute my own.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
well, if goldrinn wanted him to continuously prove himself, helping him too much would hinder that. like "ok, i helped with the non-warrior part in getting you here, now go kick ass."

in any case, i reject your speculation and substitute my own.
Pretty sure Varian already "proved himself" to Goldrinn. Kind of the reason he was blessed in the first place.

I'm not speculating, though. You are.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

The story was okay. I liked most of it, outside of the references to in-game abilities, which was groan inducing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Pretty sure Varian already "proved himself" to Goldrinn. Kind of the reason he was blessed in the first place.

Maybe he'll want Varian to *keep* proving himself. I wonder if being too non-ragey/non-aggressive would lose him favour?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancai View Post
Maybe he'll want Varian to *keep* proving himself. I wonder if being too non-ragey/non-aggressive would lose him favour?
Meh, I doubt it. You can't find a reference to Goldrinn without a mention of his awe-inspiring fury! Rawr!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Meh, I doubt it. You can't find a reference to Goldrinn without a mention of his awe-inspiring fury! Rawr!
That, or the fact that he is voiced Tigetron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 AM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
The story was okay. I liked most of it, outside of the references to in-game abilities, which was groan inducing.
That's almost my opinion too. If they could have polished the fight scene a little more and leave out the references to in-game abilities I'd rank it higher than I do now. Right now it's a tie between Varian and Baine in the "what racial leader has the worst short story"-contest.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
did i forget the "continuously"?

...nope, it's in there

Quote:
your speculation is more likely, but it's technically still speculation. you yourself said it's possible and that's all i need.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 AM

Elune

Yes, it's possible in the sense that Varian shits out gnoll heads every time he goes to take a dump.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Not that I expect you to actually listen to any of this, what with being a fanboy.
Fojar, how about we play nice...as in I'm nicely asking you to stop with the ad hominem crap for a final time. You and I both know it's polite flaming, so you and I both know it's still not allowed.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.