Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Elune

Default Cataclysm Cinematic Intro

Figured it should have its own thread, heh. While the ad hasn't aired yet (or a small one has, at least? I dunno), someone found the whole one. Enjoy!

Link.

I love the shots of Auberdine getting annihilated, of Thousand Needles flooding, and especially Deathwing in Stormwind at the end. Just awesome.

Last edited by Arakiba; 10-17-2010 at 01:44 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 01:53 PM

Eternal

It looks like the trailer was made before they decided that Deathwing came out from the Maelstrom. Because it looks like he emerges from some mountains (The old Deathwing Scar idea, north of Stormwind)

But it is still the most epic Blizzard trailer I have ever seen.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:54 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Being nailed back together with battering rams... ouch.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

WAAAHHHH! LONGER!!!! Nah, that was pretty fuckin righteous. I found it interesting that they made Deathwing's pain a theme in the video. All his scheming and conquering is just a smokescreen to cover his emo pain.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:58 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Fire

Ninja avatar change!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:59 PM

Hippogryph Rider

The epicness... it hurts!

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Well, he makes a damn better villain than Arthas or Illidan.

I came. Hard.

Ranger

Its fitting to show the world get destroyed, since thats kinda the major thing going on in the xpac. Quality is also excellent, as is to be expected.

However... Another dragon cinematic, really? The Terenas speech of WoTLK gave me goosebumps, this was just kinda... Lacking in feel.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Holy crap, I did not expect it to be the real one, but wow... that's more than I expected, I really love how they went out of their way to show those places that were hit hard because of the Cataclysm.
Though I don't really get how he flies from Auberdine to Loch Modan to Stormwind, aspecially how he seems to erupt from the ground near Auberdine.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Well, he makes a damn better villain than Arthas or Illidan.

I came. Hard.
No orgasm, but this expansion is going to be head and shoulders better story and content-wise compared to the last two, without question.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:03 PM

Arch-Druid

meh. emo dragon. not a bad cinematic overall though, loved booty bay, auberdine, loch modan & stormwind. horde, u jelly that he didn't land in orgrimmar?
Old 10-17-2010, 02:05 PM

Elune

Oh gawd, noes! Not another Metzen-voiced character! Especially if it's the main antagonist of the expansion, especially if it's Deathwing! Blizzard, please, spend some of those dollar bills that you wipe your asses with to hire some OTHER voice actor!

Other than that, the cinematic is epic. I was pleasantly surprised they chose to follow WotLK's "story telling" line rather than the bunch of random images put together for vanilla and TBC.

Last edited by Gortrash; 10-17-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 02:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
It looks like the trailer was made before they decided that Deathwing came out from the Maelstrom. Because it looks like he emerges from some mountains (The old Deathwing Scar idea, north of Stormwind)

But it is still the most epic Blizzard trailer I have ever seen.
I don't think that was him emerging from those areas but rather just coming to them. For example the mountains part would be him making the huge ass scar in the Eastern Kingdoms.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:15 PM

Eternal

This is epic!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 10-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Arch-Druid

I wasn't able to tell if those were Goblins putting his plating on, I was always under the impression that Goblin engineers under his control were responsible for his armoring.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Slowpokeking

I just think Deathwing looks a little bit too thin, and the elemental lords should have some scenes, other parts are pretty good.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:18 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
I wasn't able to tell if those were Goblins putting his plating on, I was always under the impression that Goblin engineers under his control were responsible for his armoring.
I think those were the Twilight Cultists at the area called "Deathwing's Fall" in Deepholm. That's supposedly the area where Deathwing got himself patched up again.

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Fuck yes, that's how I envisioned it myself (hyperbole, yes, but still it fits so perfectly into the narrative I don't see many other ways to do it). Why does Blizz's cinematic team have to be so damn baller?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

Hippogryph Rider

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Love the shockwave he puts out at 1:47 when approaching Auberdine, maybe he was breaking the sound barrier.

The net is vast and infinite
Old 10-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
I think those were the Twilight Cultists at the area called "Deathwing's Fall" in Deepholm. That's supposedly the area where Deathwing got himself patched up again.
Good call, I bet your 100% correct on that actually. Gonna be fun to visit that place.

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstraka View Post
They were silhouetted, but their proportions seemed roughly human, so I'm just thinking random twilight cultists. Besides, the engineers probably wouldn't personally attach the armor. They just design it. Leave the grunt work to those more suited for it. That would be my rationale if I were a goblin.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Site Staff - Admin

See, this is why literally MILLIONS of people would watch a full length cinematic Warcraft movie. Make it happen, Blizzard!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
It's in the Stonecore. You see that area in the cinematic there with his old armor strewn about.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Love the fact that his mere flyover causes the dam in Loch Modan to crumble. And are we really losing the Booty Bay statue?
Old 10-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Arch-Druid

What kind of in-game flight speed to you think Deathwing is rocking? 910%?