Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM

Glaive Thrower

Default Lich Kings armor

Did anyone ever noticed how Lich Kings armor looks as it was made for a human.I was looking at the Northrend loading pitcure and it came to me "He is wearing a human armor!".Look at the helmet has an nose supporting thingy that perfectly fits a human nose.And it is simetrical with the opening for the eyes and the mouth.It looks like a normal human made helmet.
And look at the scales o the rest of the armor.They perfectly fit a human.So do leg plates and a chest plate.
I am shure that the Legion wasn't making that armor for Arthas.
And then there is Frostmourne.A sword is a tipical human werpon mostly used by humans or elves, and other races use their tipes of werpon like axes(orc- Ner'zhul the original Lich King),spears(trolls),hammers(dwarfs),etc.

So what do you think , was it a mistake made by Blizzard.Or did the Legion knew about Arthas(I think not).
The White Punch Card that drops in Gnomeregan for the Alliance quest Data Rescue has many lines of binary code printed on it. When decoded, it reads "Thrall and Jaina sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G",

Last edited by Archmage; 05-17-2010 at 08:11 AM..
Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

magic armor is magical?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:32 AM

Glaive Thrower

What do you mean?
The White Punch Card that drops in Gnomeregan for the Alliance quest Data Rescue has many lines of binary code printed on it. When decoded, it reads "Thrall and Jaina sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G",
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Faerie Dragon

It could change its form to fit its host, is what the comment meant I think. As for the sword, I was just playing through Warcraft 3 again and it clearly states that Frostmourne was crafted by Lich King. Was this retconned later? Because I know I have seen discussions here about the possibility that the Dreadlords or someone else crafted the blade.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM

Glaive Thrower

Still that dosen't explain the armor.It didn't change from WC 3x im shure.

Last edited by Archmage; 05-17-2010 at 09:23 AM..
Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunm View Post
It could change its form to fit its host, is what the comment meant I think. As for the sword, I was just playing through Warcraft 3 again and it clearly states that Frostmourne was crafted by Lich King. Was this retconned later? Because I know I have seen discussions here about the possibility that the Dreadlords or someone else crafted the blade.
errrr... it's confirmed frostmourne was crafted by burning legion, i think ><;

Quote:
Frostmourne

Tichondrius claimed that the Lich King forged the sword in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos,[9] however, Manual of Monsters told that demons had created Frostmourne.[10] Arthas: Rise of the Lich King revealed that those demons were the Nathrezim,[11] thus invalidating Tichondrius first statement because, if his race created the sword, it would be odd that their leader knew a different origin.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Slowpokeking

I always wondered where did Arthas get the deathknight armor after pick up Frostmourne and what happened to the rest pieces of the Lich King's armor after he shattered the thorne.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:52 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
What do you mean?
mostly what was said, but secondarily that nit-picking these kinds of details years after they came out will get you no where. Sometimes you just have to suspend belief and accept things as they are.

Yeah his armor fits. Looks like it was built for a human and uses a sword. If his armor was clunky and hanging off of him more people would complain that his model looks terible.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I always wondered where did Arthas get the deathknight armor after pick up Frostmourne and what happened to the rest pieces of the Lich King's armor after he shattered the thorne.
There are a lot of events between when Arthas killed Mal'Ganis and when Arthas killed his father. Such as Arthas running off and going completely insane (because of Frostmourne), Arthas slaughtering the First Legion in Icecrown, Arthas making Falric, Marwyn, and Thassarian death knights, and Arthas getting back to the Capital City. It was likely in there, but nothing (not even A:RotLK or the Death knight manga) really touch on this.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:17 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
errrr... it's confirmed frostmourne was crafted by burning legion, i think ><;
Thanks, I have not read the book and figured that may be where it was officially retconned. It just took me by surprise when I heard the quote in-game from Tichondrius, as I knew that I had read here many theories about the Burning Legion crafting it.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:47 PM

Wisp

Quote:
Tichondrius claimed that the Lich King forged the sword in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos,[9] however, Manual of Monsters told that demons had created Frostmourne.[10] Arthas: Rise of the Lich King revealed that those demons were the Nathrezim,[11] thus invalidating Tichondrius first statement because, if his race created the sword, it would be odd that their leader knew a different origin.
This quote always boggles my mind. I can't understand why it invailidates Tichondrius statement because " it would be odd that their leader knew a different origin"
Isn't Tichondrius the leader of the nathrezim? The last part of the sentence is kind of not getting the point.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
This quote always boggles my mind. I can't understand why it invalidates Tichondrius statement because " it would be odd that their leader knew a different origin"
Isn't Tichondrius the leader of the nathrezim? The last part of the sentence is kind of not getting the point.
While I agree that the quoted text could use some work, it isn't really wrong. Wrath canonized the sword's origins described in the Manual of Monster, which led to Tichondrius's statement no longer being a valid, canon answer.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
While I agree that the quoted text could use some work, it isn't really wrong. Wrath canonized the sword's origins described in the Manual of Monster, which led to Tichondrius's statement no longer being a valid, canon answer.
Yeap. Since the novel didn't skip Tichondrius' quote from WC3, it changed that quote, "The runeblade you carry was forged by my kind, long ago. The Lich King has empowered it to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed."