Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 02-02-2014, 09:45 AM

The Sun King

Cast Arcane Intelligence and start creative thinking. What's around us to take use of? Any wild animals to hunt or plants to gather? Perhaps sticks and stones to make a creative invention and gain recognition?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:05 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Cast Arcane Intelligence and start creative thinking. What's around us to take use of? Any wild animals to hunt or plants to gather? Perhaps sticks and stones to make a creative invention and gain recognition?
With a brief gesture you activate a small spell most casters use to help themselves focus, the brief silvery glow of an eye taking shape over you before dissipating.

Alright, one set of tracks belong to some sort of Forest Keeper such as Cenarius, another just looks like a set of pawprints so you suppose that could be a mundane animal to hunt, the other set are elf prints and so that could be someone lost or it could just be someone else foraging.

You're not sure what invention you could make with the supplies at hand, there are trees around and a few rocks of varying sizes, but you lack the magical expertise and dexterity to do anything with them that everyone else isn't already doing, making simple weapons and tools back at the refugee camps.

The thought that you don't have much in the way of a weapon yourself occurs to you, and so you take a moment to pick up a thick fallen tree branch, probably shaken loose when the Well exploded and shook the entire planet to its core. It's not pretty or enchanted yet but you've got a big walking stick to fall back on in case your magic fails you.

You continue to mull over the idea of an invention, a tangible demonstration of your abilities would be a good place to start once you get the materials, you file away that thought for later.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Eternal

Decide to create own faction. One with a cool name.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Name faction "The Golden Spring."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
Decide to create own faction. One with a cool name.
You give heavy consideration to making your own order, at least for now. The existing orders are all well and good, but the Highborne and Priestesses were around when everything fell to ruin in the first place, and you're not sure if you trust the druids just yet, despite Malfurion's good intentions.

But what to call it? Order of the Moonspear? Tad arrogant to name it after yourself when you haven't done anything yet. Plus you can't refound the Moonguard since you were never really a member.

You decide to hold off on picking a name once you've hammered out some more of the basics, like what the goals, needs, and values of the order will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Name faction "The Golden Spring."

You contemplate this name before dismissing it, you never looked good in gold after all.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 11:02 AM

The Sun King

Try to get in contact with Dath'Remar's crowd and become one of his toadies.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:09 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Try to get in contact with Dath'Remar's crowd and become one of his toadies.
Then again making your own group would take a lot of work, and you don't necessarily disagree with most of the remaining Highborne, even if Xavius and his followers were all bastards Dath'remar and his crew seems decent enough.

Joining up with them and working to influence things might not be a bad idea.

Of course you can't just show up empty handed and declare "I'm Joining the Highborne" you've got to have something to offer beyond mediocre magical talent.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 11:13 AM

The Sun King

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Which is why we should start from the ground up. Try to find out where his group is located, what is it doing, how is it built and what relations at has with other refugees. Being snooty nobles the Highborne probably still need some lowly grunts to order around for their living, or perhaps we could see how well they are connected to other refugees and try to put a negotiator act, connecting both the magic-lovers and magic-free folk. Start investigating, dammit.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:13 AM

Eternal

Decide to form a meritocracy, with you as supreme leader.

Or if you join the Highborne, aim to be the supreme leader.

Last edited by Shroombie; 02-02-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Define "merit" in this situation.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Define "merit" in this situation.
Merit: 'How much you like them.'
Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Which is why we should start from the ground up. Try to find out where his group is located, what is it doing, how is it built and what relations at has with other refugees. Being snooty nobles the Highborne probably still need some lowly grunts to order around for their living, or perhaps we could see how well they are connected to other refugees and try to put a negotiator act, connecting both the magic-lovers and magic-free folk. Start investigating, dammit.
You decide to stop mucking around in the woods and head back to the refugee camp to get directions to wherever the Highborne are headquartered, no sense showing up with ten bear asses if what they need are elemental cores or something like that. Ignoring the tracks, you head back out of the forest on the path.

Azshara's gone so the Highborne have lost a lot of influence, and that's before taking into account their own losses and public opinion, they'll need to start working with the every-elf if they want to compete with Malfurion and the Priestesses, and that's your opening.

Quote:

Or if you join the Highborne, aim to be the supreme leader.
Using the Highborne as a stepping stone to changing society and making your own order to be in charge of sounds like a decent plan overall, of course there are details to work out but first things first.

As you leave the forest you contemplate whether you should dismiss Hydrian, he might not go over well with the magic-wary populace, or he might make it easier to catch the Highborne's attention.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 11:31 AM

Eternal

Keep Hydrian. Flaunt your magic.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:39 AM

The Sun King

Flaunting your magic will get you killed by Furion's laws. Try to share your gift with the refugees and make a secret society of magic-users.

EDIT: Alternative: try to make a petitioners movement and head a delegation to Furion asking for people's currency to be traded for the goods needed for survival. If he's heading a revolution he should damn well know that he takes a great responsibility for the population's resources and all that. We need a GUARANTEE that our money will be useable, and get appropriate compensation if it isn't!

Last edited by Kir the Wizard; 02-02-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 11:44 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Only you can prevent forest fires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Flaunting your magic will get you killed by Furion's laws. Try to share your gift with the refugees and make a secret society of magic-users.

EDIT: Alternative: try to make a petitioners movement and head a delegation to Furion asking for people's currency to be traded for the goods needed for survival. If he's heading a revolution he should damn well know that he takes a great responsibility for the population's resources and all that. We need a GUARANTEE that our money will be useable, and get appropriate compensation if it isn't!
It's only been a few days since the explosion of the well, you can't think of any laws that would have you killed for using magic yet, even if it is tremendously unpopular. You do worry things could go that way pretty soon though.

On the other hand the Druids and priestesses are already distributing what goods they can find or produce, talking about money to Malfurion might not be a bad idea, but there isn't much in the way of goods to trade just yet.

Plus, you know practically nothing about economics.

You do decide to dismiss Hydrian to be on the safe side, but frankly the last thing anyone needs right now is an angry mob griping about money, I mean really who wants to be that guy, that guy who starts something like that. Nothing good ever happens to that guy.

You approach the refugee camp.

There's a few rows of tents, with a few larger ones in the middle, plus a mixture of blankets and rugs laid out along with makeshift shelters made from tree branches and the like.

Plus a shaped-tree building a little off to the middle-right row beside a clean white tent. You take that to be where the Druids and Priestesses have set up.

A more colorful blue and orange tent towards the edge of the camp, you guess that must be where the Highborne are, or at least someone with some dyes.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Only you can prevent forest fires.
Many citizens were killed in demonic fires as their homes burned, you decide that regardless of what happens you will make a loveable water elemental mascot for a fire-fighting group at some point, it's the least you can do.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 02-02-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 02-02-2014, 12:33 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
Plus, you know practically nothing about economics.
Holy fuck, do we suck.

*sigh*

Take the guys who tried to give us money with us and go to the druid tent. No mob-act, but kindly ask the druids to give our new friends' some food/clothing compensation for their currency.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Holy fuck, do we suck.

*sigh*

Take the guys who tried to give us money with us and go to the druid tent. No mob-act, but kindly ask the druids to give our new friends' some food/clothing compensation for their currency.
You mentally lament your lack of economic understanding and berate yourself for it.

You decide to double back and see if you can get your companions from earlier anything for their money.

Thankfully they're still at the fire you'd left earlier and they agree, though your pace is slowed a tad by the older gentleman, who upon introductions you learn is named Berilos, you make it to the line for the druid tent. It takes a little while, but you make it to the front of the line.

You speak to the druid in the dull brown robe on behalf of Berilos and his family. "Ishnu-alah friend, do you have anything to trade? My friends here have some silver but they're in dire need of some food and other supplies."

"Ah, we've got just the thing, we've been making these for all the refugees." he lifts up a large bundle of cloth. "Food, water, flint and tinder all wrapped up in a tarp they can use as a tent or blanket, more food and water's distributed daily by the Priestesses, tell them to hang onto their silver, once we've got some buildings set up we're going to try and figure out an exchange system, but we're not sure how long it'll take, we're still finding bands of stragglers who fled from the demons ahead of the main exodus or who got separated out in the wilds."

"Thank you druid." Berilos bows his head a tad as he picks up the bundle carefully and turns to you. "And thank you as well my friend."

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 01:03 PM

The Sun King

A pleasure to help. With must keep united in these harsh times. Ask the group to tell everyone that if they need any help, they should ask for us.

Ask the druid about their current relations with the highborne and how they feel about living together as the refugees.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:22 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
A pleasure to help. With must keep united in these harsh times. Ask the group to tell everyone that if they need any help, they should ask for us.

Ask the druid about their current relations with the highborne and how they feel about living together as the refugees.
"It was my pleasure Berilos, if your family ever needs help please feel free to send for me."

He smiles and gives you a hearty handshake. "I certainly will, though the young lady is just a traveling companion, we met her on the way here... Hmm, where did she go?" he glances around but she seems to have wandered off. Odd.

"Hm, she must've gotten bored waiting in line, or perhaps she was lucky enough to see someone she recognized." you make a mental note to keep an eye out for her before turning back to the druid.

"Pardon me a moment, but I was wondering if you'd seen any of the Highborne around, I imagine things must be a bit rough between you and them right now."

"Well I... Oh one moment." The druid frowns a bit, motioning for you to stand off to the side as someone in the line behind you steps up, he hands them a package but keeps talking. "Personally I don't like or trust them, but so long as they don't cause any trouble we've got bigger things to worry about. Personally I hope Shan'do Stormrage and Priestess Tyrande go ahead with this magic-ban everyone's been talking about. I can't belive the Highborne still think dabbling in arcane-magic is a good idea after it blew up half the world." He seems to shake his head in disbelief.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 01:25 PM

The Sun King

What does he think on the theories of magic withdrawal process which could cause mental problems and potential death for those who lost their connection to the previously overused magic source?
Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
What does he think on the theories of magic withdrawal process which could cause mental problems and potential death for those who lost their connection to the previously overused magic source?
"What about the Highborne that say they 'need' to use magic? Surely there should be some magic allowed, it worked in our old society for thousands of years."

The druid tilts his head a bit. "Well, maybe some could be allowed, but I don't think we should let the Highborne practice without supervision at least, we don't need another Xavius letting demons in."

He grimaces a tad. "Honesty it'd just be best if they stopped using magic, they could learn to be druids or even study as priestesses if they need guidance and support. The risks are just too great."

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Eternal

Tell him that not only is his opinion wrong, he is also a stupid head, and in clear need of a frost bolt to the face.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:55 PM

The Sun King

Ask him to explain the nature and mechanics of Moonfire spells used by the druids, then.

Head = BOOM guaranteed.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:04 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Tell him that not only is his opinion wrong, he is also a stupid head, and in clear need of a frost bolt to the face.
What!? This druid ignores thousands of years of magic-induced prosperity over the actions of a few extremist crazies, why you ought to ----

You suppress the urge to freeze the druid's head solid and bury the impulse deep within your subconscious where it can surely do no harm.

Quote:
Ask him to explain the nature and mechanics of Moonfire spells used by the druids, then.

Head = BOOM guaranteed.
"So, you say magic is wrong, but isn't druidism a form of magic?"

The druid sputters and tries to explain the difference before scowling. "I'm sorry I'm busy helping the refugees, if you want to talk politics come back some other time."

"But of course." You smile and walk away, the look on his face was priceless.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
collaboration, creative