Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 01-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Can't they fire Rian Johnson and never let him touch SW again?
Haha, why would 'they' do that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 01-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,552
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
A lot of people, myself included, enjoy this 'new' Star Wars more than the old one. Star Wars is dead. Long live Star Wars.
Well, good for you. But it's not "Star Wars" anymore. The prequels had some controversial ideas, but they did not shit over the established lore in any way.

The characters are the lore are the same only in name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I wouldn't say that yet but it'll be interesting to see how it will go on without the OT cast to carry it. The merch sales for the new characters aren't the best, most of it ending up on clearance, while the big three and Imperials/FO sell like hot cakes.
The Han Solo movie will be another disaster, that will only push it further downhill. Because let's be fair, we all know he's going to be a cuck, and have nothing to do with his original "toxic masculinity" character. Look at what they did with Luke.

Regarding the merchandise:


It's doing pretty bad. No surprise, why would anyone want a bad copy when you have the originals too? At least the prequels were different from not just the story, but the aesthetic as well, and they were pretty cool, unlike the bland new crap.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
The Han Solo movie
I keep forgetting this is a thing that's actually happening. Even with the ST I have some MILD interest in it, but this? I couldn't care less. The backstory of the movie is hilarious. The lead actor got hired only because Spielberg met him at a bar mitzvah, you can't get more stereotypical than that. And Emilia Clarke? Really? I can already tell by the poster and production photos this will be a mix of his EU origin (which wasn't very good either) and Guardians of the Galaxy jokes. DANCE OFF VADER YOU AND ME!
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
The characters are the lore are the same only in name.
You've been watching too many videos about how the sky is falling. I'm sorry you don't like Star Wars anymore, but if that's the case then you might as well fall back to the EU and pretend none of this ever happened. That's what I did with Warcraft, back in the day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,692
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Well, good for you. But it's not "Star Wars" anymore. The prequels had some controversial ideas, but they did not shit over the established lore in any way.

The characters are the lore are the same only in name.



The Han Solo movie will be another disaster, that will only push it further downhill. Because let's be fair, we all know he's going to be a cuck, and have nothing to do with his original "toxic masculinity" character. Look at what they did with Luke.
Han fell in love with Leia and had a kid. You think he's going to be the same man?

Also mitachlorians. Some SW fans still won't let that go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
The Han Solo movie will be another disaster, that will only push it further downhill. Because let's be fair, we all know he's going to be a cuck, and have nothing to do with his original "toxic masculinity" character.
You have an impossible standard here, dude. Han Solo wasn't "toxic masculinity" in the slightest. He was a squirrely, wiry little rogue who relied on surprise and clever deception. His muscles were all named "Chewbacca".

He's portrayed by Harrison Ford, a brown-haired brown-eyed half-Jew who religiously identifies as Democrat and is friends with the Clintons.

Whatever definition of "cuck" you're using, itll probably apply more to Ford than the new actor. So take a step back and reassess.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 01-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You have an impossible standard here, dude. Han Solo wasn't "toxic masculinity" in the slightest. He was a squirrely, wiry little rogue who relied on surprise and clever deception. His muscles were all named "Chewbacca".

He's portrayed by Harrison Ford, a brown-haired brown-eyed half-Jew who religiously identifies as Democrat and is friends with the Clintons.

Whatever definition of "cuck" you're using, itll probably apply more to Ford than the new actor. So take a step back and reassess.
He's just upset that Star Wars has become "too SJW" for him, despite the originals being about fighting space nazis.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 01-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Ethenil Ethenil is offline

Eternal
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,667

Default

I have high hopes for Solo since Rogue One was so good.

You know what would be great? If Christopher Nolan directed a SW trilogy.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 01-03-2018, 04:52 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
He's just upset that Star Wars has become "too SJW" for him, despite the originals being about fighting space nazis.
I do wish Admiral Whatsherface had worn a uniform instead of evening dress.

To be fair, I also wish Leia had never been "Princess".
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 12,552
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
He's just upset that Star Wars has become "too SJW" for him, despite the originals being about fighting space nazis.
Hurr durr you only hate the movie because you're a racist misogynistic xenophobic communist white male.

Yeah, because that's totally the problem. Still haven't learned the lesson with Ghostbusters, I see.
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,387

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Hurr durr you only hate the movie because you're a racist misogynistic xenophobic communist white male.

Yeah, because that's totally the problem. Still haven't learned the lesson with Ghostbusters, I see.
You would have an argument if your complaints didn't rest on your belief that Han will be a "cuck" because his "toxic masculinity" will be removed.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 01-04-2018, 01:59 PM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Arch-Druid
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I do wish Admiral Whatsherface had worn a uniform instead of evening dress.".
The movie couldn't decide if the Resistance was a ragtag group of anarchic Rebels or a military organization.
They have ranks, except military discipline and information on a need to know basis.
But demotion doesn't mean a thing, nobody cares about orders and half the people are dressed to go to the Opera.

The Resistance is just a group of random people happy to die so that Poe learn a lesson.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 01-04-2018, 11:13 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Banished
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,027

Default

I really hope Disney could learn their lesson, a few more movies like that and they are going to blow up the biggest IP.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

I just came back from thte movies and i loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 01-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I just came back from thte movies and i loved it.
Wait. What? I thought you were bitching about it. Weren't you? Before now, in this thread?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 01-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,692
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Wait. What? I thought you were bitching about it. Weren't you? Before now, in this thread?
I am starting to believe that you're literally insane.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 01-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I am starting to believe that you're literally insane.
Am I? Am I insane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I just saw the movie it was weird and stupid and i hope someone kills "some guy" (rian johnson)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I just came back from thte movies and i loved it.
OR IS THE WORLD INSANE?!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:13 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

(He's on to us. Can we get a mod to delete one of Gurzog's posts, this last page of related posts, and Anansi's memory? Thanks.)
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Arch-Druid
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Am I? Am I insane?





OR IS THE WORLD INSANE?!
You are 0.27 insane
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 01-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

I thought this was the thread where we stated our opinion on things as many times as possible so i added my twist on it by just stating i have mixed feelings about it in 3 posts
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 01-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,318

Default

Alright, so I've finally seen it. It wasn't great. It also wasn't horrible. Most of it was pretty enjoyable, to be fair.

It's not like the Star Wars franchise has ever been anything but pulp entertainment. But it's set in space, and they got lasers and shit, so it's dope.

Benicio Del Toro's character was my favourite.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 01-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Alright, so I've finally seen it. It wasn't great. It also wasn't horrible. Most of it was pretty enjoyable, to be fair.

It's not like the Star Wars franchise has ever been anything but pulp entertainment. But it's set in space, and they got lasers and shit, so it's dope.

Benicio Del Toro's character was my favourite.
This guy gets it.

Especially if Benicio Del Toro's character is that thief who betrays them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:41 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,318

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
This guy gets it.

Especially if Benicio Del Toro's character is that thief who betrays them.
C'mon, "betray" is such a strong word. I'd like to think he was looking out for himself in a desperate moment.

I mean it wasn't like he was going to get paid for the failed attempt at breaking into the First Order's ship, Finn and Janitor Girl literally had their heads on the chopping block, guy has to make a living somehow.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
C'mon, "betray" is such a strong word. I'd like to think he was looking out for himself in a desperate moment.

I mean it wasn't like he was going to get paid for the failed attempt at breaking into the First Order's ship, Finn and Janitor Girl literally had their heads on the chopping block, guy has to make a living somehow.
Exactly! It's not like some misguided show of 'heroism' would have helped anyone at that point!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 01-07-2018, 01:43 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

So everyone who likes this movie thinks that all Star Wars films are kinda terrible, so it doesn't matter if this film is bad or not - it's still "enjoyable".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
entertainment, star trek

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.