Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

View Poll Results: What Should Suceed the Great War RP assuming there is one?
Direct Sequel A few generations later 2 12.50%
Our Own Version of WoW/WC lore 10 62.50%
Our Own Version of Game of Thrones 1 6.25%
Fallout Post-Nuclear Nations 1 6.25%
"Real World Fantasy"/Sci-Fi/UFS with the Illuminati involved to some degree 3 18.75%
Science Fiction/Star Trek/Star Wars/Gundam 0 0%
Warhammer Fantasy 1 6.25%
Warhammer 40K 2 12.50%
Original Fantasy World(Similar to Luddita) 4 25.00%
Original Sci-Fi World 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM

Eternal

Default RP Successor to the Great War?

With our RP for 5 years drawing to a close, I wonder, what will the future hold for RPs in SoL?

Yea there will probably be a break of a few months to a year and we don't know if we can have a crack at it again. But what are some RP ideas for the future if we have a crack at it again?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 AM

Elune

I'd like a warcraft fic set in an alternate timeline.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

I had this idea to propose/organise a RP set in the Old Draenor time period, using my "spin-off headcanon" as a basis (with kenkus, syrinx, wayangs and stuff).

Though I guess that once our worldbuilding exercise creates something viable, we could try to organise something there.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I'd like a warcraft fic set in an alternate timeline.
I'd like this. Let's switch genders, change races and events!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Yes... lets kill the dreaneredar for good!
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:29 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Can anything follow that? Can the commitment poured into the Great War ever be duplicated, even by those who played a part therein?

We can try to start another epic roleplay, but I doubt that anyone will stick around long enough to see another project of equal scale through to the end.

That said, I think we could have some fun developing the world of Argus in the last few years before Sargeras spoiled the party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Totally!

Well, not so much genderbending unless we go far back into the past. Because my idea was to change one key moment, in a plausible way, and see how the dice fall from there.

For example:

What if Ner'zul and Arthas merged as planned? Or if Ner'zul rubbed out Arthas? Either way we'd be looking at a more capable and ruthless Lich King.

What if Thrall died instead of Grom against Mannoroth?

What if Orgrim never invaded Lordaeron but kept his southern holdings?

What if Garrosh and Varian became friends in Northrend?

What if Deathwing found a titanic artifact that gave him clarity of mind to resist the OGs and reform the Twilight Cult into a more scheming and intelligent organization devoted to him?

What if Kael'thas has a last minute change of mind and sides against Kil'Jaeden?

What if Arthas had listened to Uther and they made a quarantine of Stratholme?

Stuff like that.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 PM

Echo of the Past

Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post

What if Garrosh and Varian died horrible pointless deaths and Tirion and Saurfang Jr lived instead
I think you had a typpo there, I fix´d it
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
I think you had a typpo there, I fix´d it
It's WARcraft not PEACEcraft, sorry...

But then again, me and CPH20 like Garrosh.

EDIT: If We ever re-do an RP in the current timeframe, give me control of Garrosh! I will do all in my power to make him what he could be, and I want all the Garrosh haters to be strapped down to their chairs and be forced to watch!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 05-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Eternal

Ill let you get away with anything you want if you give me what I want

That is

On Azeroth... YES!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
Ill let you get away with anything you want if you give me what I want

That is

On Azeroth... YES!
Yes, as long as I, Exxile, or CPH20 get to bodyjack Garrosh

Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

I have recently acquired a copy of Pathfinder's Ultimate Campaign. It's a pretty cool book, explores some stuff you don't usually see in RPG handbooks, like managing a kingdom. Which gives me an idea.

What if we tried to manage a kingdom on rules based on the ones in that book? Each player would take the position of a high official of the country (ruler, high priest, magister, treasurer, marshall, etc.) and with every turn, they'd attempt to rule that country? Which of course would lead to events pertaining the country - treasons, rebellions, heresies, etc.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Drunk Assassin

I'd be interested in joining in too, if you're thinking of a new one.

I'll leave the setting up to others, I can roll with pretty much anything.

Though my preferences lean towards Warcraft. I can work with Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k too!

Last edited by Thunderbraid; 06-08-2013 at 04:17 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 11:10 PM

The Sun King

Why no love for A Game of Warcraft?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:28 AM

Eternal

What was the SoL Great War? Have heard of it, but I don't know much about it. Anyway, how about a science fiction and fantasy?

EDIT-Which modl changed my post from sci-fi and fantasy to that raptor shit?

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 06-09-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 02:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Probably weird that I'll first announce it here, but I'll be hosting a new RP after Great War. I'll also be a player in one to be made by Zula.

The new RP with me as GM will be a mixture of a traditional roleplaying game, relying heavily on statistics, levelling up characters, etc, but will be conducted entirely through text. That way, plot progression is entirely at the whim of players, so there's no determined ending to the storyline. Very much like in Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder. Players will get to design the new fantasy setting with me, though I maintain the right to a final say on matters because I'll be GM.

I'll probably host it off-site from Scrolls because of Scrolls' centrism on Warcraft. It'll be a serious project, which I may heavily edit into a publishable book once it's done.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:38 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Probably weird that I'll first announce it here, but I'll be hosting a new RP after Great War. I'll also be a player in one to be made by Zula.

The new RP with me as GM will be a mixture of a traditional roleplaying game, relying heavily on statistics, levelling up characters, etc, but will be conducted entirely through text. That way, plot progression is entirely at the whim of players, so there's no determined ending to the storyline. Very much like in Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder. Players will get to design the new fantasy setting with me, though I maintain the right to a final say on matters because I'll be GM.

I'll probably host it off-site from Scrolls because of Scrolls' centrism on Warcraft. It'll be a serious project, which I may heavily edit into a publishable book once it's done.
I lend you my quill, sir, if you will have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:23 PM

The Digger

Try using Solcu. It could be that world's maiden voyage .
Old 06-11-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Try using Solcu. It could be that world's maiden voyage .
Que?

I found this. And Yaskaleh's name.

Also Anansi, you are very much wanted onboard.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Eternal

I can help too!

Also what did everybody think of the way I disconnected the Great War canon from the Blizzard timeline, as well as Namor's final sacrifise? Need some responses.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:

You have my bigotry!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:17 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Que?

I found this. And Yaskaleh's name.
It's the world folks have been making in this thread.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM

The Knight-Lord

Azeroth has been destroyed, and but a few races barely made it through portals into the Emerald Dream. The quest now is to see which race can conquer the most land to build new kingdoms.

P.enis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM

We're already a team of 6 for the new Roleplaying Game, and have already almost finished designing the magic system, which I guarantee you is awesome and pretty original - and we've also fleshed out the two main nations and their geography.

People who want to join our massive new adventure, PM me and I'll add you on Skype, where we have a constant group chat and are using Google docs to make everything.

EVERYONE involved in the setting is making it together, so you'll be playing your own setting, with collaborative ideas. That's the fun of collaborative projects, everyone's best ideas come together.

Last edited by Timolas; 06-24-2013 at 05:05 PM..

Tags
collaboration, great war