Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-28-2010, 07:40 AM

Eternal

I don't have much to offer for any "Faceless One" race. Faceless ones have no real appeal as a playable race to me. I know, horrible excuse, but there are other races ingame that have richer environments and cultural cues. Plus there's no reason to imagine them as having a "gothic", "Burtonesque" demeanor.

I'm particularly adverse to D&D races simply because they exist exclusively in D&D universes. Illithids may have a place in the Burning Legion or as an NPC race, but I think they'd be a hard sell to the general public.

The more I sat and imagined GOTH as a race motif, it really WAS just Forsaken with a less violent edge.

I think your idea of identifying PERSONALITY types and folding races around them has a lot more feet to it than others may think. Races need to have specific differences that extend further than architecture and emotes. Which is why I think Ogres on Horde would be redundant. I think we should discuss what behaviors or worldviews are absent in WoW, and what would be appealing to identify with.

there's
Old 11-28-2010, 08:08 AM

Archer

I think that a Faun race could be a great add to the Horde ranks in a possible Emerald Dream expansion.. They would bring the Darkie nature beloveship that the Night Elves have plus the fairy feeling that they have.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:34 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
I think that a Faun race could be a great add to the Horde ranks in a possible Emerald Dream expansion.. They would bring the Darkie nature beloveship that the Night Elves have plus the fairy feeling that they have.
I prefer sporelings for the horde

Tags
collaboration, creative