Old 10-24-2016, 04:10 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Tell us more on how hipster and edgy you are
Old 10-24-2016, 04:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I found out the mystery guest that was going to show up at Atrox Factory was going to be one of the actors from Walking Dead, but he got incarcerated. Asked one of the people there which actor it was and she said "can't remember his name, he was that black preacher character".
Old 10-25-2016, 03:09 AM

Eternal

Just read the latest comic.

R.I.P Lucille
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 10-25-2016, 05:52 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Just read the latest comic.

R.I.P Lucille

The only Comic Book store I had in town shut down. I'm so far behind. What happens to her? That makes me sad.
Juggalette 100 Worgen Hunter Icecrown

Old 10-25-2016, 06:51 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

She breaks apart during a fight with Beta. Negan is pretty distraught.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:05 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Holy shit, Carl is coming to my hometown.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/inde..._chandler.html
Old 11-08-2016, 05:07 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Koral?
Old 11-10-2016, 11:07 AM

Arch-Druid

There is actually one fairly key Negan scene I'd love to see, and I'm fairly confident it will happen. The problem being that the TV version of Holly is dead, although it's easy enough for someone like Rosita or Tara to take her place. However since All-Out war is unlikely to begin until next season, it won't be anytime soon.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
There is actually one fairly key Negan scene I'd love to see, and I'm fairly confident it will happen. The problem being that the TV version of Holly is dead, although it's easy enough for someone like Rosita or Tara to take her place. However since All-Out war is unlikely to begin until next season, it won't be anytime soon.
Wasn't Holly replaced by Francine? Being the one who Abraham saved from being left behind I mean. She's been little more than a mauve shirt since then mind you, rather than a prominent character. So yeah, my money is on Rosita or Tara as well. The latter especially is totally expendable from a narrative perspective, Rosita barely any more than her just because she's a comic character. Call it a gut feeling but I doubt they're going to go the Eugene/Rosita pregnancy in the show.

I'd have loved for it to be Daryl though. All season we see Negan trying to break him, and then when he gives up and 'releases' him it's as a zombie. What a massive shock that would be? Even to comic viewers.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-10-2016 at 01:40 PM..
Old 11-10-2016, 03:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
All season we see Negan trying to break him, and then when he gives up and 'releases' him it's as a zombie. What a massive shock that would be? Even to comic viewers.
I can actually see this happening, since Negan is replacing Daryl as the popular badass character. It would definitely get fans pumped for the series if it breaks that barrier.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
I can actually see this happening, since Negan is replacing Daryl as the popular badass character. It would definitely get fans pumped for the series if it breaks that barrier.
Negan gives him back alive and well next episode.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:22 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Wasn't Holly replaced by Francine? Being the one who Abraham saved from being left behind I mean. She's been little more than a mauve shirt since then mind you, rather than a prominent character. So yeah, my money is on Rosita or Tara as well. The latter especially is totally expendable from a narrative perspective, Rosita barely any more than her just because she's a comic character. Call it a gut feeling but I doubt they're going to go the Eugene/Rosita pregnancy in the show.

I'd have loved for it to be Daryl though. All season we see Negan trying to break him, and then when he gives up and 'releases' him it's as a zombie. What a massive shock that would be? Even to comic viewers.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I mean the one after Holly gets taken prisoner and a Savior tries to rape her. Negan walks in on it and kills him instantly. At this point I can't see them leaving that scene out. It'd go way too far with humanizing Negan a bit for the average viewer.

Although I think they're probably dragging out the whole prelude to All-Out War unnecessarily, tonight's episode was good. They chose a great moment for the infamous dick down the throat line.

I detest the mattress burning though. Comic Negan would never be that petty.

Last edited by Yorenec; 11-13-2016 at 07:33 PM..
Old 12-04-2016, 07:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I need a meme of Neegan enjoying things while Carl just stands there with a deadpan look on his face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 AM

Eternal

Recently, I have found it best to only tune in to the show when it's tackling the really good comic issues.

Like this one. The issue with Carl at Negan's place is one of my favourite issues of the entire run, and I was glad that they left it pretty much unchanged.

Only thing that bugged me was the shot of Negan cradling Judith on the porch of Rick's house.
That looked too much like JDM genuinely enjoying the moment with that kid and took me a bit out of the narrative.

Guess I'll tune in next week as well, because I want to see Spencer showing some guts.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Well looks I was wrong on two points.

It was neither Rosita or Tara, but Sasha. And it did indeed happen this season.

Went just as well as I was hoping though.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:54 AM

Eternal

What the actual fuck was that shit???

They killed Carl? CARL???

That's like killing Anduin instead of Varian! Makes no fucking sense.
What about the huge part he plays in the Whisperer arc? We won't get any of that now? Screw you, show!
Old 12-12-2017, 05:17 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Loot Bag

The AMC adaption simply isn't very good - or hasn't been in quite some time. One of its issues isn't something specific to the show itself, but is a problem throughout most American television in that their shows are self-censored by the most bizarre ideas on what is decent for viewers to see. You simply cannot make a compelling post-apocalyptic TV programme on a basic cable network when its executive producers believe that gratuitous violence can be shown (which it should) but you cannot hear the word 'fuck' or see a character's boobs. Especially when you consider the content of the source material that The Walking Dead is based on, some characters sound completely ridiculous like Abraham or Negan when they're forbidden from swearing - leading to silly compromise words like "Mother-dick!" or "They're screwing with the wrong people!" You cannot be immersed in the world the show tries to depict when its characters behave as if they're in a daytime soap-opera.

And then there's the rather obvious problem of The Walking Dead's showrunners and producers, quite cynically, treating their audience as if they were cretins. Take the finale of season six as an example: they spend the whole episode (and season) building up to the introduction of Negan, what should have been an iconic moment for the show, and then the viewers discover that they must stick around to the next premiere if they want to find out who was murdered by the new arch-villain - destroying any sense of tension or interest for the scene. Then there are all the numerous fake-outs where the show wants you to believe that a character has just been killed (e.g. Glenn and Daryl) only for it to be revealed soon after that those scenes were just craftily edited to create a false sense of peril. And now there is the news that Chandler Riggs (Carl) has been written out of the show; presumably because the actor was about to turn eighteen which would mean his contract would have to be re-negotiated and he could thus demand a higher salary as one of the primary leads of the show. Then there's the other ludicrous idea of migrating Morgan into the Fear the Walking Dead spin-off; meaning his character will have gone on a grand adventure from Atlanta to Virginia and then onward to Texas

Plus more generally, The Walking Dead just isn't terribly well-made when you break down each of its individual elements. The sets and locations are generally quite boring as they all seem to be filmed around the same wooded areas of Georgia. The writing is inconsistent at best with characters flip-flopping their motivations and personalities between episodes and seasons; combined with notably hammy lines that no subtlety to them (My personal favorite being when an angsty-Tyreese is stuck in some overgrown vines while being attacked by walkers and the others shout "Tyreese, you have to let go!") Few of the actors make a strong impression, other than a few exceptions like Andrew Lincoln - but even he can only do so much with the material he is given. The cinematography is dull and conventional while the soundtrack isn't particularly special. Plus there's the other problem of the rampant product placement by the show's sponsors (How many factory-quality Hyundai's are there in a zombie apocalypse?) The pacing and editing is woeful and seems clearly designed to save as much money as possible by padding out the season with as many bottle-episodes as possible (where only a limited portion of the cast will appear typically.) The one strength I can think of is the make-up and costuming of the undead - that much is good.

Overall there isn't much to recommend in The Walking Dead anymore. Meddlesome executives and poor showrunners seem focused on attracting as much lowest-common-denominator buzz as possible instead of making a quality show - you can hear the programme's death-rattle even now; I don't expect the show to get beyond season ten as even Andrew Lincoln has repeatedly talked about his wish to see the show reach some kind of conclusion. And I cannot imagine the rest of the cast enjoy working under the conditions that they currently enjoy either; where none of them can be sure if they'll still have a job by the next episode. A show like The Walking Dead just shouldn't have been made on a network like AMC; it might have had a chance on HBO but its too late for that now.

Last edited by Shaman; 12-12-2017 at 05:20 PM..
Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Glad I stopped watching it when I did. I stopped watching for admittedly petty reasons (you give Tara a whole episode to herself and don't kill her off?) and I just didn't care about the rest of the characters anymore. Even Negan, and I love what Jeffery Dean Morgan is bringing to him.

Tags
caaaaaarl, entertainment, wolves not far, zombies