Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 02-23-2016, 09:53 PM

World Builder

Default Design a Demon!

Legion is showing lots of new demons.

Some from old concept art, others totally new.

Have some fun and design a demon.

Can be a burning Legion Member, a Void Entity, some rogue group of demons that don't like the legion, whatever!

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

I like the topic idea but I'm not much of an artist so maybe I can contribute something in the way of demon design I'd like to see in Warcraft:

Enter Flamers:

40k may be the perfect example of how not to manage a brand these days but some of their design ideas are really stellar. In particular I love the idea of raw writhing warp energy channeled through a malleable form of twisted flesh. Would love to see a more formless demon in particular.

Admittedly, I wish I could find better art, swear I've seen some before....
Old 02-24-2016, 04:30 AM

Drunk Assassin

So if demons are made from races that pledge themselves to the Burning Legion.

Demonic Dwarves.

Their beards (And the rest of their hair) are made of wicked axe blades.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:08 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
The Klepticons and Sargeras go way back. Before his corruption at the hands of the diabolical Nathrezim, the Pantheon's champion had already contended with many of the darkest races to haunt the streams of the Twisting Nether. One of these was a species of coldly intelligent creatures known as Klepticons. Their origins remain unknown, even to the Titans themselves, but they first came to Sargeras' attention by their enslavement of a planet newly blessed by the Pantheon's touch. Sargeras stormed across the planet, putting the creatures to the sword wherever he found them. Unlike most of his adversaries, they put up minimal resistance, falling easily beneath his burning blade.

Finally, when the last of the world's Klepticons found themselves cornered, an emissary was dispatched to the burning Titan. It declared the intentions of its kind to surrender and swear fealty to the Defender's war against darkness. Sargeras was ready to strike down the emissary where he stood, but was ordered to stay his blade by Aman'thul. Upon further questioning, the emissary explained much of its race's nature.

The Klepticons are a race apparently devoid of the warmth of emotion. They do not appear to know either love or hatred, and their motives are inscrutable. They had enslaved many worlds by using their unique and unsettling talents before Sargeras found them.

A Klepticon's natural body is an amorphous, levitating sack of gases and fluids. They feed on living creatures by enveloping them within the flabby folds of this unwholesome bag and emitting a digestive gas, which doubles as a relaxant to minimize struggle. Once a creature has been devoured, its physical form and many of its memories are learned by the Klepticon, which may then assume the prey's shape at will. They appear to be immortal, and many of the older Klepticons have amassed thousands of bodies and remember hundreds of worlds. When the things arrive on a planet, they will often consume and masquerade as prominent leaders, allowing them relatively easy access to a supply of new bodies and memories. Eventually, after glutting themselves to their satisfaction and seeding the native population with enough duplicates, they will enslave the unsuspecting survivors for carefully monitored programs of breeding and harvesting.

The Klepticons proved ideal record keepers, for in addition to what they gleaned from each of their victims, they remembered everything they had ever seen, heard or thought. They offered their services to help manage the Pantheon's databases and Sargeras' campaigns. Reluctantly, the Defender accepted.

The things quickly earned their keep. They are partially responsible for much of the Titan's archival technology, entering every encounter with a new race carefully and logically in their databases. In every encounter with a new adversary, Sargeras would send at least one Klepticon to consume any survivors that might know of where more creatures of darkness may dwell. It was in this way that he found the Nathrezim in the first place.

When Sargeras finally fell, the Klepticons fell with him. Refusing the Pantheon's demands that they revoke their oath of service to the Titan, they followed him into exile, though not before many of their number were struck down by their master's old friends. In the void, they continue to serve as Sargeras' most trusted advisors and strategists, triangulating new worlds to conquer and calculating the identities of primary threats to his ultimate ambitions. They were the ones that brought Argus to his attention, and they were the ones who tracked the refugees to Draenor.

To this day, questions remain as to their true motives. What do they hope to gain by serving the Destroyer? Why were they devouring worlds in the first place? What do they hope to gain from this war? Are they autonomous entities, or do they serve a higher power still? Time may tell, though with each Legion conquest more knowledge passes from the world, to be bound forever only in the memories of Klepticon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
So if demons are made from races that pledge themselves to the Burning Legion.

Demonic Dwarves.

Their beards (And the rest of their hair) are made of wicked axe blades.
Their skin is molten stone and their beards are pure flame.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:01 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
I like the topic idea but I'm not much of an artist so maybe I can contribute something in the way of demon design I'd like to see in Warcraft:

Enter Flamers:

40k may be the perfect example of how not to manage a brand these days but some of their design ideas are really stellar. In particular I love the idea of raw writhing warp energy channeled through a malleable form of twisted flesh. Would love to see a more formless demon in particular.

Admittedly, I wish I could find better art, swear I've seen some before....
The point is more writing than art so don't feel bad I suck at art too.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-24-2016, 07:09 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Ahem.
That Archimedes guy was really something. A truly prolific wordsmith, armed with a nigh limitless imagination and vocabulary. It's just too bad he was thwarted by some sub-par spider deity with extremely dubious goals, and even more dubious means to achieve them.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:36 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
That Archimedes guy was really something. A truly prolific wordsmith, armed with a nigh limitless imagination and vocabulary. It's just too bad he was thwarted by some sub-par spider deity with extremely dubious goals, and even more dubious means to achieve them.
Sometimes I regret murdering him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.

Tags
creative, demons