Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-07-2018, 01:04 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Oh my gosh, Gurzog wasn't trolling. Dark Iron Dwarves really do have a joke about Teldrassil burning down.

Uh, the joke talks about a "mountain" burning, not a tree. Teldrassil isn't on a mountain; Nordrassil is. It's a dig at Nordrassil being burned down during Cata, not Teldrassil being burned during BfA.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Classic origins are irrelevant. If it's animal. it's furry.

We have 4 animal races. This shit is not new and it's stupid it keeps cropping up.

If anything the catalyzing force won't be Vulpera but the snake men.

Please. The ERP scene in Goldshire pales next to the horrors that lurk within conventional RP. At least the people in Goldshire know how to handle their horny. Blood Elf Noble houses meanwhile are a practical breeding ground for dysfunctional adults who can't balance life and escapism.

Oh you poor summer child. The very origins of the Minotaur are steeped in lust.

Don't even get started on the Egyptian Pantheon and the mythos surrounding it.
I mean what is new? More variations of humans which we have 10 of? People can like different things than you.

Last edited by Leviathon; 02-07-2018 at 01:22 AM..
Old 02-07-2018, 01:20 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Uh, the joke talks about a "mountain" burning, not a tree. Teldrassil isn't on a mountain; Nordrassil is. It's a dig at Nordrassil being burned down during Cata, not Teldrassil being burned during BfA.
Why would he say "What? Too soon?" then? Also Nordrassil never got burned down in Cata. Ragnaros wanted to burn it down, but never came all that close.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Dark Irons look amazing. Only gripes would be the lack of Leia Buns option for the females, you'd think it'd be popular since their queen has it (and it's my favourite). They could also do with a brighter orange hair colour option. The racials are amazing, Mole Machine!
Old 02-07-2018, 03:55 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
Dark Irons look amazing. Only gripes would be the lack of Leia Buns option for the females, you'd think it'd be popular since their queen has it (and it's my favourite). They could also do with a brighter orange hair colour option. The racials are amazing, Mole Machine!
Maybe it's going to be a barber shop option and they just want to showcase the new stuff in the creation screen. I haven't really played any of my allied races alts so i haven't check barbers yet.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Maybe it's going to be a barber shop option and they just want to showcase the new stuff in the creation screen. I haven't really played any of my allied races alts so i haven't check barbers yet.
Allied races have no barber-only options. And even if they had, the options would show up in datamining.

That said, since we know Blizzard plans on updating allied races at some point, more options could be added in the future.

----------------------

On another note, after vulpera model being updated in this build, I'm now thinking they may become playable indeed.

Thought I still think helmets will look really stretched up in their long wide faces.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-07-2018, 06:02 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I mean what is new? More variations of humans which we have 10 of? People can like different things than you.
Exactly.

People can also like the same things for different reasons, so while vulpera may appeal to furries, those will likely not be the only people they appeal to.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Exactly.

People can also like the same things for different reasons, so while vulpera may appeal to furries, those will likely not be the only people they appeal to.
We all know that as soon as they make the vulpera playable you are going to be race-changing as fast as you can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Why would he say "What? Too soon?" then? Also Nordrassil never got burned down in Cata. Ragnaros wanted to burn it down, but never came all that close.
I agree. The DI is talking about his mountain, his home, burning down in reference to the nelves home burning.

A mountain home can't burn down but a tree home can. Especially since the nelves don't live in a mountain.

Last edited by Ma Caque Attaque; 02-08-2018 at 06:38 AM..
Old 02-07-2018, 06:44 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Oh you poor summer child. The very origins of the Minotaur are steeped in lust.

Don't even get started on the Egyptian Pantheon and the mythos surrounding it.
Sure, but that wasn't my point though.

Anyway, playable Vulpera wouldn't be awful because they're foxmen. At least not only because of that. It would be awful because they're a race pulled completely out of the blue, when there's a plethora of established races (furry or not) to choose from.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:56 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I don't remember Nordrassil being burned down in Cata outside of that one time when Thrall did some really good drugs and thought he was talking to Ragnaros.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Vulpera aren't my cup of tea, but as long as they scratch my desert trader itch I'm happy to have them aboard.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:14 AM

Arch-Druid

fox tail!!
Old 02-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Archer

Well, grats Horde on a new furry race, I guess.

Also, I've got a very bad feeling about Zandalari story. Seems like it will be difficult for me to live with it, gonna have tons of pain in one particular body part while playing through it in the future (just a hint - I hate Yrel as a character :p).
Old 02-07-2018, 08:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin View Post
Well, grats Horde on a new furry race, I guess.

Also, I've got a very bad feeling about Zandalari story. Seems like it will be difficult for me to live with it, gonna have tons of pain in one particular body part while playing through it in the future (just a hint - I hate Yrel as a character :p).
I really, really hope they don't go down the Yrel route with Talanji and Rastakhan.

1. Take character who's been established within the setting with interesting history to him
2. Kill him to further development of literally who that just got introduced
3. Watch as character in question still has as much personality as a piece of driftwood

Though I'm holding out a little hope still.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:54 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I would rather they kill rastakhan and make zul a leader than make Literally who the priestess Whateverjin (ji is probably the jin for females????)

Like make him die, and then like zul sees horde isnt that bad because they do something (whatever) and thus changes his ways, but hey that requires him to not go "LOLD GODS" (thinking of a pun for the void lords and their minions, but well that is all for now.

I would rather he was power mad but not falling for Nzoth.

Also I hate that they might actually go the way of the iron horde in a certain direction (this is a big threat and could destroy your planet, when in reality that wasnt true at all, like with legion, isnt that funny) But hey, Blizzard does bad with secrecy and subtlety If they did it the way their "Secrets" are like it would be nice.

Probably.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:20 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
We all know that as soon as they make the vulpera playable you are going to be race-changing as fast as you can....
Very likely, but like all the other animal races, I doubt that it'll last long.

I like tauren, worgen and pandaren, but playing them just feels weird....

Gurzog, say it with me. "Princess." Not "priestess", "princess."

Last edited by Nazja; 02-07-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Old 02-07-2018, 03:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Vulpera aren't my cup of tea, but as long as they scratch my desert trader itch I'm happy to have them aboard.
Made me think of the Khajit (though dunno if they live in the desert? I'm not huge on Elder Scrolls lore) and I love them for that.

Anyway, the alpha starting reminded me to message my friend and get my name on the list for it.

Also seeing some people freak out about Dark Irons having DKs and not having shaman, which seems weird to me as there was an interview with Forbes like a week ago saying no allied races for DK at all.

edit: MMO-Champion posted a lot of broadcast text. Some things I noticed:

-Apparently Jaina's homecoming is not exactly pleasant and we end up in a jail.
-Admiral Rogers is involved in Stromgarde, apparently.
-There are broadcast text lines for the Horde's approach to Teldrassil, involving wisps, Felwood, and talk of smugglers to get around things:

Unknown_Male: Wisps are dangerous only in large numbers, can we kill enough them Warchief?
Unknown_Female: Not enough to matter. But we can disperse them.
Unknown_Female: Saurfang, take some of our troops and go into Felwood. Find or make path over the mountain into Darkshore, but leave the siege weapons under my command.
Unknown_Female: We will squeeze Malfurion from both sides.
Unknown_Male: How many smugglers do you know, Blightcaller?
Unknown_Male: I beg your pardon?
Unknown_Male: I am not so naive to believe that Everlook gets all of its cargo via ship routes from Azshara. There has to be a hidden route somewhere through Felwood.
Unknown_Male: Most smugglers will not want the attention of the high overlord, but I do know of somebody who is more loyal to the horde than their profits.
Unknown_Female: Then it is decided. Saurfang, Nathanos - you are to leave at once.
Unknown_Female: $n, let's keep the remainder of Malfurion's army busy.

edit: Gallywix is involved in the Kezan dungeon, to no surprise. What is a surprise though is he's involved for both factions. He tells us to keep it our little secret, that Sylvanas doesn't need to know. And he then kicks us off "his" island when we're done.

Also the Zandalari are still pretty pissed at the Horde for fighting, and killing, Zul'jin. There's mention of how once things are done, there's some blood to be paid.

Last edited by Arakiba; 02-07-2018 at 05:37 PM..
Old 02-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Arch-Druid

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281574/u...-spell-effects
http://www.wowhead.com/news=281642/b...effect-visuals

Yummie.^^

@Jaina: Kinda expected that something like that would happen. This also means, that Jaina actually wasn't licking her wounds back home during the events of Legion.

Wowhead has the broadcast texts more sorted.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281635/b...-text-spoilers

And the Action Bars got changed a bit.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...dActionBar.jpg
Old 02-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Arch-Druid

I told you! Zul is one of the minions of N'zoth
Azshara and Naga
Deliver the letter to Nathanos Blightcaller at the Horde Embassy, in Dazar'alor.Queen Azshara is plotting with someone on the Zanchuli Council.
Her nefarious naga are not randomly attacking the coast, they are being directed.
Nathanos should know about this.

Sssecure the relicsss for the queen!
Desssstroy anything that emerges from the temple!
Crush anything that resssissstsss! For the glory of the Queen!
Newt claims this rocket makes a safe one way vehicle. The flimsy construction suggests otherwise.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=281635/b...-text-spoilers
Old 02-07-2018, 06:57 PM

Elune

Unknown_Male: Brothers and sisters of the Alliance, hear me now!
Unknown_Male: We are standing the precipice of glory!
Unknown_Male: Today, we will claim our victory over the Eastern Kingdoms and take back that which has been stolen from us so long ago.
Unknown_Male: We stand as one in solidarity for those who were lost at the battle for Teldrassil - for the families who have lost their homelands.
Unknown_Male: With this act of war, it is clear that we must fight for the survival of our next hundred generations.
Unknown_Male: FOR THE ALLIANCE!

---

Unknown_Female: These are Alliance lands! Swift retribution shall come to these Horde imposters that challenge us!

i can only get so erect
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Arch-Druid

We will reforge our empire with your bones!
Where others failed, the Kao-Ren will triumph!
I will crush your skull in my hands!
The Zandalari will honor their pact or die!
Glory to the mogu. Glory to Warlord Kao!

Long ago, when Kul Tiras was first settled, our people encountered a savage group of warmongering barbarians. They called themselves the Drust.
Drustvar was their ancestral home. It was from here that they launched endless raids into our fledgeling hamlets.
This carried on for countless years, until the ancestors of House Waycrest decided that something had to be done.
Wait... what was that?
Look out!
I'm sorry, $c. The coven's magic must be disturbing the spirits of the ancient Drust. We'll have to be careful.
My ancestors fought against stone constructs much like these in their war against the Drust.
The Waycrests have always been hearty folk, but the Drust's magic was strong. We were losing the war...
Wait... look out!
Thank you, $c. I thought that one had me for a moment.
As I was saying, the tide of the war shifted when our scholars began to uncover weaknesses in the Drust's magic.
They compiled what they learned into a treatise on weapons and tactics that could be used to defeat the barbarians.
Armed with this knowledge, our men started driving the Drust back into their mountain holds.

House Proudmoore runs the military. The city guard and marines all answer to Lord Admiral Katherine Proudmoore. Technically, she rules the entire nation.
House Ashvane controls the nation's wealth. The Ashvane Company holds all of the official state contracts for trade and production.
Pretty much everybody works for them in one way or another. Even the gangs.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Loremaster

Unknown_Male: Admiral Rogers! We've stormed your fortress. Where is your retribution now, paladin?
Unknown_Female: The Light is still with me. I will not fall so easily!

Not sure if it's maybe come up before for other reasons, but this dialogue seems to indicate that Sky Admiral Rogers might actually be a dual-wielding sailor paladin who uses a sword and dagger.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Eternal

I really, really hate the action bar change. I've been using the default since I started during TBC, but if this goes through to live I might have to start using an addon.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Ruinshin posted this in the discord a couple hours ago. Malorne may have been on Kul Tiras when humans were first settling it.
Anyone who can fight off so many Drust is someone I wish to have in my forests," he thought. So Lord Arom healed the stag's injuries.
The stag bounded into the woods and Arom made camp.
In the night, the Drust attacked!
Lord Arom stood against ten warriors! He fought valiantly and with cunning but he was out numbered and surrounded!
Determined to take down as many warriors as he could, he held his ground.
A mighty bellow came from the forest!
The white stag returned and trampled some of the Drust!
The he turned and vanished into the woods. Since then, the valiant and true have found shelter with the White Stag of the forest.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Hippogryph

I wonder if they are trying to seed druidism in Kul Tiran culture.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft