Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 11:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
from my perspective as a blood elf player. the horde is a better ally than the alliance.
humans have already betrayed us three times
The elves betrayed humanity 3 times
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Panda boosted about 12 hours ago.
Still processing.
I've been trying to race-change my main for the last day.
The first 12 hours were spent trying to pay for it. Then the rest of the time was spent waiting the client to allow me to finish the process.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I've been trying to race-change my main for the last day.
The first 12 hours were spent trying to pay for it. Then the rest of the time was spent waiting the client to allow me to finish the process.
It worked now. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
It worked now. Good luck.
Thanks. I'm at work right now. Hoping to complete it as soon as I get home.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:20 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I hope there is an expansion in the future based on this future you character.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I hope there is an expansion in the future based on this future you character.
Future self as final raid boss?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:43 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Chalk it up to collective character development?

They've seen how dope Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Demon Hunters were (and that it's possible to resist complete corruption), and wanted a piece of the action. That's neither weird nor very amusing.
So long as the character development is consistent, I have no issues. I just found it a bit odd (initially mind you) considering the HEs generally look down upon the BEs for adopting the "Fel brand of magic" to survive. But yah, I guess given how warlocks, shadow priests, DHs and DKs are now so much more common, it would be appropriate to assume that they're probably more tolerable now to different brands of magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
from my perspective as a blood elf player. the horde is a better ally than the alliance.
humans have already betrayed us three times
They've certainly developed the BE relations with the horde a lot more since TBC but I have to admit that the initial faction jump was hard to digest or at least acknowledge considering it felt a bit shoehorned in. I really enjoyed the BE race prorgession in MoP though with Varian and Lor'themar trying to come to an arrangement and the way the whole Dalaran & Throne of Thunder incidents played out.

Also, do we know what sort of a role Christie Golden will be playing for BFA? I do hope that whatever is written in the new book gets reflected in the game as well. Else it's honestly just a pain to go through two different "canon" versions of events. The latest cinematics for the Horde and Ally seem to suggest that it'll probably be the former.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:51 PM

Elune

I remember the Dark Iron Dwarf racial-icons being shown somewhere a few months ago, but I can't find them on the internet anymore. Anyone remember that? One had something to do with molemachines.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:10 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I remember the Dark Iron Dwarf racial-icons being shown somewhere a few months ago, but I can't find them on the internet anymore. Anyone remember that? One had something to do with molemachines.
Yes.

It was from 7.3.5
Old 01-31-2018, 01:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
You know, I wonder if the sand trolls came from Vol'dun in the first place, finally explaining the Farraki/Sandfury issue. We know Vol'dun is used a a place the Zandalari exile their criminals, so maybe over generations they evolved into the sand trolls, the Farraki Tribe. Then at some point some of them chose to leave and ended up in Tanaris, calling themselves the Sandfury and naming their city after their old tribe. Then since Zul Farrak is "nothing but a wasteland" as of Cata, the Farraki we're seeing from MoP onward are the surviving Sandfury mixed with some of their Vol'dun relatives.
Weren't they jungle trolls that got stranded after the sundering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:27 PM

Loremaster

The only reason blood elves are even still in the Horde is because WoW's hard-wired PvP-enforced faction mechanics won't let Silvermoon capriciously dump it allies on a whim any more.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:33 PM

Banished

There are locations called Atal Drak, Atal Gurub and Atal Aman in zuldazar.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The only reason blood elves are even still in the Horde is because WoW's hard-wired PvP-enforced faction mechanics won't let Silvermoon capriciously dump it allies on a whim any more.
You could also make that argument for the Tauren, after Garrosh and now Sylvanas pulling them into war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:13 PM

Eternal

Allied races, particularly the Nightborne, are getting ripped apart by folks on Reddit for generally being pretty shit looking and half baked design and customization.

I fully expect Blizz is gonna panic a bit and do more updates to them to add more customization and fix up some design flaws. No way they're going to let bad press fly hurt pre-order sales or hurt the hype towards release.

Haven't seen any fansites or YouTubers pick up on it yet, but that'd really seal the deal.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:22 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Allied races, particularly the Nightborne, are getting ripped apart by folks on Reddit for generally being pretty shit looking and half baked design and customization.

I fully expect Blizz is gonna panic a bit and do more updates to them to add more customization and fix up some design flaws. No way they're going to let bad press fly hurt pre-order sales or hurt the hype towards release.

Haven't seen any fansites or YouTubers pick up on it yet, but that'd really seal the deal.
They won't lift a finger and you know it. Best case scenario the next Alliance Allied Race (i just realized how dumb that sounds) will be something interesting but have fun with what you have, you're stuck with it. People have been telling them this is bullshit since Blizzcon, if they were ever changing jackshit they'd have done it by now.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:26 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post

That prediction flies in the face of ATVI's multi-year strategy to cut costs to the greatest possible extent. Those costs have decreased out of proportion to their increasing revenues.

Additionally, on the BCG matrix, WoW is a cash cow, not a star. It doesn't make sense to treat an expansion release of such a property as though it were a star. Cash cows only get the bare minimum investment that they need to keep generating cash.

Those factors are visible in Blizzard's decision to release a substandard product in the first place. They are also why I highly doubt that you will see updates.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:26 PM

Arch-Druid

I know Blizzard made a mistake when I see people that were firmly against playable high elves say "I'd rather have high elves than this".

And yes, it happened. I can't believe it myself.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:40 PM

Eternal

Does nobody remember how people bitched about the new playermodels at the start of WoD, and how they got tweaked and fixed as an answer to that?
Old 01-31-2018, 02:44 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Does nobody remember how people bitched about the new playermodels at the start of WoD, and how they got tweaked and fixed as an answer to that?
SameFace is still very much a thing; the lack of actual fixing it, WoD's plethora of other problems and Legion being Legion just shut people up about it because said people realized Blizz was never gonna fix it.
Incidentally, SameFace is hard at work with most of the new female Allied Races.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:46 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Sure, but when you choose, as a company, to piss away consumer trust as ATVI has over several years and with multiple media properties, you breed cynicism.

I'm not saying that I absolutely know that they won't make updates, just that the combined company's observed priorities don't line up well with the theory that the models will be updated.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:48 PM

Elune

On the other hand the Warcraft fanbase and nerds in general exist on a perpetual feeding cycle of rage so I can't blame Blizzard for ignoring people anymore.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
The Void Elf "capital" is cheap as fuck. I hope they'll add recolored Belf buildings or something at some point.
can you go back to it?
Old 01-31-2018, 02:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
There are locations called Atal Drak, Atal Gurub and Atal Aman in zuldazar.
Doesn't Atal mean devoted? I expected embassies (or more accurately, ghettos) for the lesser trolls, but Atal seems an odd prefix.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:54 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
On the other hand the Warcraft fanbase and nerds in general exist on a perpetual feeding cycle of rage so I can't blame Blizzard for ignoring people anymore.
Yeah, but you're acting like that just came out of nowhere and that Blizzard was just unfortunately victimized by angry fans rather than having a hand in making those fans angry in the first place.

It goes back to lessons that the Highmountain Emissary should have learned. When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:55 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Doesn't Atal mean devoted? I expected embassies (or more accurately, ghettos) for the lesser trolls, but Atal seems an odd prefix.
Yes. like the Atal'hakkar and atal'ai.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft