Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Counter-idea: female Varian?
It will be revealed that Varian was split in three on Alcaz Island, not two. His warrior side, Lo'gosh; his noble side, 'Varian'; 'his' feminine side, Varia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Aggra.

Just kidding. Zaela or maybe even Thura.
Thura's still a bit young though, isn't she?

Don't get me wrong, she's already had some development, which puts her ahead of the pack in terms of candidates, but I think she should get some more exposure (I mean, she's only appeared in a single book so far) before they'd put her in too big a role.

Mind you, the idea of a Saurfang (even if it is in name only) with relevance to the story is an attractive one.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 PM

Banished

Calia Menethil <Warlady of the Horde>
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
It will be revealed that Varian was split in three on Alcaz Island, not two. His warrior side, Lo'gosh; his noble side, 'Varian'; 'his' feminine side, Varia.
That would explain why he's pure raging testosterone all the time. And my god, a human warrior queen like that would be fantastic. Maybe Calia Menethil has been off kicking ass under a different name and will surface to be Calia, Warrior Princess.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
As another plus Anduin would have a mommy again, them being the weirdest family ever notwithstanding.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:24 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
As another plus Anduin would have a mommy again, them being the weirdest family ever notwithstanding.
How big of a narcissist is Varian? Should it be called incest or just masturbation?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
How big of a narcissist is Varian? Should it be called incest or just masturbation?
Right.

Well, anyone willing to take a guess on how long before we start exchanging fap pictures?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
No former Humans should lead the Horde, please. I don't mind former elves( read Sylvanas) to lead the Horde, though. Calia may be alive, and if she is, it creates an interesting Storyline, and perhaps, Andorhal can become contested(as a Battleground) again, as she claims the right to her father's land.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
This makes me feel like that there is a shortage of good Orc characters in general, not just female ones...
Well, expecting the faction leader to be a great big important legend... that's a legacy shaped by Thrall. Before Varian returned, the Alliance was led by the "child king" Anduin and his regent. And now that Varian's back, the only reason players treat him as big and important is because Blizzard told them to. If something happened to Varian and Anduin both, it'd be easy enough to stick a relative no-name on the Stormwind throne and build his/her reputation from there.

And similarly, I think it would be less of a shock for the Alliance to be led by a non-human racial leader such as Greymane (arguably "human"), Bronzebeard, or even Velen.

But for the Horde to be led by a non-Orc? Some players can conceive it, but it's a little harder. The Orcs are the defining force of the Horde. And Thrall is the defining force of the Orcs. That's why they'll have leadership issues when Thrall isn't leading the Horde.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-01-2012 at 06:32 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Sylvanas, Queen Azshara(Warcraft), Queen Victoria, Margret Thatcher and Hatsheput. Do I need to name more?
You're the kid that sits alone at lunch, aren't you?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Undead Icon (War3)

Quote:
Close. Calia Menethil <Queen of the Forsaken>?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Only if shes actually undead, I think the last thing the forsaken story needs is a living queen.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Elune

Wait, Sylvanas is a female ?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
Only if shes actually undead, I think the last thing the forsaken story needs is a living queen.
They didn't really need an elf queen either.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Close. Calia Menethil <Consort of the Banshee Queen>?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I can totally see Forsaken "nyah nyah" propaganda posters, airdropped over Alliance positions, in which Terenas Menethil plays this role.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Banished

Quote:
What makes you think that Warlady Calia is alive?

Quote:
This wins though
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM

Eternal

Sylvanas is the perfect leader for the Forsaken at the moment. She uses them for her own purposes, and I bet that the Forsaken wouldn't be half as evil as they are now, if Sylvanas was not leading them. Yet, despite all their genocidal actions, the Forsaken are quite a strong faction, and if an undead Calia becomes the leader, it would be terrible to have yet another evil undead Menethil. Calia was the daughter of the man who founded the Alliance, after all. I doubt that she would ever forget what her father was, a highly noble and kind man, who did all he could to keep the Alliance together. No, Calia should remain Human, if she is still alive. After all, why can't Sylvanas remain the Forsaken Leader? Give the Forsaken completely new characters, and give them development, so that there is more than just one major character(Sylvanas) because if Sylvanas ever dies, then one other undead Forsaken character should become the racial leader. Why can't the Forsaken have their own new characters(people who were introduced in the game as already undead, and nothing is known about their past lives), rather than borrow human characters? An undead Calia is as bad as an undead Terenas or Lothar.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
Sylvanas is the perfect leader for the Forsaken at the moment. She uses them for her own purposes, and I bet that the Forsaken wouldn't be half as evil as they are now, if Sylvanas was not leading them. Yet, despite all their genocidal actions, the Forsaken are quite a strong faction, and if an undead Calia becomes the leader, it would be terrible to have yet another evil undead Menethil. Calia was the daughter of the man who founded the Alliance, after all. I doubt that she would ever forget what her father was, a highly noble and kind man, who did all he could to keep the Alliance together. No, Calia should remain Human, if she is still alive. After all, why can't Sylvanas remain the Forsaken Leader? Give the Forsaken completely new characters, and give them development, so that there is more than just one major character(Sylvanas) because if Sylvanas ever dies, then one other undead Forsaken character should become the racial leader. Why can't the Forsaken have their own new characters(people who were introduced in the game as already undead, and nothing is known about their past lives), rather than borrow human characters? An undead Calia is as bad as an undead Terenas or Lothar.
No, not nearly.

You see I can kinda understand, if not care, for the argument that the undead are cannibalizing human characters, Lothar/Ternas/Uther would certainly qualify as that. Rich, loved characters whose background+raising is used to make a cheap new character for the Forsaken.

Calia on the other hand simply isn't either of those. She is the daughter of King Terenas, sister of Arthas, who was unhappy at the prospect of marrying Lord Prestor, AKA Deathwing and that is it. That is her entire canon lore, everything more is conjecture.

She is about as much of a blank slate as you can get with a named character. Jeremiah Payson <Cockroach Vendor> arguably has more lore then her. When her Schrodinger's Cat state ends and she becomes dead, living or otherwise it won't be derailing or defiling her character because she has no character.

I personally don't care much for her, I just hope like any other fan that she will be used properly if she gets used. But it is silly to equate her to Terenas or Uther which is why I spoke out.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
No, not nearly.

You see I can kinda understand, if not care, for the argument that the undead are cannibalizing human characters, Lothar/Ternas/Uther would certainly qualify as that. Rich, loved characters whose background+raising is used to make a cheap new character for the Forsaken.

Calia on the other hand simply isn't either of those. She is the daughter of King Terenas, sister of Arthas, who was unhappy at the prospect of marrying Lord Prestor, AKA Deathwing and that is it. That is her entire canon lore, everything more is conjecture.

She is about as much of a blank slate as you can get with a named character. Jeremiah Payson <Cockroach Vendor> arguably has more lore then her. When her Schrodinger's Cat state ends and she becomes dead, living or otherwise it won't be derailing or defiling her character because she has no character.

I personally don't care much for her, I just hope like any other fan that she will be used properly if she gets used. But it is silly to equate her to Terenas or Uther which is why I spoke out.
I said that, because many human players and fans are used to the idea that Calia is Human. Though she lacks popularity, it seems odd to see human characters becoming undead characters. For example, Galen Trollbane. What was the point of killing him and making him undead? It seems bizarre that he is now undoing the very kingdom which he tried to protect so much in his lifetime. Undead characters should have no lore about their past lives, and all information about them in-game should be about their current lives as an undead. They have changed too much now. They can't be considered humans anymore, so any information about their lives as humans is not required.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
I said that, because many human players and fans are used to the idea that Calia is Human. Though she lacks popularity, it seems odd to see human characters becoming undead characters. For example, Galen Trollbane. What was the point of killing him and making him undead? It seems bizarre that he is now undoing the very kingdom which he tried to protect so much in his lifetime. Undead characters should have no lore about their past lives, and all information about them in-game should be about their current lives as an undead. They have changed too much now. They can't be considered humans anymore, so any information about their lives as humans is not required.
Well you know what they say about opinions...

So I will just respectfully disagree that a Forsaken character should lack any and all info about their previous life and that it should not affect them in the least. Strongly disagree at that.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Banished

So its settled in Warlady Sylvanas Windrunner the Illuminated with Forsaken Queen Calia Menethil replacing her as the Forsaken leader then?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
So its settled in Warlady Sylvanas Windrunner the Illuminated with Forsaken Queen Calia Menethil replacing her as the Forsaken leader then?
Pfff, like Sylvanas would willingly give up power.

If Calia Menethil (living, undead, or worgen) claimed the throne of Zombaeron and convinced her people to overthrow Sylvanas, then Sylvanas would flee northeast, lead her own coup against Lorthy's government, and become the new Queen of Quel'thalas. She would use the Warcraft Monopoly money to establish her racial legitimacy.

Then Quel'thalas and Zombaeron would war each other over rights to the entire subcontinent. And if an Orc diplomat or tourist passes by, they'll hide the weapons behind their backs and casually whistle a bit.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Banished

Quote:
Pfff, like Sylvanas would willingly give up power.
She's becoming the HOARDE EMPRESS!!!1!1!!!, the rest of your post is invalid