Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Elune

Aha, I was wondering the other day where I've seen that dragon-shaped place named "Deathwing's fall". So, apparently Deathwing fell through the "roof" (which again implies he was wounded and hardly in a shape to travel between Deepholme and Grim Batol) and dragged himself to the temple in the center. I'm more and more inclined to think now that it was Knnak's imagination at work while he was writing the end of "Night of the dragon".

Last edited by Gortrash; 11-03-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM

Druid of the Talon

Hm, it almost looks like Deepholm's a combination of the elemental planes. Each type makes an appearance. Since there's airships and such, I assume that most of the zone is just a big chasm to nothing that you die if you fall down. Or perhaps those blank areas just be a sea of elite mobs, like Icecrown? Looks interesting, anyways. Hope troggs get a graphical update, I'd hate to be fighting the same old furry annoying creatures at 80
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM

Chimaera

I really like the Stone dragon field part. Hopefully we see stone dragons like the copy Alexstraza makes of herself in WotA. They'd make a nice new way to fight dragons without actually destroying the remaining flights.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Oooooor... it could be the Old Gods' whispers telling him: "Oh WTF, they wtfpwn Yoggy as well??!! Oh shit, we had enough of this Old God hunting season crap. C'mon, Death, it's time to get to business, it's time to rock their world... literally!"

Also:

Thanks for the welcome, first of all, Lon-ami, but... I think your theory is not entirely true... Correct me if I'm wrong on this one but when the Titans defeated the Old Gods and imprisoned them beneath the earth, they created the Elemental Plane where they would banish the lieutenants of the Old Gods, the Elemental Lords. So they banished the elementals there and each type of elemental got their realm to live in, where the "supreme" elemental (a.k.a. the Old Gods' lieutenants) would rule over the corresponding plane. So we have Therazane for the Plane of Earth, Ragnaros for the Plane of Fire and so on...

On the topic, my theory is that since the last time we saw Deathwing in action (the other 4 angry Aspects hot on his heels, chasing him) he never actually left Azeroth in the first place. He stayed all this time on Azeroth up to the events in "Night of the Dragon", taking care and overseeing his experiments. All these years he spent in hiding the whispers on the Old Gods in his head never seized, but after the events in the book they got worse than ever so he was forced to retreat to the elemental plane of Earth... and this is where the events in Cataclysm take over - the whispers become unbearable, finally pushing him over the edge and driving him ultimately insane, telling him to burst forth into Azeroth and avenge the defeat of 2 of the Old Gods. BUT... that theory contradicts the lore (I really can's cite any source or give you any proof, but I'm pretty sure it's official and fairly recent info, maybe even from Blizzcon 2009) that ever since the Aspects chased his tail away, Deathwing was in Deepholme, regaining his health for ALL THOSE YEARS. So he was never on Azeroth all along. Oh... i don't know... seems like it's yet another of Blizzard's messes they'll never bother to clean up.
Ahh soo many good threads so hard to read them all! Yeah man I'd say at this point all we have to go on is our own reasonable speculations. As I just posted in the Newbie thread I don't even know why he's looking like this suddenly? Intimidating? Yes. Old school Deathwing? Harder to say because he, over the course of 3-4 years went from this (see below) to this guy with the chin. And that second picture I don't even feel does justice to a chin of this magnitude. Anyone but me not following this?
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
And that second picture I don't even feel does justice to a chin of this magnitude. Anyone but me not following this?
This obviously means that Varian is actually Deathwing's new human form.
Member #14
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
No offense intended, but I hate that sort of cliched writing. The idea of finding the center of the earth by walking into a volcano, while inventive and logical in Jules Verne's time, is just lazy now. I like that Deathwing's rise caused the two planes to physically interact, that it wasn't "Go to this tall peak to find the door to Skywall, this remote ocean trench to get to the Abyssal Maw" and etc. That they used the Maelstrom as the key point between the Abyssal Maw and Azeroth makes sense, it's a magically created giant whirlpool, there's probably enough latent energy left to bridge a gap and Neptulon's choice of a liquid to liquid point of entrance is more than reasonable. At the same time, it wasn't there before, it's a new rift, a point that wasn't there before, and that's the most important part about this whole scenario. This is the rough equivalent to when Draenor was subsumed into the Twisting Nether, it really is the end times if the Earthen Ring don't stop the two planes from merging.

On a sidenote (another headsmack moment) Lon I think your dream of playable Naga might be on the horizon. I can't remember if it's been voiced before, but because the Naga of Vashj'ir seem to be at odds with the Elemental Lords (who alongside Deathwing seem to have become allied with the Old Gods once more) that allows for the possibility of their use as player races.

Of course I loath the idea of Warlock's "Welcome to the Horde" pic becoming even more true than it already is, but I can't deny the possibility any longer either.
Man Cantus, I've got to agree with you once again. You're making this all too easy with that calm logical mind of yours bro. I can't decide which idea I'm less fond of, the portals to the realms of elements (for some reason I can't shake the image of Jack finding the "holiday trees" in Nightmare Before X-mas) or yet another "the old gods did it...again" plotline. I know this one's been in the story for a while now but I'm ready for some new villans to blame shit on. *rubs hands together*

Also please excuse this double post. I know it's against the rules but I'm still somewhat new to posting and at the moment figuring out how to quote two posts and edit them into one of my own escapes me.

EDIT: yeah wow guess it didn't end up being a double post and also LOL at not even seeing the chin connection. Seems a new batch of chin-y heroes and villans are sweeping across Azeroth. Not to mention it was pointed out by the self proclaimed Druken Heathen of the forum. Rock on.

Last edited by Lob_SG; 11-04-2009 at 02:27 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

It's damn easy:

you write a new message, but instead of posting it, you copy it, then you edit the old one and paste the new one.

That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
Ahh soo many good threads so hard to read them all! Yeah man I'd say at this point all we have to go on is our own reasonable speculations. As I just posted in the Newbie thread I don't even know why he's looking like this suddenly? Intimidating? Yes. Old school Deathwing? Harder to say because he, over the course of 3-4 years went from this (see below) to this guy with the chin. And that second picture I don't even feel does justice to a chin of this magnitude. Anyone but me not following this?
Deathjaw!

I already lamed about it when Cataclysm announced, but yeah, that jaw is just horrible.

And not just that, his head in general looks like it has been shortened, like if he crashed against a wall or something until he got that pig-face.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~