Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 10:28 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Datamined storyline for Zandalar.

Interesting points:

-While rescuing Saurfang, the Horde player finds and frees Princess Talanji and Zul. This is why the Zandalari stop their attempts to fight the Horde from Cata and MoP, Rastakhan feels personally indebted to the Horde player for rescuing his daughter.
So did the Alliance just casually kidnap zandalar trolls or were the zandalari still at total war against the Alliance and Horde since Pandaria until now?

Also, I don't like one bit the fact that G'huun seems to be an Old God. So much for Chronicle having any kind of definitive lore.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
So did the Alliance just casually kidnap zandalar trolls or were the zandalari still at total war against the Alliance and Horde since Pandaria until now?
I don't see any reason not to capture a Zandalari on sight after all they did, honestly.
Quote:
Also, I don't like one bit the fact that G'huun seems to be an Old God. So much for Chronicle having any kind of definitive lore.
Back at Blizzcon they said he was a titan experiment gone wrong. I'm hoping that's actually what it is; this is just PH text describing a cinematic, not someone's actual dialogue, after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said that my immediate reaction to that sethrak civil war bit wasn't a slight disappointment. Feels a bit like Mantid Empire vs. Klaxxi 2.0 and like the majority of storylines in the expansion is being tied to Old Gods.

Then again, this is obviously all just based on datamined text and could change drastically whenever Blizzard feels like it, so hopefully things will turn out a bit more interesting by the time it actually goes live.
The drust better not be Old God in any way. I want some variety in what we're fighting.

Last edited by Asterisk; 01-27-2018 at 10:37 AM..
Old 01-27-2018, 10:41 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Saving Zul's daughter from Stormwind is random as hell. The Horde didn't need something as forced as that to ally with the Zandalari. And I don't like how it's apparently so easy to infiltrate ennemy capitals.

EDIT: Also, Id rather the Alliance be helping the Sethrak in the civil war to gain a footlhold on Zandalar while the Horde helps the Quillboar to gain a bastion on Kul'Tiras. Have it be kind of a max-level zone for the invading faction.

Last edited by Trickster; 01-27-2018 at 10:49 AM..
Old 01-27-2018, 11:10 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Dont really understand why zul would be against allying with the horde.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:22 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Like all the recent villains that aren't part of the Legion or the Mogu, he serves the Old Gods.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:34 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
As Asterisk said, according to a Blizzplanet interview with Jeremy Feasel, G'huun was accidentally created by a titan experiment, meaning that it wasn't one of the original Old Gods that landed on Azeroth and thus doesn't contradict Chronicle.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth

And to be honest, even if it was one of the original Old Gods I wouldn't consider it as contradicting Chronicle since the book never actually directly specifies how many Old Gods there originally were. It only vaguely describes a group of Old Gods landing on Azeroth and names Y'Shaarj. A number of pages later it also names C'Thun, N'Zoth, and Yogg-Saron, but it never states anything like "Four Old Gods ruled over Azeroth", meaning it technically still leaves the door open for there having been other Azerothian Old Gods we don't know about.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 01-27-2018 at 11:40 AM..
Old 01-27-2018, 11:40 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I wouldn't mind a heavy Old God theme as long as they actually advance the story this time. How long's N'Zoth been a thing without ANY kind of pay off?

(Also i don't like the Void Stuff. Their color theme crap is worse for my colorblind eyes than the Legion color scheme...)

Edit: I'm currently levelling a new Warrior from 1 to max. 1 to 20 was pretty equal to before, very fast. It's around level 25 that i first really noticed the heirloom nerf. I'm 28 now and not really noticing the XP nerf but i don't expect that to really hit me before level 45 which is where the Old World fatigue usually hits me; then again the zone scaling will make that A LOT less of an issue. It's a fantastic feature judged without the accompanying nerf-bullshit.
What's really annoying me (despite the XP nerf) is the increased mob health. Nerfing Heirlooms... i could live with that but the increased mob health is just pointless. They're not HARDER to kill now, even post-nerf. It just TAKES longer. They're not more engaging because of it (outside of Dungeons, which the new XP system is screwing over in terms of fast levelling anyway), you just press the same three buttons a couple times more than before.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 01-27-2018 at 12:06 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
As Asterisk said, according to a Blizzplanet interview with Jeremy Feasel, G'huun was accidentally created by a titan experiment, meaning that it wasn't one of the original Old Gods that landed on Azeroth and thus doesn't contradict Chronicle.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth

And to be honest, even if it was one of the original Old Gods I wouldn't consider it as contradicting Chronicle since the book never actually directly specifies how many Old Gods there originally were. It only vaguely describes a group of Old Gods landing on Azeroth and names Y'Shaarj. A number of pages later it also names C'Thun, N'Zoth, and Yogg-Saron, but it never states anything like "Four Old Gods ruled over Azeroth", meaning it technically still leaves the door open for there having been other Azerothian Old Gods we don't know about.
What's the consensus on what Xal'atath is ?
Old 01-27-2018, 12:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
What's the consensus on what Xal'atath is ?
The priest lore book thinks she's either a claw from Y'shaarj or a piece of a fifth Old God that was weaker than the others and consumed by them early on. Neither theory is ever definitively answered.

I have to disagree with Pepe about more Old Gods not contradicting Chronicle. While it's true it doesn't explicitly say only four landed, what it does do is show us a map of their territories and the entire continent is dominated by the four we know now with no unclaimed land for more to have owned.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:24 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
The priest lore book thinks she's either a claw from Y'shaarj or a piece of a fifth Old God that was weaker than the others and consumed by them early on. Neither theory is ever definitively answered.

I have to disagree with Pepe about more Old Gods not contradicting Chronicle. While it's true it doesn't explicitly say only four landed, what it does do is show us a map of their territories and the entire continent is dominated by the four we know now with no unclaimed land for more to have owned.
Chronicle also says, however, that pre-sundering Kalimdor wasn't Azeroth's only continent. So there could be other Old Gods on those continents. Though that wouldn't help in this case since Zandalar was part of pre-sundering Kalimdor.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:38 PM

Elune

Wow! Blizzard put a lot of love and effort in the new human models and it shows! Really showing off the unlimited possibilities of the Unified Player Model and what they can really do with it! Skinny human male and Amy Schumer female really look awesome and not deformed or creepy at all!
Old 01-27-2018, 12:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Chronicle also says, however, that pre-sundering Kalimdor wasn't Azeroth's only continent. So there could be other Old Gods on those continents. Though that wouldn't help in this case since Zandalar was part of pre-sundering Kalimdor.
Well in G'huun's case, as Pepe linked he was an experiment of the titans gone wrong.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
zul is allied with the blood troll that are trying to free that creature related to the old god.

clearly zul is in the nzoth payroll
Old 01-27-2018, 02:25 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Continuing off the 4.1 trailer he strikes me as a troll supremacist who wanted the world to be dominated by trolls again. He sees trolls as better as anyone else. Which is probably why the civil war happens. After Rastakhan lets the horde into the sacred chambers then Zul likely gets pissed off and tries to usurp leadership.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
zul is allied with the blood troll that are trying to free that creature related to the old god.

clearly zul is in the nzoth payroll
Has the alliance between Zul and the Nazmani been confirmed yet?

Might mean that all of his visions about the cataclysm and the like were given to him by the Old Gods. Whether he was aware of this or not.

Last edited by Jungleluke; 01-27-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 02:36 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Some zones are working out rather iffy now. With the heirloom nerf you really want to keep up on equipment; unfortunately many lower level zones simply don't give too many pieces of armor to develop your crap. The entire Forsaken early-game area seems to have a problem with that, for example, and i reckon most zones below 40 would have similar issues.

It's almost as if this patch was horribly rushed or something.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:05 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Imo, no retcon is even needed for the Zandalari.
I see no retcon.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:09 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

leveling as arcane mage is fun with these changes.

you basically oneshot stuff and then drink rinse and repeat
Old 01-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
zul is allied with the blood troll
I don't think this is true. I certainly haven't heard anything about that.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:52 PM

Loremaster

Quote:

All that map really does is establish the state of things when the Pantheon arrived. There could easily have been additional Old Gods before then with their own territories who were slain or absorbed by the four who fought the Keepers and titan-forged, with each defeated Old God's territory being absorbed along with them. Hell, maybe even a few little ones got bumped off by the Elemental Lords before their defeat.

I still think it's notable that while Yogg-Saron and C'thun are just generally defined as having a whole lot of innumerable appendages and sensory organs in general, Y'shaarj specifically has seven heads. Not one, or a million, or however many he decides to have at any given time, but seven in particular. That's kinda strangely specific when Old Gods seem able to just generally cause any body parts to spawn from themselves anywhere on their bodies in whatever quantity they want. It's almost like maybe each head could have been something else before it was part of him. Like maybe Y'shaarj could have consumed six weaker Old Gods, with each one becoming a distinguishable part of his mass with its own associated head.

We know there were chunks of Y'shaarj splattered all over the place after his extraction, so maybe in addition to his heart the Keepers (most likely Ra and his southern expedition) could have found another sizable chunk, experimented on it in an attempt to purge Y'shaarj's essence, and succeeded only to realize the piece was from another Old God he'd assimilated and all they'd really done was free one horror from the corruption of another.

Last edited by ARM3481; 01-27-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 04:35 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
My'thix sounds like Kith'ix, probably a C'thrax from the Troll-Aqir war. Urgh, now the snake people are crazy old god cultists too.
Some of them are cultists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:39 PM

Warden

Wasn't the number 7 used with the heads as a reference to the 7 Sha? Said even in interviews if I remember right.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:57 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Saving Zul's daughter from Stormwind is random as hell. The Horde didn't need something as forced as that to ally with the Zandalari. And I don't like how it's apparently so easy to infiltrate ennemy capitals.

EDIT: Also, Id rather the Alliance be helping the Sethrak in the civil war to gain a footlhold on Zandalar while the Horde helps the Quillboar to gain a bastion on Kul'Tiras. Have it be kind of a max-level zone for the invading faction.
First worgen now snakes? You wanna take all the animals sacred to the horde? BAH Sethrak should be on Horde, they're a burgeoning power descended from a snake loa, they don't fit Alliance

The concept of working with a native group to gain a foothold is really good though in and of itself

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-27-2018, 05:28 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
First worgen now snakes? You wanna take all the animals sacred to the horde? BAH Sethrak should be on Horde, they're a burgeoning power descended from a snake loa, they don't fit Alliance
"Sacred to the Horde?" Only trolls give a damn about snakes, and since they basically worship any animal that happens to have a loa to its name, that hardly makes snakes particularly "theirs" in that regard.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:47 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
"Sacred to the Horde?" Only trolls give a damn about snakes, and since they basically worship any animal that happens to have a loa to its name, that hardly makes snakes particularly "theirs" in that regard.
It's supposed to be the darkspear [perhaps gurubashi in general] thing, while the Amani are more about birds

Moreover they're still a rising empire, descended from a troll god

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft