Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 06:18 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

so how are we gonna get forest, sand and frost trolls as future allied races for horde? (i mean come on they wouldnt join the alliance now would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I don't think this is true. I certainly haven't heard anything about that.
You know it is particulary funny when you trust Rhllor more than me, considering several facts.

Rhllor shitposts more than me. That is quite a known fact.

ps the stuff he says is nowhere to be found nor suggested, aside from "Well he aint allied to the burning legion and since there re only two things that makes you """""Evil""""" in wow is if you are either trying to destroy the world or corrupt it, Those two cases are quite obvious, as it is either you are Void lord affiliated or Burning legion.

Last edited by Gurzog; 01-27-2018 at 06:41 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 06:41 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
First worgen now snakes? You wanna take all the animals sacred to the horde? BAH Sethrak should be on Horde, they're a burgeoning power descended from a snake loa, they don't fit Alliance

The concept of working with a native group to gain a foothold is really good though in and of itself
Could also be the fox guys.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
-While rescuing Saurfang, the Horde player finds and frees Princess Talanji and Zul. This is why the Zandalari stop their attempts to fight the Horde from Cata and MoP, Rastakhan feels personally indebted to the Horde player for rescuing his daughter.
So the Alliance somehow had Zul too? Huh.

Quote:
-The Sethrak are in the middle of a civil war. The evil ones are trying to resurrect something called My'thix. It's implied to be either an Aqir or a Old God creation. The Horde allies with the good sethrak.
Setup for allied race there, perhaps.

So long as this means Vulpera end up Alliance, I'm happy
Old 01-27-2018, 08:34 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Could also be the fox guys.
That could work, Gilneans kinda give the 'fox hunt' vibe though so that might be a tad awkward at times.

In all seriousness though, it seems the Horde is getting saddled with the Vulpera for some reason.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-27-2018, 08:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
That could work, Gilneans kinda give the 'fox hunt' vibe though so that might be a tad awkward at times.

In all seriousness though, it seems the Horde is getting saddled with the Vulpera for some reason.
Could lead to some fun interactions too.

And are they? Has there been anything about them working with the vulpera? I'm still catching up on stuff but IGoD mentions the Horde siding with the snake dudes, and nothing about vulpera.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:10 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Wow! Blizzard put a lot of love and effort in the new human models and it shows! Really showing off the unlimited possibilities of the Unified Player Model and what they can really do with it! Skinny human male and Amy Schumer female really look awesome and not deformed or creepy at all!
See, i love the "fat" human models (they're more "pudgy" than anything else) and while i think they look derpy as fuck i appreciate the variety comming with skinny humans (finally), provided they actually become playable at some point. Meaning i have legit no idea if you're joking or not XD

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 01-27-2018 at 09:19 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 09:11 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Could lead to some fun interactions too.

And are they? Has there been anything about them working with the vulpera? I'm still catching up on stuff but IGoD mentions the Horde siding with the snake dudes, and nothing about vulpera.
The Vulpera are listed as a reputation faction, though it's not 100% clear if they're Horde or neutral.

By the way, all the reuptation factions datamined so far are:

-Nazmir Expedition

-House Proudmoore

-Tortollan Seekers

-House Waycrest

-Vulpera

-House Stormsong

-Nazmir Expedition (Yes, there are two factions called this. I assume it's a typo)

-Voice of Azeroth

-War Effort (Alliance)

-War Effort (Horde)

Also, zandalari trolls have tattoos as part of their customization options. Void elves and I guess dark iron dwarves really are standing out as the only allied races to not have them.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 01-27-2018 at 09:16 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 09:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The Vulpera are listed as a reputation faction, though it's not 100% clear if they're Horde or neutral.

Also, zandalari trolls have tattoos as part of their customization options. Void elves and I guess dark iron dwarves really are standing out as the only allied races to not have them.
Ah missed that, thanks.

Hm, will still hold out hope.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:07 PM

Arch-Druid

I'm pretty sure I saw a Pterrordax Training reputation too, which combined with the like 12 different colors of pterrordax mounts makes me think of the cloud serpent raising from MoP.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw a Pterrordax Training reputation too, which combined with the like 12 different colors of pterrordax mounts makes me think of the cloud serpent raising from MoP.
I'm hoping that also means we see Pterrordax hatchling battle pets.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
I remember seeing some strings or something about pterrodax hatchling having grown, so yeah its likely we raise our own.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:20 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Zandalar does seem to have more variety than Kul'Tiras so far. It has trolls, fox dudes and snake dudes while the other only seems to have humans. More variety in the zones too (jungle, desert and swamp vs mountainous forest, creepy forest and plains). I still think Kul'Tiras has more potential, but I hope we get more variety in Kul'Tiras.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:38 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Hmm, House Waycrest and Stormsong reputations imply that not all Waycrest nor all sea worshippers are evil. Yay!

Just gotta exterminate House Ashvane.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:48 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Zandalar does seem to have more variety than Kul'Tiras so far. It has trolls, fox dudes and snake dudes while the other only seems to have humans. More variety in the zones too (jungle, desert and swamp vs mountainous forest, creepy forest and plains). I still think Kul'Tiras has more potential, but I hope we get more variety in Kul'Tiras.
Kul'Tiras also has quilboar and the remnants of the drust. And troggs, but they're not really a civilization.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:18 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Kul'Tiras also has quilboar and the remnants of the drust. And troggs, but they're not really a civilization.
Yeah but it doesn't look like we'll interact much with theses aside from killing them. And the Quillboar aren't really new (and do feel kinda out of place imo). So yeah, it's just that Kul'Tiras seem to be a lot about things we saw before (Quillboar, Troggs, Nagas) while Zandalar appears to be packed with new stuff (Fox, Sethrak). Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it's done well for Kul'Tiras, it might even be a lot better.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:40 AM

World Builder

Quote:
I imagine we'll see more for Kul'tiras in the first patch, they seem like a natural fit to fight naga and old gods.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-28-2018, 12:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
See, i love the "fat" human models (they're more "pudgy" than anything else) and while i think they look derpy as fuck i appreciate the variety comming with skinny humans (finally), provided they actually become playable at some point. Meaning i have legit no idea if you're joking or not XD
I was being sarcastic, of course. Something about both models looks horribly off and I can't put my finger on it.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:19 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I was being sarcastic, of course. Something about both models looks horribly off and I can't put my finger on it.
I do. As a fat slob myself i can tell you that the overweight humans don't have enough meat on them for their bellies, and the faces are too regular for stocky or fat characters. It's a start (should they even BE planned as playable) and if i ever play Alliance again i'll play one, but it's not realistic. (Speaking of which, they also look way more cartoony than most other player character models.)
The thin humans, well, at least the male ones are reskinned Forsaken. FEMALE Forsaken, if i see that right. Check the side profile.

As a result they're not only way too thin, they also subconsciously remind you of the Forsaken. (Human Content belongs to the Forsaken, now and forever.)
Old 01-28-2018, 04:34 AM

Eternal

So the Nightborne joining the Horde is all Tyrande's fault. I approve.
Send an actual diplomat next time!
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-28-2018, 06:04 AM

Arch-Druid

With Varian dead, there was nobody left to hush her.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:04 AM

Banished

You know they will set up themselves for major disappointment if they postpone the allied races.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:25 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
So the Nightborne joining the Horde is all Tyrande's fault. I approve.
Send an actual diplomat next time!
That's one of the most retarded explanations in WoW I saw. Tyrande is careful to trust obviously traitor-themed elves? It's her fault of Nightborne joining Horde.

It's like SJW generation: my terrible choices are fault of something completely unrelated.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:28 AM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
You know they will set up themselves for major disappointment if they postpone the allied races.
If they don't work a little more in the models I hope they push back the release date, MMO champion just posted the model viewer of the Nightborne and well, they look great, they have earrings and face decorations (even the male ones) but they lack the same thing most of the other allied races lack, skin colors and faces.

Altho the way different faces work is by merging a face position animation specific for the face with the rest of whatever animation the character is doing, what I mean by this is that in Wowhead/MMOchamp or the model viewer you can't see the different faces correctly, but again...we have videos of sandboxes playing the allied races and they have the same face, so I don't know, if they release the pre-order with the allied races next week I hope they release a little patch with fixes for the races.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
If they don't work a little more in the models I hope they push back the release date, MMO champion just posted the model viewer of the Nightborne and well, they look great, they have earrings and face decorations (even the male ones) but they lack the same thing most of the other allied races lack, skin colors and faces.

Altho the way different faces work is by merging a face position animation specific for the face with the rest of whatever animation the character is doing, what I mean by this is that in Wowhead/MMOchamp or the model viewer you can't see the different faces correctly, but again...we have videos of sandboxes playing the allied races and they have the same face, so I don't know, if they release the pre-order with the allied races next week I hope they release a little patch with fixes for the races.

kind of fine with them releasing it next week and fixing it later (before the expansion) aside from that. Its just the nightborne that have problems right?
Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I do. As a fat slob myself i can tell you that the overweight humans don't have enough meat on them for their bellies, and the faces are too regular for stocky or fat characters. It's a start (should they even BE planned as playable) and if i ever play Alliance again i'll play one, but it's not realistic.
Ehm, it is more or less realistic (for a cartoony game like WoW is), the issue is that people do not realize they are not fat, they are endomorph muscular with an average amount of fat covering their already large abdominal muscles. Hence my past "strongman" comparison. I know a guy from my gym who looks nearly exactly like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPlayer View Post
That's one of the most retarded explanations in WoW I saw. Tyrande is careful to trust obviously traitor-themed elves? It's her fault of Nightborne joining Horde.

It's like SJW generation: my terrible choices are fault of something completely unrelated.
I wouldn't really go this way if I were you, spidey is one of local progressive members.

Last edited by Marthen; 01-28-2018 at 07:51 AM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft