Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalenvor View Post
I was more thinking along the lines of all of the above. Surprise that he was so badly burned and surprise that he was suddenly free and (aside from the burned part) fine.
Yeah it is weird. But Tirion is right there, in front of the Frozen Throne.

Hmmm... maybe he didn't know the burning man chained up was Bolvar? And that only after Bolvar spoke he realized it?

Hmmm...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Chimaera

I honestly dont get much of what's going on in the video myself. I mean really it looks unfinished or like it's missing a piece or something... I mean I know it follows up and concludes the battle itself but I can't imagine the fight explaining all of the questions the video left unaswered... gah, I dunno, I guess I still just have a bad taste in my mouth overall about that video... I can't bring myself to like it but I can't bring my self to hate it either
Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I'm not so sure that Deathwing can turn into a sexy human anymore. At least not in the condition he's in now. You know, going all apeshit on the world "RaaaWrrR Ima devour aZroth! PheaR MeH!11!!11!1!!!111!!" And even if he kept that ability, I doubt he would want to use the disguise of a "handsome man" nowadays, more likely something grotesque in order to sow fear and despair in the hearts of those who dare look at him.
This isn't some Harry Potter story where the bad guy has used a spell to change his appearance so many times it became permament. Deathwing's a pro with magic and his insanity shouldn't effect the outcome of his appearance or the armor he would wear as an human. =p
Old 02-03-2010, 08:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
This isn't some Harry Potter story where the bad guy has used a spell to change his appearance so many times it became permament.
Such thing never happened in Harry Potter.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
This isn't some Harry Potter story where the bad guy has used a spell to change his appearance so many times it became permament. Deathwing's a pro with magic and his insanity shouldn't effect the outcome of his appearance or the armor he would wear as an human. =p
But his insanity should at least affect the way he wants to look. Is there any reason for him to camouflage as a handsome human now when he practically exploded into the world and made his presence known to anyone? The handsome human disguise was used back in the days when he wanted to infiltrate the Alliance and keep his real identity secret. Now that everyone knows about Deathwing, I don't see a reason why he would want to look sexy instead of something more threatening to instigate terror in his enemies.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
But his insanity should at least affect the way he wants to look. Is there any reason for him to camouflage as a handsome human now when he practically exploded into the world and made his presence known to anyone? The handsome human disguise was used back in the days when he wanted to infiltrate the Alliance and keep his real identity secret. Now that everyone knows about Deathwing, I don't see a reason why he would want to look sexy instead of something more threatening to instigate terror in his enemies.
Well yeah now that he's out there he is all himself, but why would he wish to show himself as a molten human? I think we're having some misunderstandings here, so lets recap:

- We both agree Deathwing can turn into a sexy human
- You believe he doesn't need to be a sexy human because he's out there, he shows himself as this twisted monster human
- I can agree with that, but if he wants to infiltrate for... whatever reasons, you get the idea.
- We're both happy, now for some Bromance.

Tho i'd think Deathwing would take a form of a high noble-look-alike just to mock the others, who knows truly. You think of a threatening monster, i think of a prince charming in pink.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Tho i'd think Deathwing would take a form of a high noble-look-alike just to mock the others, who knows truly. You think of a threatening monster, i think of a prince charming in pink.
Agreed with all points, except that last one. Wouldn't that be too... gay... for someone who's supposed to be Evil incarnate? Think of Twilight saga kind of gay. Never mind, now that I tried to imagine it, the image disturbed me deeply.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Agreed with all points, except that last one. Wouldn't that be too... gay... for someone who's supposed to be Evil incarnate? Think of Twilight saga kind of gay. Never mind, now that I tried to imagine it, the image disturbed me deeply.

When you can be this pimp, fearsome and badass. You realize how awesome the color pink is.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Eternal

Who's that handsome devil?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:32 AM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
You know, pink used to be a man's colour. Some shades of it still appear to be. Really, pink isn't necessarily a gay colour.

And why the hell does Twilight keep on coming up? I swear, half the people I know who hate it haven't even watched or read it, including me.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 02-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomEvilGuy View Post
You know, pink used to be a man's colour. Some shades of it still appear to be. Really, pink isn't necessarily a gay colour.

And why the hell does Twilight keep on coming up? I swear, half the people I know who hate it haven't even watched or read it, including me.
Pecause it's for teenage girls who like lines like "cave-in of hatred!".
Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Pecause it's for teenage girls who like lines like "cave-in of hatred!".
Doesn't explain the amount of mention it gets on these forums, when I've never heard anyone here say they like the damn thing.

And lest I forget, kudos to Gortrash from remembering this and carrying it out. I salute you sir.
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 AM

Elune

Do these answer your question?

Last edited by Gortrash; 02-04-2010 at 04:52 AM..
Old 02-04-2010, 06:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalenvor View Post
I honestly dont get much of what's going on in the video myself. I mean really it looks unfinished or like it's missing a piece or something... I mean I know it follows up and concludes the battle itself but I can't imagine the fight explaining all of the questions the video left unaswered... gah, I dunno, I guess I still just have a bad taste in my mouth overall about that video... I can't bring myself to like it but I can't bring my self to hate it either
Well there is ingame Cinematics that involve all the characters e.g. Jaina, Sylvanas, Darion before and after the actual Cinematic.

Run
Old 02-04-2010, 06:20 AM

Elune

I am surprised that Jaina and Sylvnas don't say, "Wait a second, we were told that there must always be a Lich King."
Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Do these answer your question?
I completely understand why we hate it without daring to watch or read it, but why keep on bringing up the painful subject?