Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default Orcs are cool

Garrosh is pretty cool guy. Eh kill humens and doesn't afraid of anything.

Who's with me?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

Totes bro.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,716

Default

Preach it, brother.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is online now

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,571

Default

Ain't it the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Garrosh is pretty cool guy. Eh kill humens and doesn't afraid of anything.

Who's with me?
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Garrosh is pretty cool guy. Eh kill humens and doesn't afraid of anything.

Who's with me?
NO! He fall into lava!
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,229

Default

What I found when I was making my top 3 blizz characters of all time is that I greatly enjoy orcish heroes (Grom, Thrall, Doomhammer, Ner'zul even Garosh), while not enjoying the race to the same amount.

In fact no other race has as many appealing characters to me as the orcs. But still some of their racial themes don't sit well with me. For one, their focus on this tribal society of proud warriors with axes, well fuck that, it is time to pick up bazookas because the world has moved on. Second, their honor thing pisses me off at times, and I can never get how it works, at times ranged combat is dishonorable but then its awesome in this other instance, they need to clash with the enemy but at other times they find a similar situation wasteful... I just wish blizzard wrote a book Way of the Warrior - by Grom Hellscream so we can finally understand orcish honor.


All in all orcs are, on a scale of 1-5, a solid 4 in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,566

Default

Not a huge Garrosh fan. But I do feel there is some definite and somewhat unused potential in orcs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Havard Havard is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Havard's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521

Default

I have heard it said by some that he does, in fact, afraid of anything, but I think we all know that such allegations are the result of ignorance or bias.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful
I is not trolling man, like at all, honest. I just love orcs. I love them so much that every time I see an orc something makes me want to hung every last one of them. I, as a Horde member, am proud of my wise and powerful Warchief, Garrosh Hellscream. He's leading us to a glorious new future where the orcs are the master race. That's how much I love orcs.

Sorry if I offended someone with my outburst of affection. It's just how passionate I feel about this fictional world I live in. If I crossed the line I'll just apologize so I can repeat the same things a few days later.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I is not trolling man, like at all, honest. I just love orcs. I love them so much that every time I see an orc something makes me want to hung every last one of them. I, as a Horde member, am proud of my wise and powerful Warchief, Garrosh Hellscream. He's leading us to a glorious new future where the orcs are the master race. That's how much I love orcs.

Sorry if I offended someone with my outburst of affection. It's just how passionate I feel about this fictional world I live in. If I crossed the line I'll just apologize so I can repeat the same things a few days later.
All humans deserve to die. A slow, and painful death!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,796

Default

Everyone already knows that im a Garrosh fan. FOR THE HORDE >:V
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Blayze Blayze is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,043

Default

Gul'dan yo.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Orcs are cool, if you store them in a freezer.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
All humans deserve to die. A slow, and painful death!
You said it bro. Those filthy pink-skinned dogs need to be exterminated, every single one of them. Then put their heads on pikes and put them on display around Orgrimmar for our orc children to see what happens to those who are physically and mentally inferior to us!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Shroombie Shroombie is offline

Eternal
Shroombie's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,263

Default

*insert really fucking creepy torture porn here*
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,441

Default

The spirits of the fallen cry out for blood, and I intend to give it to them.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
Gul'dan yo.
(high fives)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
What I found when I was making my top 3 blizz characters of all time is that I greatly enjoy orcish heroes (Grom, Thrall, Doomhammer, Ner'zul even Garosh), while not enjoying the race to the same amount.

In fact no other race has as many appealing characters to me as the orcs. But still some of their racial themes don't sit well with me. For one, their focus on this tribal society of proud warriors with axes, well fuck that, it is time to pick up bazookas because the world has moved on. Second, their honor thing pisses me off at times, and I can never get how it works, at times ranged combat is dishonorable but then its awesome in this other instance, they need to clash with the enemy but at other times they find a similar situation wasteful... I just wish blizzard wrote a book Way of the Warrior - by Grom Hellscream so we can finally understand orcish honor.


All in all orcs are, on a scale of 1-5, a solid 4 in my book.
I have to say, part of me really thinks that orcish honor is one of those infinitely malleable qualities designed to be exploited by the clever and unscrupulous. Sort of a deconstruction of honor, if you will.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Orks is made for two fings! Fightin' and winnin'!
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,556
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Waaagh!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,545
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Waaagh!!!
HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Shadowsea Shadowsea is offline

Glaive Thrower
Shadowsea's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 64

Default

I don't know, orcs are... quite frankly, they're hypermasculine, frequently act like bloodthirsty idiots, and can't stay consistent about their supposed ideology. I mean, I like some of them, but a lot are just unappealing.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-21-2012, 05:34 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,124

Orc Icon (War3)

Brown orcs are false orcs.

It's the green, it's the green, it's the green you need.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.