Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Ayup. The post-infinite crisis universe only lasted, like, six years, didn't it?
I never was a real hardcore comic fan, just picked up some from time to time, but I honestly can't imagine how people can even understand whats going on anymore. Too much reboots, alternative universe and timetravel shenanigans if you ask me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,686
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
I never was a real hardcore comic fan, just picked up some from time to time, but I honestly can't imagine how people can even understand whats going on anymore. Too much reboots, alternative universe and timetravel shenanigans if you ask me.
At best, they do it so new readers don't have to backtrack reading comics for years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
At best, they do it so new readers don't have to backtrack reading comics for years.
DC doesnt aim for new readers
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
At best, they do it so new readers don't have to backtrack reading comics for years.
That's the theory anyway. Many of such "continuity simplifying events" tend to not work, either because of writers doing too many throwbacks to the old stuff, or because the new continuity and the plans for it haven't really been thought out that well. The end result very often is much messier than the starting point.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Was this written by Warren Ellis? If not, why should I give two shits?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,686
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Was this written by Warren Ellis? If not, why should I give two shits?
Who?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:09 PM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Who?
Influential comic book writer that's not the watchmen guy or the babylon five guy. Does a lot of cool stuff with transhumanity and general high-concept sf.
__________________
This is not a signature.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 05-07-2014 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Shroombie Shroombie is offline

Eternal
Shroombie's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Who?
Guy who wrote Transmetropolitan. You should read it.
__________________
...Place loses all significance...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Blayze Blayze is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,043

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Influential comic book writer that's not the watchmen guy or the babylon five guy. Does a lot of cool stuff with transhumanity and general high-concept sf.
And this.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,453

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
Guy who wrote Transmetropolitan. You should read it.
Eh, at times it just seemed unnecessarily vile.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Shroombie Shroombie is offline

Eternal
Shroombie's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Eh, at times it just seemed unnecessarily vile.
He had some pretty good things to say, I thought, especially on the topic of social justice and government corruption.
__________________
...Place loses all significance...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Eh, at times it just seemed unnecessarily vile.
It was a paean to the oeuvre of Hunter Thompson. When dealing with Thompson, vileness is compulsory.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cartoons

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.