Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 12:20 AM

Default A collection of all cut /delayed/removed content from WoW

Hello friends I want to create a online site of all Alpha/Beta content/scrapped/removed/cut/delayed/missing from the game.I heard a lot of things were cut or are still missing.
Now I would like to know how it should look this type of set.
The 2nd thing and most important is where I can find more informations about this or resources .
What do you know about cut content ? Can you share this informations in this post ? It would be very helpful thanks.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:08 AM

no one with a little knowledge around here ?

Last edited by AndreiOptyck; 02-09-2016 at 03:30 AM..
Old 02-09-2016, 03:08 AM

sorry for double post

Last edited by AndreiOptyck; 02-09-2016 at 03:31 AM..
Old 02-09-2016, 03:14 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

A friendly advice, go and read the Rules and Regs thread's first post in the General forums. it is also prudent to introduce yourself in the Guests thread.

Have a nice day.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:25 AM

Please be more patient and also don't double post. There is an edit button for that.

As for your question, here a few things I can think of right away to get this thread started:

CUT:
WoD Karabor/ Bladespire Citadel
WoD Faralohn

DELAYED:
Accessories (note: we only received a very early behind the scenes glimpse on this, so I'm not sure it really counts)

REMOVED:
All pre-revamped dungeons from classic
MoP Thunderking Treasure Scenario

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Please be more patient and also don't double post. There is an edit button for that.

As for your question, here a few things I can think of right away to get this thread started:

CUT:
WoD Karabor/ Bladespire Citadel
WoD Faralohn

DELAYED:
Accessories (note: we only received a very early behind the scenes glimpse on this, so I'm not sure it really counts)

REMOVED:
All pre-revamped dungeons from classic
Cut:
Abyssal Maw raid from Cataclysm

Removed:
Legendary Cloak storyline from MoP. It had some awesome story in it, it's a pity it was removed.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-09-2016, 02:44 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
It hasn't actually been removed. You can still enter it if you've got a key, and keys can still drop from the daily quest rewards.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
It hasn't actually been removed. You can still enter it if you've got a key, and keys can still drop from the daily quest rewards.
Hmm, just checked wowhead. It was meant to be removed (as in, the keys no more dropping anymore). Seems either it didn't went through properly or things changed. Well, I take it back then!

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:47 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Hmm, just checked wowhead. It was meant to be removed (as in, the keys no more dropping anymore). Seems either it didn't went through properly or things changed. Well, I take it back then!
Blizzard probably forgot to remove the key from the reward chests. I haven't got any from the rares.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Naxx40, Atiesh quest
Old 02-10-2016, 12:14 PM

Problemsolver

There's always the entirety of Vanilla questing, the Onyxia quest line, all of the old quest texts, and some old flavour texts NPCs had. And those few racial mounts that were removed way back when. And the old zones that were revamped with Cataclysm. And then there's the removal of reagents used to cast certain spells.

If I'm not mistaken either Wowpedia or Wowwiki (or both) have the old quest text logs. Go scrounge for it there.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
There's always the entirety of Vanilla questing, the Onyxia quest line, all of the old quest texts, and some old flavour texts NPCs had. And those few racial mounts that were removed way back when. And the old zones that were revamped with Cataclysm. And then there's the removal of reagents used to cast certain spells.

If I'm not mistaken either Wowpedia or Wowwiki (or both) have the old quest text logs. Go scrounge for it there.
Vanilla is pretty much all gone.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM

Eternal

I think only Arathi Highlands and Silithus were untouched with Vanilla.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:03 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Vanilla is pretty much all gone.
RIP Vanilla Scholo/SM/BRS/etc.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
I think only Arathi Highlands and Silithus were untouched with Vanilla.
Silithus recieved an update late in vanilla (or maybe even in TBC?) to make it a better end game questing zone; the same happened to Dustwallow marsh. They were relatively untouched in Cata but that's because they did have an overhaul before.

Arathi Highlands was changed from what I remember, particularly with the whole Galen Trollbane-Forsaken thing.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:02 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Silithus recieved an update late in vanilla (or maybe even in TBC?) to make it a better end game questing zone; the same happened to Dustwallow marsh. They were relatively untouched in Cata but that's because they did have an overhaul before.

Arathi Highlands was changed from what I remember, particularly with the whole Galen Trollbane-Forsaken thing.
It's a bummer Silithus wasn't updated with Cataclysm, though.

If I'm not misremembering there was going to be a whole thing about Old Gods (presumably C'thun) and face hugger monsters controlling the Wardens in Cenarion Hold.

But then they scrapped that and dealt with C'thun in the Comics instead. "MED'AAAAAAAAHHHHNNN!!!!!"
Old 02-11-2016, 05:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Any idea on why Wowhead lists Ruins of Gilneas 14-20 as an Alliance territory? Is that Wowhead's mistake or is it actually a remnant of Blizzard's original idea?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:42 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Any idea on why Wowhead lists Ruins of Gilneas 14-20 as an Alliance territory? Is that Wowhead's mistake or is it actually a remnant of Blizzard's original idea?
The change just haven't made the cut yet.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 AM

Eternal

So the cutting process itself is cut?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
It's technically qualified as one in-game, I think (meaning you can't attack alliance players without pvp tags, even on pvp servers)
Old 02-11-2016, 07:47 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:

The Galen Trollbane-Forsaken thing was the only changes to Arathi Highlands though. So it's mostly (or fully, on the Alliance) intact from vanilla. That's actually not a point in its favor though.

"...For my holy wrath will know no bounds..."

Old 02-11-2016, 07:51 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
So the cutting process itself is cut?
To really understand the profound nature of cutting, one must learn to cut cutting itself.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:06 AM

well actually thanks for help
still waiting for your ideas. as cut content i found a cut content archive from an older version of scrolls of lore with next quotes.
Hellfire Peninsula, Quel'thalas, Karazhan and Gilneas were all intended to be in Classic WoW.

Burning Crusade

Karazhan Crypts at some point. Either in BC or Classic.

Wrath of the Lich King

Crusaders Colliseum location in Crystalsong Forest, ending with Anub'arak in an epic way. Azjol-Nerub/Ulduar connection, alongside the Tol'vir and stuff.

Crystalsong Forest quest development.

Zul'drak raid.

Some kind of worgen content should have been planed, because they were kind of irrelevant, as well as Arugal's revival.

Naga involvment.

Giants should have been expanded much more. Almost no lore about Storm Giants. Sketches of various types of giants suggest this.

Cataclysm

Oh boy...

Battle for Gilneas City BG. Stranglethorn Diamond Mines BG.

Explorer's League and Reliquary involvment in Uldum (AKA Plot). Reliquary reputation faction.

Second Faceless General a la Soggoth in Twilight Highlands.

The entire invasion part of the Shattering event. Ironforge flooded. Dark Iron/Grimtotem sublevation. Naga attack in Stormwind. Something about the Centaur I can't remember ATM.

Vashj'ir submarine Naga dome-cities.

Various beasts like Harrigans, Thorn sprites, Lost Isles animals, Shapeless Ones.

Med'an involvment.

Garona's interference in BoT.

Voice overs for various races/bosses/characters.''
Also this Tor'watha instance,War of Ancients raid ,dance studio those makes the game look like 25 % finished and 75 % cut.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...p?t-18004.html i want more infos like this
also started to work at this site.i hope i will make a detailed guide.also
i would like to know about this wow version from 2001
i would really pay for this version.

Last edited by handclaw; 02-11-2016 at 11:23 AM..
Old 02-11-2016, 01:44 PM

Faerie Dragon

Off the top of my head..

Vanilla:

- Tons and tons of cut content. But a lot of it was never seriously developed to begin with. There's still the old whiteboard shot depicting Northrend and Undermine as being Vanilla locations.

- Beyond that, stuff that was developed a bit but never included would be Mount Hyjal, the second dungeon in Stormwind, the Emerald Dream, Timbermaw Hold, Hellfire Peninsula / Draenor, and.. other stuff. Blizzplanet used to have several pages dedicated to this. The Azshara Crater battleground was never implemented, as well as one other that I can't remember.

- In TBC, you were originally going to be able to use the demon portals to visit other worlds. This ended up being cut. I believe there were also plans for an Auchindoun raid that ended up being cut. I don't think there were ever plans for Karazhan Crypts, however. That stuff was in vanilla and was just left untouched in TBC.

- In WotLK, you had the entire Azjol-Nerub zone get cut as well as several raids: Gun'Drak, Azjol-Nerub, and a Vrykul raid. As well as the Naga plotline in Borean Tundra. The Ethereal / Blue Dragonflight connection was also never developed, annoyingly.. cool to see that being revisited in Legion though.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebestod View Post
- In WotLK, you had the entire Azjol-Nerub zone get cut as well as several raids: Gun'Drak, Azjol-Nerub, and a Vrykul raid. As well as the Naga plotline in Borean Tundra. The Ethereal / Blue Dragonflight connection was also never developed, annoyingly.. cool to see that being revisited in Legion though.
The questing in Crystalsong forest also got eaten up by plot fairies (presumably because even glancing in the direction of Dalaran caused older PCs to freeze up)

Tags
cut content, world of warcraft