Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Post Lack of Threads About the Lack of Heroes in the (New) Horde

Sorry... with the double-post and all, I couldn't resist.

Last edited by Yuber8900; 04-10-2010 at 11:51 AM..
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Sorry... with the double-post and all, I couldn't resist.
uhm what?
You needed a new thread for this?
Are you Reyson?
Im confused!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Slowpokeking

I think he didn't do it on purpose.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Back on topic... here's the problem:

The Horde aren't innately "heroic."

Blizzard took the badguys from their original RTS and has tried to convolute them into a more noble and sympathetic faction, but at the end of the day, they're still led by the Orcs who committed genocide against the Draenei, drank the blood of demons, burned Stormwind to the ground, and nearly wiped humanity off the planet.

So, yeah, they've got this whole anti-hero thing going on.

The Forsaken would rather everyone just die. Trolls like to eat people. Taurens are ok, but would probably prefer to just be left alone, Blood Elves are crack addicted power fiends, and the goblins are money-grubbing little lizards with a penchant for blowing stuff up (adorable, but not quite heroic).
Old 04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Slowpokeking

I really don't like those paragon orcs they made. And almost all the Old Horde leaders are dead now.
Blizzard didn't spend much effort on tauren and shadow spear troll. As for the Forsaken we got Sylvanas and Blightcaller. It'll be amazing if they let Kel'Thuzad join the Forsaken.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Trolls like to eat people.
......Have you rolled a troll?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsund View Post
......Have you rolled a troll?
Nope.

I know the Darkspears "gave up" cannibalism. Doesn't change the fact that just about every other sect is cannibalistic, and the Darkspears once were. That's not the sort of noble history one typically draws heroes from.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Nope.

I know the Darkspears "gave up" cannibalism. Doesn't change the fact that just about every other sect is cannibalistic, and the Darkspears once were. That's not the sort of noble history one typically draws heroes from.
Meh humans came from psychotic viking giants, so what is so bad about some Darkspear trolls practicing cannibalism in the past.

Blizzard has never really depicted them negatively(course they're the only race to never get a focus in an expansion) and they were shown to be heroic as soon as the player is introduced to them in the Warcraft III demo.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Nope.

Zandalar and Revantusk tribes do not consume troll flesh.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Eternal

Really? I always thought that the Horde has more active heroes than the Alliance at the present.
Horde:
Orcs- Eitrigg, Saurfang, Thrall, Garrosh? Drek'thar
Tauren: Baine in the future, Cairne, Hammul Runetotem
Trolls: Venira?. Vol'jin, that troll who was Rexxar's sidekick
Rexxar
Forsaken: Sylvannas
Blood Elves: Lady Liadrin, Ranger General whats his name

And even more that I'm sure will be introduced in the future. I mean I don't think there is a scarcity of heroes in the Horde at all. Wasn't it Saurfang who led the Might of Kalimdor? And isn't Thrall going around Cataclysm trying to save Azeroth or something. So yeah, the new Horde has more than its fair share of heroes.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Slowpokeking

Halduron Brightwing

Is Blightcaller dead or not?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Blood Elves: Lady Liadrin, Ranger General whats his name
Lor'themar Theron, not that I blame you. Not even Blizzard remembers anything about him anymore. He has a scarless face and two working eyes ingame and even the otherwise awesome mosaic. He also randomly became a jerkass in the Quel'dalar event and even his best friend considers him a schemer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Is Blightcaller dead or not?
Unclear, quests don't always happen as seen with the Onyxia event and being undead he could easily recover if it did.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Lor'themar Theron, not that I blame you. Not even Blizzard remembers anything about him anymore. He has a scarless face and two working eyes ingame and even the mosaic. He also randomly became a jerkass in the Quel'dalar event and even his best friend considers him a schemer.
Halduron Brightwing is the current Ranger General.
Lor'themar, lol, before BC I thought we can finally see Kael as a Horde leader and...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Halduron Brightwing is the current Ranger General.
Lor'themar, lol, before BC I thought we can finally see Kael as a Horde leader and...
He's also supposed to be Lor'themar's best friend but in the Quel'delar event he calls Lor'themar and tells the player to be wary of him.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
He's also supposed to be Lor'themar's best friend but in the Quel'delar event he calls Lor'themar and tells the player to be wary of him.
I just don't know why didn't see these two in RotLK and how come they both survived and left their general to die.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
I just don't know why didn't see these two in RotLK and how come they both survived and left their general to die.
Lor'themar was only a guard captain back then, Arthas probably didn't really notice him.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Lor'themar was only a guard captain back then, Arthas probably didn't really notice him.
No, he's second-in-command to Sylvanas.

I really suspect he could also be a traitor.
He didn't show up in the invasion at all, didn't show up during the invasion of the city or the Sunwell. It was him who told Dar'khan where the Sunwell was. He said he didn't know but is that true? Also how come he knew Sylvanas was put into an altar and transformed into banshee?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
No, he's second-in-command to Sylvanas.

I really suspect he could also be a traitor.
He didn't show up in the invasion, didn't show up during the invasion of the city or the Sunwell. It was him who told Dar'khan where the Sunwell was. He said he didn't know but is that true? Also how come he knew Sylvanas was put into an altar and transformed into banshee?
The Sunwell trilogy said he was a Captain of the Guards, was befriended by Dar'khan(Dark KAAAHHNN), and was used by Dar'khan to let the Scourge into Silvermoon(wasn't specified exactly how). Afterwards he became Ranger General and seeks revenge on Dar'khan.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
The Sunwell trilogy said he was a Captain of the Guards, was befriended by Dar'khan(Dark KAAAHHNN), and was used by Dar'khan to let the Scourge into Silvermoon(wasn't specified exactly how). Afterwards he became Ranger General and seeks revenge on Dar'khan.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burning...istory-be.html
Lor’themar Theron, Sylvanas Windrunner’s second–in–command.
I remember he also showed up in TotD as a high rank ranger. He told Dar'khan where the Sunwell was, then Dar'khan lowered its magical defense, also told Arthas about the keys so the undead could break in.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
He also randomly became a jerkass in the Quel'dalar event and even his best friend considers him a schemer.
Why do people consider him a schemer? Halduron's his best friend right? So he considers him a schemer? Why? Does Lor'themar have a nefarious side I don't know about?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burning...istory-be.html
Lor’themar Theron, Sylvanas Windrunner’s second–in–command.
I remember he also showed up in TotD as a high rank ranger. He told Dar'khan where the Sunwell was, then Dar'khan lowered its magical defense, also told Arthas about the keys so the undead could break in.
Maybe he was just a guard captain when he met Dar'khan, he definitely was one at one point. I'll need to read it again.

Quote:
Why do people consider him a schemer? Halduron's his best friend right? So he considers him a schemer? Why? Does Lor'themar have a nefarious side I don't know about?
I'm just as confused by the dialogue as you are.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Eternal

I always kind of thought power in Silvermoon City was split between the four main characters there. Halduron leading the Farstrider faction, Rommath commanding the mages, Liadrin leading the Blood Knights and Priests, and Lor'themar. Although the Blizzard wallpaper features him as leader. (How did he get his eye back?)
Old 04-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I always kind of thought power in Silvermoon City was split between the four main characters there. Halduron leading the Farstrider faction, Rommath commanding the mages, Liadrin leading the Blood Knights and Priests, and Lor'themar. Although the Blizzard wallpaper features him as leader. (How did he get his eye back?)
Lor’themar and Halduron both took control of the Farstrider.
Rommath seems like lost much power since the elves knew Kael betrayed them.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Lor’themar and Halduron both took control of the Farstrider.
Rommath seems like lost much power since the elves knew Kael betrayed them.

Why is Rommath's credibility any worse off than Lor'themar's? Yeah he was a bigger Kael fanboy but Lor'themar was also a big Kael supporter before the big betrayal. He was Kael's appointed right hand man and carried out all of Kael's orders pre-betrayal with little hesitation or reluctance just like any other Kael supporter. And when Belf protesters showed their displeasure with Lor'themar, they got mind controlled. So how has Rommath lost power or popularity any more than Lor'themar? They were both caught with their pants down.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Why is Rommath's credibility any worse off than Lor'themar's? Yeah he was a bigger Kael fanboy but Lor'themar was also a big Kael supporter before the big betrayal. He was Kael's appointed right hand man and carried out all of Kael's orders pre-betrayal with little hesitation or reluctance just like any other Kael supporter. And when Belf protesters showed their displeasure with Lor'themar, they got mind controlled. So how has Rommath lost power or popularity any more than Lor'themar? They were both caught with their pants down.
Because he's not that close to Kael. Not given power after Kael went Outland and joined Illidan.