Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Default What if we didn't know Arthas was evil until we killed him?

I know we can play what if all day, but i'm bored waiting for raid and thought of this.

What if we didn't know Arthas came back from Northrend as the bad guy? It would require secrecy on a grand scale, but what if he came back and nobody knew it was him? Wouldn't one of the first rumors to come up be that Arthas went to stop Mal'Ganis and either fell to Mal'Ganis or to this new evil lord of the dead that came back.

IF that's true, then instead of ralling to kill Arthas, then at least the Alliance would rally to fight for the last Prince of Lordaeron.

Idk, i'm bored and the thought popped into my head. I was just wondering what you guys think would happen.

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 AM

Eternal

What if the Scourge WASN'T evil?
And just wanted to unite Azeroth in undeath so that Azeroth would always have an united force against the Legion.
I like to think that villians and their factions aren't completly evil and have a goal or a reason for what they do. ^^
Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 AM

Arch-Druid

heh... well, anyway, what you just wrote (for god knows what reason) reminded me of this fan art: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/communi...index.html#975

brings a tear to my eye ;p

as for the topic, it would be kinda interesting. if arthas, wearing a full-face helmet came back, downed lordaeron without anyone knowing what happened in northrend... it would be kinda cool to find out just in wotlk it was arthas all along. although, that might make a redeeming-fate more probable, and i think blizzard tried to get away from that mindset concerning arthas.

edit:
what roblore said - i was fanficing that aswell. ner'zhul DID inadvertely save orcs from doom. what if his time alone with KJ made him insane, but insane for vengeance? for orcs, for himself, for everyone, against the burning legion.

Last edited by Stackattack; 07-20-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw Complex Send a message via Yahoo to Jigsaw Complex

Yeah, that is a really cool pic. Imagine the state of things if Arthas had listened to Jaina, Uther, or Muradin.

I think it would be a cool idea to toy with; either my idea or Arthas not falling. It would certainly be a cool mod level for WC3

EDIT: Woot, Demon hunter!

'Yea see that purple light? Just walk into that to enter the city. Just trust me you'll be fine!'.

We are Sex Bob-Omb! And we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Complex View Post
Imagine the state of things if Arthas had listened to Jaina, Uther
Imagine the state of things if Jaina and Uther had listened to Arthas.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Imagine the state of things if none of them would have been a moron
Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Imagine the state of things if every character in the lore was perfect and God forbid if they ever took any wrong decision/action...
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
They actually didnt act mornoically, well maybe Jaina at least int hte CoT cutscene.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Imagine the state of things if every character in the lore was perfect and God forbid if they ever took any wrong decision/action...
I could now call you so many things, doubt so much about you...but I shall not and plainly call you an ignorant who should actually by this time be aware that I was certainly not talking about 'having the characters be perfect little do-gooders'

Quote:
They actually didnt act mornoically, well maybe Jaina at least int hte CoT cutscene.
I mainly meant jaina.
This whole...-i can't watch you do this- was...just... wtfh. Each time this scene comes up it feels as if she doesn't give a fudge about the plague and the situation in general but feels like she's wasting precious studying time with this...

Last edited by LilMaibe; 07-20-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Old 07-20-2010, 10:07 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:

I mainly meant jaina.
This whole...-i can't watch you do this- was...just... wtfh. Each time this scene comes up it feels as if she doesn't give a fudge about the plague and the situation in general but feels like she's wasting precious studying time with this...
Shh! I'm trying to think here!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM

Elune

Well, is he still trying to kill me? If he's trying to kill me I really don't care if he's evil or not, I'm going to drive a truck full of explosives straight up his ass regardless.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
I could now call you so many things, doubt so much about you...but I shall not and plainly call you an ignorant who should actually by this time be aware that I was certainly not talking about 'having the characters be perfect little do-gooders'

I mainly meant jaina.
Haha, all that precious rage is amusing.

OK, so what do you propose Jaina was supposed to do in this situation? She's a moron but seems you have figured it all out.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:09 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:

OK, so what do you propose Jaina was supposed to do in this situation? She's a moron but seems you have figured it all out.
Cast aoe iceblock and teleport her allies back to Capital City.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:

they kinda show that in the manga, a lich queen more deadly then arthas could ever have been.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Well, Ner'zhul did seem to protect his people, even in his status. Either I'm forgetting something, or the Scourge barely attacked the Orcs and their allies.All the ones that got hit hard by the Scourge were enemies of the Horde at that point. What if you think of the Scourge as allies of the Orcish Horde(and afterwards Thrall's Horde)?
Ner'zhul is the one that stopped the Frostwolf Clan from drinking demon blood, which resulted in the survival of the orcs.
The Scourge attacked the mainbase of the Alliance of Lordaeron and defeated many of their allies.
The only Orcs killed by the Scourge, were the Blackrocks that allied themselves with the Burning Legion.
It seems that up until the point that Arthas became the Lich King, the Scourge was mostly a threat to the Alliance. It only gave the Horde more allies, who only joined after they got hit by the Scourge(Blood Elves&Forsaken).

It seems plausible that Ner'zhul was fully aware of what was happening and if it weren't for Arthas, Ner'zhul could say that it was all a plan to convert those that didn't ally themselves voluntarily, to get a big army to fight the Burning Legion, alongside the Horde(he could show to Thrall that he was infact the reason that his father didn't drink the demon blood).
Old 07-20-2010, 11:43 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schro View Post
they kinda show that in the manga, a lich queen more deadly then arthas could ever have been.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Slap him? for example. Or maybe just shout at him. Something that shows that she actually cares for him and the people...and not just for herself and her books.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:14 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Bitch slap Arthas, that's what she should do.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 07-20-2010, 05:31 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
She should have flashed her titties. Arthas would forget all about the plague, and they'd have sexytime all night.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:34 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
She should have flashed her titties. Arthas would forget all about the plague, and they'd have sexytime all night.
I don't see a flaw in this plan.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
I don't see a flaw in this plan.
Can "love" truly change what a person might do?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
It works in almost every hollywood movie, so it has to work for real
Old 07-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Love can be pretty destructive if you let it be.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
It works in almost every hollywood movie, so it has to work for real
But it's unrealistic.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:04 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
But it's unrealistic.
Ok, i wanted to avoid saying this cause it sounds like an attack, so i'll phrase it as a question. Remember, not an attack. Sorry if i sound like a dick.

Have you every cared about somebody so much you gave up something that you wanted? What about giving up something you think you need?

My family moved to TN in 08 and i stayed in FL. My dad told me daily that my mom was suicidal without me, so i caved in and moved. I am a complete opposite of what i once was. I had a life, friends, a girl, a job, money, the ability to fix shit when it broke, and i gave it all up so i didn't have to worry about not getting "you mom is suicidal" and hearing "i dound your mom in the bathtub."

If you really love somebody, altruism is something you'll be willing to consider.