Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Human Icon (War3) S t r o m g a r d e

Danath just needs to show up and we're getting what Cataclysm should have given all along.

Hopefully the Alliance ends up on top here in the end.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:50 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Twelve years waiting this? My dick says YES.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:57 PM

Elune

Human Icon (War3)

Ok, important question. What kind of lamp posts will Stromgarde have?
Old 11-03-2017, 09:06 PM

World Builder

I'm hoping Stromgarde forms a partnership with the Dark Irons or Wildhammer to mirror Stormwind's friendship with the Bronzebeards

Thinking back actually, around Cata's announcement I was thinking Moira would work with Galen Trollbane to rebuild the Thandol Span and try to support Stromgarde as a barrier state against the Forsaken, holding influence in that land would be HUGELY beneficial to the Dark Irons...

But now... I'm wondering if we might not see...

Stormwind-Bronzebeard

Stromgarde-Wildhammer

Kul'Tiras-Dark Iron

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-03-2017, 09:24 PM

Elune

It's going to depend on how independent and how in depth they go with Stromgarde.

If Blizzard is lazy they're just going to treat it like a generic Human castle. This would be the most disappointing thing they could do.

On the other end of the spectrum they could do a mini version of what they're doing to Kul Tiras for Stromgarde, and really emphasize that Stromgarde is a unique nation. This could be really cool and would be the most interesting route. I do not expect Blizzard to do this.

The feeling that I'm getting is that Stromgarde and this whole area of gameplay isn't super fleshed out yet.

I definitely want to see Stromgarde be its own entity. Acknowledge that Stromgarde is separate from Stormwind, but you could still make them dependent on Stormwind. Use Stromgarde's colors and banners. I want reds, whites, and browns instead of blue. Or, if you must have Alliance blue, use it in conjunction.

Have lots of flavor text out there that tells the player what Stromgarde is about. Hardened warriors, Humans returning to their ancestral homelands, proud, strong, and tough.

I would love to have a fully fleshed out and unique Stromgarde, but I'm not sure that Blizzard will deliver on that. So at the least have unique flavor and history included in quest text and NPC dialogue.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Roof tiles must be red, not blue. The color scheme it's important when it's about the Seven Kingdoms Blizzard.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Elune

Red would be ideal, but if they can't use that because only the Horde can use red then use brown.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:02 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Hopefully Stromgarde is a place the Alliamce can fully interact with, rather than a warfront for Horde players to shit kick while the Alliance gets one in Kalimdor to do the same there.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-04-2017, 08:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
It's going to depend on how independent and how in depth they go with Stromgarde.

If Blizzard is lazy they're just going to treat it like a generic Human castle. This would be the most disappointing thing they could do.
This is what worries me. Kul Tiras looks generic as fuck, and what we've seen of Stromgarde doesn't look unique at all.

Each kingdom should feel unique, but it looks like they're going for an unified human theme, which I absolutely despise.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-04-2017, 08:08 AM

Eternal

It's not like there are plenty of Stromgardians left to repair Stromgarde according to their liking. I'm worried it's going to be treated as generic human fort #9823098509. Hopefully, they involve Danath or even undead Thoras even if just a passing mention.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:24 AM

Arch-Druid

I wonder what happened to Galen's independent undead Stromgarde. Were they steamrolled over after he died in the DK quests?
Old 11-04-2017, 11:35 AM

Elune

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
This is what worries me. Kul Tiras looks generic as fuck, and what we've seen of Stromgarde doesn't look unique at all.
They may not look like what you wanted, but Kul Tiras does look unique.

I never really thought that Stromgarde needed to look as unique as Gilneas and now Kul Tiras. I always just thought that it would look like a rundown, aged version of Lordaeron.

Quote:
Each kingdom should feel unique, but it looks like they're going for an unified human theme, which I absolutely despise.
To me the important thing will be how they handle flavor text and story surrounding Stromgarde.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:31 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Ok, important question. What kind of lamp posts will Stromgarde have?
I don't know what I'd prefer. I think reskinning the lamp posts they used in Cataclysm would have the most potential for yelling at each other.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:48 PM

Arch-Druid

I think you're kind of setting yourself up for disappointment here, Erthad. From the sound of things it's basically going to be a PVE battleground so I doubt it will get a real resolution.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:24 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I think you're kind of setting yourself up for disappointment here, Erthad. From the sound of things it's basically going to be a PVE battleground so I doubt it will get a real resolution.
The sense that I got is that we would be getting more of these as the patches continued and that they'd be an update to the faction war story.

I got the feeling that it wasn't very fleshed out at the moment, but I can't see Blizzard completely avoiding putting story in to it.

Blizzard cared enough to think out story for Stromgarde in Legion during the Death Knight story so I'd think they would continue in that vein.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:14 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Ech, I somewhat disagree with that assessment.

While it's unlikely (although boy have I been wrong on these predictions before) we'll see any sort of full-fledged phased retaking of Stromgarde during the course of BfA, the fact it's looking like a PvE scenario suggests that, while ongoing, things are coming to a boil in the city itself, such that could very well imagine Blizzard ending the expansion with the city in someone's hands.

I'm thinking back on Cataclysm/MoP-era Ashenvale, wherein we all just assumed the area would be in flux in-perpetuity, only to have that curve ball after Siege of Orgrimmar where we learn Ashenvale was canonically returned to Night Elf hands in a throwaway line.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:58 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Even if they continue the story, that doesn’t mean the Alliance will get it in the end. From Arathi Basin, to Galen, to now stopping the Alliance from 100% controlling the continent, I can see them saying the Alliance loses control and the Horde having it. It’s been a contested land for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:02 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Which is fine (if not a bit sad), if there ends up being a bastion of Alliance control somewhere important in Kalimdor.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"

Tags
stromgarde, world of warcraft