Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-29-2018, 10:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

From my time flying around the zones it seems Nazmir and Drustvar will be the first zones opened up for the Alpha. The other zones are much more clearly incomplete and that's especially so with the cities.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:29 AM

Banished

Old 01-29-2018, 10:59 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Is it really a big deal if it's a mass rez? I wouldn't be surprised if he learned it from Velen, and we've seen him, sorta Tyrande, and Whitemane do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Is it really a big deal if it's a mass rez? I wouldn't be surprised if he learned it from Velen, and we've seen him, sorta Tyrande, and Whitemane do it.
Not really that much of a deal breaker for me. Just a nuisance thing for me since it sorta diminishes the story for me. Regardless, all the latest stuff leaked out really makes me excited for BFA. Even if I may not be able to play it, I'm curious to see where the story goes and so far it does seem quite interesting (despite Blizzard's grating tendency of forcing the Horde vs Ally conflict upon us consistently).
Old 01-29-2018, 11:58 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Death and loss is kind of meaningless if you can just undo it.

Unless you get deep philosophical discussions from the poor, depressed footman who died and was rezzed eight times (kind of like Lt. Dan's ancestors... only it's the same guy) and is now questioning whether he now qualifies as "undead".

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 01-29-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 12:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
How are people still getting the order of events this wrong when they are really obvious at this point even without the numbering? The stuff with Saurfang happens towards the end after Sylvanas and co have already retreated. That is why there is no other sign of fighting and there is no longer any large sense of urgency.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Nah, they'll go into the Throne room and they'll get Blight dropped on thier heads (obviously it won't kill them), spreading throughout UC, making it uninhabitable. The last line from Saurfang is ''if you return'', why would he say that if he expects no retaliation or any move from Sylvanas?

Last edited by Azurehax; 01-29-2018 at 12:11 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 12:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Nah, they'll go into the Throne room and they'll get Blight dropped on thier heads (obviously it won't kill them), spreading throughout UC, making it unhibatiable. The last line from Saurfang is ''if you return'', why would he say that if he expects no retaliation or any move from Sylvanas?
It's a vague threat from a recently capture POW.

What, is Sylvanas going to be hiding behind the curtains on one of the platforms personally hucking plague barrels?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
It's a vague threat from a recently capture POW.

What, is Sylvanas going to be hiding behind the curtains on one of the platforms personally hucking plague barrels?
Why not? Order 66-esque Sylvanas would make for a great Cinematic, this is Blizzard they didn't write that line for no reason.

I know you want to inhabit capital city Fojar, but it aint' looking pretty.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why not? Order 66-esque Sylvanas would make for a great Cinematic, this is Blizzard they didn't write that line for no reason.

I know you want to inhabit capital city Fojar, but it aint' looking pretty.
So where are the stages where they use the blight for a second time and Alliance have to retreat? Since the blight stage has already been established to have taken place long before the Saurfang cutscene.

If you are proposing that there is a cinematic where Sylvanas does something and the scenario ends and the Alliance is ported out that doesn't line up with some of the portal and conversation triggers we've seen and there doesn't seem to be any reference to that in the Horde version of events. To me it looks like Alliance stays in Capital City and the player is sent to Boralus from there.

Which lines up with what Blizzard has already told us.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:20 PM

Sentinel Queen

Wowhead found out what entropic embrace (one of the void elf raicals) does. It's a 5% buff to damage and healing for 12 seconds.

Also, new crests for the void elves and nightborne:

Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 PM

Elune

God fucking dammit... Goblin structures sighted in Zuldazar: oil drills and little houses. I remember their stupid quests in the Spires of Arakk: The garisson storyline with the admiral and the goblins fighting the fungal zombies really mucked up the immersive storylines there. At least the zones of Battle for Azeroth feel more immersive than Warlords of Draenor ever did. I mean, Nazmir looks simply fantastic. Mangrove forests? A gigantic hollowed-out turtle-carcass? Lots of ruins and temples? You got me.

But, well... There goes my dream of not having a goblin presence in one of the zones for once.... One of the most beautiful zones even.

Last edited by Jungleluke; 01-29-2018 at 12:32 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 12:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
God fucking dammit... Goblin structures sighted in Zuldazar: oil drills and little houses.

There goes my dream of not having a goblin presence in one of the zones for once....
The Gob Squad is back if datamined stuff is any indication. Though it seemed like they were in Nazmir.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
The Gob Squad is back if datamined stuff is any indication. Though it seemed like they were in Nazmir.
Yeah, but NPC's don't irritate me as much as some randomly placed Goblin architecture here and there.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

That crest really makes me want to roll a Nightborne.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:10 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
From my time flying around the zones it seems Nazmir and Drustvar will be the first zones opened up for the Alpha. The other zones are much more clearly incomplete and that's especially so with the cities.
Based on the datamined quest text, Nazmir is clearly intended to be the first zone chronologically in Zandalar, kind of like Azsuna in Legion.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Doesn't surprise me since they were the zones in the demo.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:19 PM

Arch-Druid

PTR update right now. Around 35 MB.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM

Arch-Druid

I like see sand trolls
Old 01-29-2018, 07:12 PM

Sentinel Queen

I know there's a surplus of flyover videos, but this one for Stormsong's really great. That house at 2:00? Phew.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
God fucking dammit... Goblin structures sighted in Zuldazar: oil drills and little houses. I remember their stupid quests in the Spires of Arakk: The garisson storyline with the admiral and the goblins fighting the fungal zombies really mucked up the immersive storylines there. At least the zones of Battle for Azeroth feel more immersive than Warlords of Draenor ever did. I mean, Nazmir looks simply fantastic. Mangrove forests? A gigantic hollowed-out turtle-carcass? Lots of ruins and temples? You got me.

But, well... There goes my dream of not having a goblin presence in one of the zones for once.... One of the most beautiful zones even.
The Blood Elves / Reliquary are also in Zuldazar, seem to be excavating a troll ruin near the coast.

Also, seem to have embassies for the Amani and Sandfury. As well as Tol'vir boats/tents in the Bazaar, and a Tortollan embassy. Seems like the Zandalari are hosting a lot of different types of people! A pretty multicultural city, so far.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:24 PM

Arch-Druid

I think the tol'vir boats are probably placeholders, but I'm all for seeing more of them so if I'm wrong I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I know there's a surplus of flyover videos, but this one for Stormsong's really great. That house at 2:00? Phew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5M8ZXGDfrY
I dunno, something about the Kul Tiras buildings in bright and sunny Stormsong just doesn't work for me. They fit better in the other zones but stick out here.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:19 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
You know, I wonder if the sand trolls came from Vol'dun in the first place, finally explaining the Farraki/Sandfury issue. We know Vol'dun is used a a place the Zandalari exile their criminals, so maybe over generations they evolved into the sand trolls, the Farraki Tribe. Then at some point some of them chose to leave and ended up in Tanaris, calling themselves the Sandfury and naming their city after their old tribe. Then since Zul Farrak is "nothing but a wasteland" as of Cata, the Farraki we're seeing from MoP onward are the surviving Sandfury mixed with some of their Vol'dun relatives.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Wowhead found out what entropic embrace (one of the void elf raicals) does. It's a 5% buff to damage and healing for 12 seconds.

Also, new crests for the void elves and nightborne:

Subverted Thalassian symbol, really dig it.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:47 PM

Banished

Quote:
There seems to be a single silver hand paladin's tomb on the Proudmoore Estate in Kul'tiras.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft