Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-30-2018, 01:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
It's gonna play out just like Ogmot foresaw. The fleets will clash on open water. Ashzara/N'Zoth shenigans happen and both fleets might get wiped out, rendering 8.0 utterly pointless.
Very likely, but I'll guess the Alliance will still have the upper hand at the end, and will cause major damage in Zuldazar.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-30-2018, 01:37 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

It would be a shame to lose the fleets on both sides.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Kul Tiras depresses me someone factionchange my Horde Alt Army please
That feel when one single Kul Tiran noble house has more cool gothic folklore and culture to it than an entire kingdom. (Talking House Waycrest vs. Gilneas here.)
Old 08-30-2018, 07:40 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
That feel when one single Kul Tiran noble house has more cool gothic folklore and culture to it than an entire kingdom. (Talking House Waycrest vs. Gilneas here.)
I'm not looking for doggy style, i just reeeeeally don't like Zandalar. Meanwhile Kul Tiras is beautiful.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:46 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
That tends to happen when a whole kingdom is more or less one zone as opposed to a Kingdom comprised of 3
Old 08-31-2018, 03:52 AM

Eternal

Plus Gilneas is a starting zone whereas Kul Tiras is half an expansion content. Not to mention Blizzard has come a long way since Cataclysm when it comes to design.

People might complain that Stormwind is very bland and that Gilneas might feel discount compared to Kul Tiras, but these things were not developed in vacuum. Stormwind had been conceptualized and developed over sixteen years ago, Gilneas almost a decade ago. I am pretty sure that if any of these kingdom were developed today with as much or more development space, they would be as much if not more distinct as Kul Tiras.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Also, keep in mind, that they planned to use Gilneas City as a Battleground Map, which didn't work out because you could easily gridlock a faction in some place.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
If we're going by what the end of the war campaign points at, the Alliance is in for a surprise. The Horde get ahold of the abyssal scepter which can oneshot multiple ships at once.
They also still have Derek's corpse which will surely come into play.

It's gonna play out just like Ogmot foresaw. The fleets will clash on open water. Ashzara/N'Zoth shenigans happen and both fleets might get wiped out, rendering 8.0 utterly pointless.
IIRC the Alliance has stoved explosives on all or most of the Horde (Zandalari) ships. Intending to blow them at an opportune time, like when they are loaded to the brim with Horde soldiers and sailors. Could end up as a huge disaster for the Horde... though that would also feel kind of cheap.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Huntress

I like how the 4 houses of Kul Tiras have their own associated color that’s used on their units and not just the flags. It’s a little nugget of the original RTS experience.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:15 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
IIRC the Alliance has stoved explosives on all or most of the Horde (Zandalari) ships. Intending to blow them at an opportune time, like when they are loaded to the brim with Horde soldiers and sailors. Could end up as a huge disaster for the Horde... though that would also feel kind of cheap.
So, just noticed something about that questline.

A number of the vessels that get wired with explosives are manned by mogu and Zulian crewmen. Which means a bunch of the ships that the Alliance rigged to blow might not even be loyal to Rastakhan and his allies when the time comes to flip the switch.

Their whole plan could theoretically end up doing the Horde a favor by wiping out what's left of Zul's traitors. In fact there are multiple instances where the Alliance doesn't seem to know about the unrest (basically civil war) that's going on in Zandalar and ignorantly runs around wasting time killing Zandalari who aren't even allies of the Horde.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-01-2018 at 08:48 PM..
Old 09-02-2018, 03:39 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Thumbs down

iGoD wasn't joking, the main story in Stormsong was laughably short. But i enjoyed it for the most part. Least i didn't hate it. Deffo the weakest one; still got tons of sidequest hubs to do, meaning i'll "enjoy" Quilboar and Horde now. When i find the time, Rep-World Quests on two characters plus levelling and trying to make money with the newly broken Auction House (thanks, Blizz!) is taking more time than i'd like. Then again it seems like the Mission Table is useless for goldmaking now so i don't actually have to level my alts, great.

I'll never get my brutosaur.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:30 AM

Troubadour

I really like these WQs that send you to the other parts of Boralus.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I really like these WQs that send you to the other parts of Boralus.

Me too. I think BfA nailed how capital cities should be: a small hub with huge quest areas around, allowing enemy faction players to sneak around. This allows cities to be much bigger than previously, while still keeping the hub area fairly compact.

I love when a WQ sends me to infiltrate Dazar'alor.
I love when I'm traveling Boralus and have to avoid the thugs in the slums.
I love how many little details are spread out in the "dangerous/neutral" areas of the cities.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see old capital cities done this way.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-03-2018, 06:10 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Me too. I think BfA nailed how capital cities should be: a small hub with huge quest areas around, allowing enemy faction players to sneak around. This allows cities to be much bigger than previously, while still keeping the hub area fairly compact.

I love when a WQ sends me to infiltrate Dazar'alor.
I love when I'm traveling Boralus and have to avoid the thugs in the slums.
I love how many little details are spread out in the "dangerous/neutral" areas of the cities.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see old capital cities done this way.
Agreed. It just makes me sad how few cities are left in the world to be illustrated in future expansions. Right as Blizz hits their stride in terms of city creation, they are about to run out of material to draw upon.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Here's something interesting. When killing Kul Tirans as Horde, one of their potential voiced death quotes is about "The Boatman" coming to collect their soul.

So was the thing in Warbringers: Jaina not just a metaphor for/vision of her father but yet another "death god" entity?

Also a non voiced death quote for Forsaken in Stormsong Valley when killed by Alliance is "Thank you..." which is making me wonder if Blizzard has gone back on the 'newly raised Forsaken aren't mind controlled' thing.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:58 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Also a non voiced death quote for Forsaken in Stormsong Valley when killed by Alliance is "Thank you..." which is making me wonder if Blizzard has gone back on the 'newly raised Forsaken aren't mind controlled' thing.
That or they're mind controlled by an Old God, it IS Stormsong Valley.

Frankly the Val'kyr-thing only works if they deliberately use weaker versions of the resurrection on people that are unlikely to work for the Forsaken willingly. Or en-mass. We know they use their own essence for some spells (bringing Sylvanas back, de-boneing Nathanos), maybe a true and self-thinking Undead is harder to achieve than an enslaved automaton. Might even be that some of the lesser Val'kyr can't even do the smarter ones without the power of the Lich King behind their backs. Or they pick and choose; a guy offering himself in exchange for the safety of his family gets the real deal as he can be trusted; a pit full of Alliance farmers to be raised in front of the Warchief's eyes might get the "safe" treatment.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:20 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
That or they're mind controlled by an Old God, it IS Stormsong Valley.
It's the Forsaken who are part of the Horde army and in the areas where the Horde is attacking the farms who say that, unless you're suggesting the whole Horde invasion of Stormsong is due to Old God control which... actually would make a lot of sense and help the writing of the Horde in Stormsong tremendously.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:50 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
It's the Forsaken who are part of the Horde army and in the areas where the Horde is attacking the farms who say that, unless you're suggesting the whole Horde invasion of Stormsong is due to Old God control which... actually would make a lot of sense and help the writing of the Horde in Stormsong tremendously.
That was my thinking, yes. It's just so completely out of nowhere, the Horde is brutal even by modern Horde-standings. But what really makes me wonder is that the Horde-player never hears about any of this. Almost every one of our footholds in Kul Tiras is a tiny little outpost with no way to support that kind of invasion. Granted, i'm readily willing to chalk that up to the last-minute-revamp but there's an opportunity here to improve on everything. Blizzard's just got to use it.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:02 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Part of me hopes they go back and put some of that "modern design" into improving the core races and bring them up to the same level of cool factor as the allied races. (As in, actually make Worgen as dark and spooky as Void Elves or the Kul Tiran Thornspeaker Druids.)

Another part of me doubts they'll do that, because allied races are being played up as a very big selling point and understandably so. I guess we'll see in the long run but it's no sweat since I'm gonna be playing Dark Irons and Kul Tirans when I get them unlocked and I already have three Void Elves that I'll play later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
I like how the 4 houses of Kul Tiras have their own associated color that’s used on their units and not just the flags. It’s a little nugget of the original RTS experience.
They all have their own distinct culture despite making up an entire kingdom, given how Katherine mentions Thros is steeped in Drustvar culture during the Pride of Kul Tiras quest-line.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Warfront-design sounds idiotic. If they're so concerned about switching sides fairly that you literally can't lose why even keep the scenario? More to the point why lock content behind area-possession if all i have to do to get access is to log over to an alt, or just wait a week?

I don't get Warfronts. It's like they really want a PvE-Battleground, which i'm actually totally looking forward to... but then they go ahead and make it pointless and timegated. What's the point?

Edit: MORE to the point: how does my Ally get that sweet plate set?

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 09-04-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Old 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM

Troubadour

The white recolor is the PVP gladiator version (2000 rating).

The warfront version is the yellow-ish one.

EDIT:

Arathi seems to have exclusive pets. They would sell for a good bunch of gold right now, in the beginning of the expac. Also one reason to have multiple 120s: farm Warfront rares.

https://wowhead.com/arathi-highlight...s-rewards#pets

Last edited by Krainz; 09-04-2018 at 01:22 PM..
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Why in the world are they giving newly raised Forsaken tabards with the Scourge's insignia on them?

You know, given how the war campaign quests and Before the Storm show that while the Forsaken might not be using magical do stuff against your will brainwashing on the newly risen, they do engage in a lot of real life brainwashing tactics, maybe the Scourge tabard is to make them look as evil as possible to any potential family members to prevent a repeat of the Desolate Council situation?
Old 09-05-2018, 06:34 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Why in the world are they giving newly raised Forsaken tabards with the Scourge's insignia on them?

You know, given how the war campaign quests and Before the Storm show that while the Forsaken might not be using magical do stuff against your will brainwashing on the newly risen, they do engage in a lot of real life brainwashing tactics, maybe the Scourge tabard is to make them look as evil as possible to any potential family members to prevent a repeat of the Desolate Council situation?
There have been a couple of cases in the past where Blizzard have added Forsaken NPCs wearing Scourge tabards for no discernable reason. Andrew Vestal in the Shrine of Two Moons comes to mind.
Personally I suspect it's more a case of developer error, rather than something that's meant to have story implications, but Blizzard has made plenty of bizarre decisions in the past, so I dunno.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 09-05-2018, 08:25 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Undead Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
There have been a couple of cases in the past where Blizzard have added Forsaken NPCs wearing Scourge tabards for no discernable reason. Andrew Vestal in the Shrine of Two Moons comes to mind.
Personally I suspect it's more a case of developer error, rather than something that's meant to have story implications, but Blizzard has made plenty of bizarre decisions in the past, so I dunno.
The Forsaken are still labelled as "Scourge" in the files i believe. I wouldn't be surprised if the occasional Scourge tabard is a product of an undetected brain fart or a developer who has no idea about the game they're working on. It happens. Although, as a Forsaken navy officer the good lady would probably make for a nifty pirate, it might be a scare tactic - in-universe. Out of universe i'm with the brain fart-theory.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:27 AM

Eternal

The Horde War Campaign finished. I am getting more and more convinced that the whole Derek plot will end up tied to Calia's plot. I even suspect a potential storyline where the Proudmoore family as a whole gets reunited, and this in consequence undermines Sylvanas' regime and her psychological hold on individual Forsaken.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft