Citations Ruin?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-30-2019, 06:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Citations Ruin?
Journalist in question is Andy Gno who was sent to the Hospital for his injuries. the quick dry cement "milkshakes" are being used according to Portland Police.
It's a highly Alkaline chemical which reportedly causes heavy burns, least so I've heard.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:24 AM

World Builder

Thank you taintedmage.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 06-30-2019, 09:00 PM

Elune

lol. Jesus guys.

Looks like the DNC is cheating again, because apparently they didn't learn with Bernie. Two of the dems on stage have come out and said their mics were cut and not working, with video evidence of one trying to talk with his hands waving and mouth moving and people turning to look at him.... but no noise coming out.

And now TMZ and boing boing and others are calling out a fake pimple that vanishes in the middle of the debate for Tulsi.

People are going to vote for Trump. The DNC is going to screw people again, for the second election running, and they will vote out of spite.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:45 AM

Problemsolver

Oh, America and your blatant racism everywhere.

Quote:
“White people begging us for food feels like justice . . . It feels like a Black Nationalist wet dream,” Powers wrote as he recounted seeing a “white homeless boy” panhandling in a black neighborhood.

“Should I kick him in the face? Hard?” writes Powers, 44, who identifies as Puerto Rican and part of the “black nationalist tradition.”

Describing his reaction to seeing the homeless man again, Powers wrote: “Today I own my anger. I want to snatch his food and say, ‘Go beg in a white neighborhood!’ And eat it. And rub my belly. And laugh.”

“Here is a descendant of murderers who killed our ancestors now begging us to save their life,” he wrote.
Quote:
“The points of view expressed were those of Dr. Powers alone and are protected under his right to free speech,” it said in a statement.

“He remains a member of our faculty. Dr. Powers has been advised that he does not speak, nor should he suggest at any time, that he is speaking for the college.”
I wonder how it'd play out if a white professor said the same thing about black beggars.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:13 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

What the actual fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:48 AM

Elune

But thays not racism.

Power+ privilege, etc, etc
Old 07-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I'm really hoping China steps up this election and hacks some stuff to help get Democrats into power. They can get some of donnie's trade war stuff repealed and everyone wins.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-01-2019 at 03:23 PM..
Old 07-01-2019, 04:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I'm really hoping China steps up this election and hacks some stuff to help get Democrats into power. They can get some of donnie's trade war stuff repealed and everyone wins.
Right?

Especially since history proves democrats get cushy immunity deals
Old 07-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Right?

Especially since history proves democrats get cushy immunity deals
No, Democrats are actually held accountable for their wrongdoing. We'd even get actual protections against foreign meddling and better cybersecurity (which republicans are currently actively fighting against since they benefit from it).
Member #14
Old 07-01-2019, 10:22 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Oh, America and your blatant racism everywhere.

I wonder how it'd play out if a white professor said the same thing about black beggars.
Absolutely abominable, the man should be fired.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
And once again the left results to chemicle attacks.

Oregan has Antifa throwing "milkshakes" that are quick dry cement, which causes chemicle burns.

Also beat a reporter and sent him to the ER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Journalist in question is Andy Gno who was sent to the Hospital for his injuries. the quick dry cement "milkshakes" are being used according to Portland Police. https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/s...06839618502656 It's a highly Alkaline chemical which reportedly causes heavy burns, least so I've heard.
And it turns out that the cement milkshakes was a hoax propagated by the Proud Boys, the alt-right, and rightwing media.

The Independent

Mother Jones

Salon

Truth or Fiction

The Root:
Quote:
According to the Portland Mercury, Popular Mobilization, a left-leaning group attending Sunday’s protests, handed out hundreds of vegan milkshakes to protest participants.

“Several people ended up throwing their 12-ounce milkshakes at people associated with the alt-right and at PPB officers—but most people consumed the coconut milk-based treats,” the Mercury writes.

Strangely, not a single person reported any symptoms that you think would be associated with digesting quick-dry cement (Gas? Constipation? Being stuck in place like Wile E. Coyote trying to trap the Road Runner?). That didn’t stop Portland police from posting the unsubstantiated claim on social media, where everyone from NBC News to Fox News repeated it in their news write-ups.

As Mother Jones reports, the cement milkshake angle took on a life of its own on right-wing websites like PJ Media, which ran the headline: “Conservative Journalist Andy Ngo Beaten Up and Hit With Cement.”

A Portland Police Bureau spokesperson explained the origins of the claim to the Mercury: A lieutenant broadcasted “his observation of a cup with [what] appeared to have material on it consistent with quick drying cement.”

Basically: This vegan milkshake looks like some chalky grey shit. Rude! (And more saliently, milkshakes with weird textures are not an actual criminal offense! Yet!)
In short: "Portland police jump the gun when presented with vegan milkshakes."

Sure, you could have bothered with sources and facts, but who can be bothered with those when there was left-wing liberal bashing to be had? But if you wanna keep eating spoonfuls of bullshit fed to you by rightwing media, then please be my guest. You're adults who can make your own pigheaded decisions.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:53 AM

World Builder

Wow, it's almost like there's a campaign of disinformation to create false equivalency between far right groups who support racist and fascist garbage and people who are literally anti fascist

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-03-2019, 02:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Wow, it's almost like there's a campaign of disinformation to create false equivalency between far right groups who support racist and fascist garbage and people who are literally anti fascist
I mean, left wing politician today literally said people making fun ofcongress should be prosecuted.

Ill trust the cops over left wing rags actively supporting a journolist being beaten, hospitalized, and suffering from neurological damage based on a brain bleed by your facist friends
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
actively supporting a journolist being beaten, hospitalized, and suffering from neurological damage based on a brain bleed by your facist friends
That sounds familiar.

Or, you know, Khashoggi.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-03-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
That sounds familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW42IV3LExg

Or, you know, Khashoggi.

You mean where he condemned it, investigations and people are being arrested, etc?

Anyway, break your bubble

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

Last edited by Ruinshin; 07-03-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 07:24 PM

Elune

Quote:

You mean where he condemned it, investigations and people are being arrested, etc?

Anyway, break your bubble
Stop trying to pimp views for your radical right-wing youtube channels.
What was that line you guys like to use? "Trust his actions, not his words?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/u...-congress.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...after-n1013826
Member #14
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 PM

Elune

Dude, you have a major left wing politician today saying the American Flag is a symbol of white nationalism.

You have left wing politicians saying people should be prosecuted for insulting them.

You have left wing congress members telling black conservatives that they should be afraid of them.

You guys hate Trump. He's already won. You can't recover at this point. You've all gone insane.

The left is an authoritarian nightmare of a party where officials are actively telling people to be afraid of them.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 07-03-2019 at 09:27 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 11:37 PM

World Builder

Quote:
You guys hate Trump. He's already won. You can't recover at this point. You've all gone insane.
Well if that's how you feel

I dunno how Trump's 'won' though

My Worldbuilding:
Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

Sure, you could have bothered with sources and facts, but who can be bothered with those when there was left-wing liberal bashing to be had? But if you wanna keep eating spoonfuls of bullshit fed to you by rightwing media, then please be my guest. You're adults who can make your own pigheaded decisions.
K, thanks for that.
Was just going off of what the Portland police had mentioned. Doesn't really change the whole journalist being assaulted though.
Regardless we'll see what happens come July 6th as there's supposedly another event going on.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:30 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
K, thanks for that.
Was just going off of what the Portland police had mentioned. Doesn't really change the whole journalist being assaulted though.
Regardless we'll see what happens come July 6th as there's supposedly another event going on.
I have no intention defending assault. The journalist, however, was not some sort of bystander though. He himself was a far-right participant in the rally, and I do think that he went there to be a victim, which is a similar goal that the Unite the Right had with their Charlottesville rally.

From a Vox article:
Quote:
Ngo is not an innocent victim but a far-right sympathizer who has doxxed antifa members in the past, potentially facilitating their harassment, and provokes them so that he can broadcast the result. The outpouring of sympathy for Ngo, in this account, is actually evidence that the mainstream media is falling for Ngo’s grift — funneling money to his Patreon and legitimizing a right-wing smear campaign against a group that’s working to protect people from the threat of violence from groups like the Proud Boys.

Ngo was recognized by the crowd, as people yell things like, “Fuck you, Andy Ngo!” He was punched without any attempt to retaliate, covering his face with his hands in a defensive posture. You can see him being hit with a milkshake (a common tactic used against right-wing figures in the UK), egged, and sprayed with silly string.

Footage from the aftermath, taken by Ngo himself, shows his face battered and bloody. According to a statement by Quillette’s editors, the attack produced “a brain hemorrhage that required Ngo’s overnight hospitalization.”

It’s important to reiterate: Beating people up is reprehensible. Whoever punched Ngo, antifa or otherwise, committed a crime.
The individuals who assaulted him committed a crime, but Ngo likely went there to make enemies and provoke the assault.

Quote:
I mean, left wing politician today literally said people making fun ofcongress should be prosecuted.
Okay? Fallacy of relevance much?

Quote:
Ill trust the cops over left wing rags actively supporting a journolist being beaten, hospitalized, and suffering from neurological damage based on a brain bleed by your facist friends
It's not as if cops have ever been linked recently by the FBI as having far right-wing sympathizers or any links with white nationalist movements, right?

And for a guy who claims to suffer "neurological damage" as a result - brain hemorrhaging (which takes MANY months of recovery) - he was certainly quick to get to make TV appearances within a day or two. I wonder what he will do with that $185K from his GoFundMe raising of medical bills. Probably make more TV appearances? It's almost as if he is probably exaggerating so that he can milk his brand on right wing media.

Last edited by Genesis; 07-04-2019 at 07:41 AM..
Old 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM

Elune

I just think it's odd that suddenly the right is circling around a "journalist" and saying journalists should be defended at all costs after years of saying journalists are evil and defending a Republican politician who attacked one.

Quote:
Dude, you have a major left wing politician today saying the American Flag is a symbol of white nationalism.

You have left wing politicians saying people should be prosecuted for insulting them.

You have left wing congress members telling black conservatives that they should be afraid of them.

The left is an authoritarian nightmare of a party where officials are actively telling people to be afraid of them.
You really need to lay off all the right-wing fake news. It's rotting your brain.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-04-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Old 07-04-2019, 11:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
provoke the assault.
AND THERE IT IS!

But she was asking for it.

Great defense.

Also, Antifa is a bunch of thugs and not the heroes. Ever. They are a far left terrorist organization

Last edited by Ruinshin; 07-04-2019 at 12:06 PM..
Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
AND THERE IT IS!

But she was asking for it.

Great defense.
False equivalence there, Ruinshin, though I hope you are intelligent enough on your own merits to recognize why it's false. I said that it was the assault was a criminal act and indefensible. But I am not dumb to the reality that the alt-right has explicitly sought to provoke fights with the left at their rallies as one of the tools of their playbook, Ruinshin, and that it has been done before.

And meanwhile you ignore everything else, including the fact that you were flat out wrong and jumped the gun about essentially everything else you have said so far without any sign of regret or apologies? Cool.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:36 PM

Elune

Apparently republicans aren't allowed to show a spine and go against groupthink. How said is it that blind loyalty is the #1 priority for these people?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8988221.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.abe4ef8f98a6

"We are fast approaching the point, however, where Congress exists as little more than a formality to legitimize outcomes dictated by the president, the speaker of the House and the Senate majority leader."
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 07-04-2019 at 12:44 PM..

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president