Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2017, 09:39 PM

Elune

Killing Nazis has never looked so fun
Old 06-11-2017, 09:39 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Wolfenstein 2 could be fun. I liked the last one they did.

Member #14
Old 06-11-2017, 09:40 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Oh man what? D: That sucks.

EDIT:

I hope it's more a 'Fate' thing, like even though Emily or Corvo fixed the timeline she lost them some other way anyway.

In most High Chaos playthroughs wouldn't she be dead too?
Dishonored 2 implied the canon ending was the best possible ending from the first game, so if they had Emily/Corvo do a high chaos version of the Crack in the Slab mission I would imagine the other's would have been high chaos too.

Though I do like the 'fate' idea, hopefully that's what they're going with.

The Evil Within 2:

I have to admit, I love gimmicky release dates like that.

Though I don't like the idea of Sebastian willingly returning to Ruvik's world as the premise. One of the things I really liked about the first game was that you were never sure when you were in "reality" or a different layer of Ruvik's mindscape.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 06-11-2017 at 09:50 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 09:42 PM

Elune

HNNNG!

EDIT:

Anthem doesn't look terrible.. A bit uninspired. I get major Destiny vibes from it. But... Bioware.

Asscreed looks uninspired, as usual.

The Darwin Project is hunger games loser

Crackdown 3? CRACKDOWN MOTHER FUCKIN 3!

And for ESO, finally Clock work city? Aww hell yeah.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 06-11-2017 at 10:09 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 PM

Elune

You can save her arm and eye in the past.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:10 PM

World Builder

@Igod

A thought, wasn't there an Audio-journal, or a written journal, in one of the Dishonored 1 DLC's that showed Hiram Burrows kept having increasingly bad paranoid dreams and visions?

Is it possible that the Outsider, even without meaning to, affects humanity through the void? His pessimism on human nature causing the chaos?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-11-2017, 10:22 PM

Elune

Looks horrible.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

There was some really ugh dialogue in that Wolfenstein trailer but as long as the game itself actually plays like Wolfenstein I can look past that. So far so good.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Anthem doesn't look terrible.. A bit uninspired. I get major Destiny vibes from it. But... Bioware.
It looks really boring, honestly, and definitely like a Destiny rip-off.
Member #14
Old 06-11-2017, 11:35 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHsLHnHlao

HNNNG!

EDIT:

Asscreed looks uninspired, as usual.

The Darwin Project is hunger games loser

Crackdown 3? CRACKDOWN MOTHER FUCKIN 3!

And for ESO, finally Clock work city? Aww hell yeah.
Anthem looks great... but is this ME1 Bioware or...? The Destiny aesthetic didn't do anything for me. Maybe this Destiny style game is the one that'll scratch my itch. I do love power armour more than anything else in life.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:47 PM

Elune

And who's excited for paid mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim? Woo!
Member #14
Old 06-11-2017, 11:52 PM

World Builder

The dark times are upon us, the times of paid mods, DLC required to get entire stories, and weak singleplayer games in favor of Co-Op and multiplayer.

Save us Nintendo, you're our only hope!

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-11-2017, 11:57 PM

Elune

They're literally mocking us at this point. Remember the outrage over horse armor?

Member #14
Old 06-12-2017, 12:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Anthem looks great... but is this ME1 Bioware or...? The Destiny aesthetic didn't do anything for me. Maybe this Destiny style game is the one that'll scratch my itch. I do love power armour more than anything else in life.
Its the studio behind kotor, the DA series and ME1-3.

Quote:
And who's excited for paid mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim? Woo
Im in the minority, but I've always been a pro paid mods guy. I used to donate in the olden days when available, but as long as the mods are properly currated and sorted so mods cant be stolen like on the workshop, I think its great. Especially for the groups that put out TCs and only use the engine. I think its a great way to support the modding community and I can think of several mods that are so universally downloaded across the ES games that (obviously depending on the cut) it could really be great for creators financially.

$5 bucks for the Midas magic stuff back in Obliv? Deal.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
I do wonder how many of them are left and how many still have souls after working for EA for so long.

Quote:
Im in the minority, but I've always been a pro paid mods guy. I used to donate in the olden days when available, but as long as the mods are properly currated and sorted so mods cant be stolen like on the workshop, I think its great. Especially for the groups that put out TCs and only use the engine. I think its a great way to support the modding community and I can think of several mods that are so universally downloaded across the ES games that (obviously depending on the cut) it could really be great for creators financially.

$5 bucks for the Midas magic stuff back in Obliv? Deal.
I disagree for the most part, but if they do it right it might be okay. They're saying most of it will be done in-house or by "outside developers" (whatever that means). They should have just framed that as "new microtransaction DLC" and I could maybe accept that as it should have a certain level of quality.
As far as player-made mods, I don't like it unless they straight-up fund some of these guys to make things. If they get the Fallout 4 Capital Wasteland guys and the Fallout 4 New Vegas guys, throw some money at them, and give them a contract to finish their projects, I'm down for that. But you know that's not what they'll be doing.
Member #14
Old 06-12-2017, 12:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I do wonder how many of them are left and how many still have souls after working for EA for so long.

I disagree for the most part, but if they do it right it might be okay. They're saying most of it will be done in-house or by "outside developers" (whatever that means). They should have just framed that as "new microtransaction DLC" and I could maybe accept that as it should have a certain level of quality.
As far as player-made mods, I don't like it unless they straight-up fund some of these guys to make things. If they get the Fallout 4 Capital Wasteland guys and the Fallout 4 New Vegas guys, throw some money at them, and give them a contract to finish their projects, I'm down for that. But you know that's not what they'll be doing.
Modders actually start getting paid as soon as their project is approved by Bethesda.

Are Creators Paid For Their Work?
Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones

http://www.moddb.com/news/bethesda-a...-creation-club

What they are proposing is LITERALLY new microtransaction DLC.

I imagine this also gives them a fantastic way to scout out talent for future projects.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
Modders actually start getting paid as soon as their project is approved by Bethesda.

Are Creators Paid For Their Work?
Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones

http://www.moddb.com/news/bethesda-a...-creation-club

What they are proposing is LITERALLY new microtransaction DLC.

I imagine this also gives them a fantastic way to scout out talent for future projects.
They really should have explained more. People are pissed right now because it just looks like they learned nothing from the "paid mods" fiasco last time. Instead, we just have the regular Horse Armor outrage, which isn't as much of a thing anymore since people are used to getting fucked by microtransactions.
Member #14
Old 06-12-2017, 12:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
They really should have explained more. People are pissed right now because it just looks like they learned nothing from the "paid mods" fiasco last time. Instead, we just have the regular Horse Armor outrage, which isn't as much of a thing anymore since people are used to getting fucked by microtransactions.
I agree with that. It was poorly explained. They could have at least said "We have a more thorough explanation up on ModDB.

They dropped the ball on the explanation big time.

On that note.. It's early, but it looks interesting. It's Pirahnabytes though, so Ima give it a go.

This seems like a Witcher rip off...

Old 06-12-2017, 12:57 AM

Elune

Flintlock fantasy is criminally under-used and I'm always a fan of hunting monsters and things. We'll see how it looks when gameplay comes out.
I am annoyed that cinematic videogame trailers are now only able to have indie rock or wubstep music in the background. Why are those the only options now?
Member #14
Old 06-12-2017, 01:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
Flintlock fantasy is criminally under-used and I'm always a fan of hunting monsters and things. We'll see how it looks when gameplay comes out.
I am annoyed that cinematic videogame trailers are now only able to have indie rock or wubstep music in the background. Why are those the only options now?
I actually remember you saying that earlier, and I thought it was funny that the two trailers in my youtube list (there was a third one called Frostpunk that I didn't watch) had dubstep and indie rock.

It just sucks so much.

Honestly the sound track was one of the few things I didn't like about the new Doom.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the new Doom had a very "factory" and high tech aesthetic and the Industrial rock vibe fit that.... But it felt way too much like dubstep and Doom NEEDS heavy metal.

Quote:
Ohh. I also just noticed the publisher.. They are the same people publishing Werewolf the Apocalypse.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 06-12-2017 at 01:18 AM..
Old 06-12-2017, 02:08 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
I don't think you understand what I meant.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:54 AM

Elune

Anthem looks like every other 'epic' open world reveal since 2012. They show off great graphics that will be downgraded fifty times before release, get rid of the UI, have them 'naturally' encounter their scripted 'friends'. They get into some action slowly and gun down enemies with ease using 'awesome' abilities but on release they'll be bullet sponges. Then they run past a place with a zone name highlighted to make us go "Oh wow different areas it must be so big!". There will always be talk of "GEE WHIZZ I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME -EPIC LOOT- BROS! HAHA US RPG'ERS AND OUR -LOOT- AMIRITE? XD" and it will end in an EPPIICC moment that will either not appear in the finished product or be massively scripted and one off.

PC Show stream here.

Last edited by Drusus; 06-12-2017 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-12-2017, 02:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Anthem looks like every other 'epic' open world reveal since 2012. They show off great graphics that will be downgraded fifty times before release, get rid of the UI, have them 'naturally' encounter their scripted 'friends'. They get into some action slowly and gun down enemies with ease using 'awesome' abilities but on release they'll be bullet sponges. Then they run past a place with a zone name highlighted to make us go "Oh wow different areas it must be so big!". There will always be talk of "GEE WHIZZ I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME -EPIC LOOT- BROS! HAHA US RPG'ERS AND OUR -LOOT- AMIRITE? XD" and it will end in an EPPIICC moment that will either not appear in the finished product or be massively scripted and one off.

PC Show stream here.
Marketing sux
Old 06-12-2017, 02:34 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Beyond Good and Evil 2:

Old 06-12-2017, 02:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
The dark times are upon us, the times of paid mods, DLC required to get entire stories, and weak singleplayer games in favor of Co-Op and multiplayer.

Save us Nintendo, you're our only hope!
How's that "DLC for the hard mode" thing going on yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Beyond Good and Evil 2:

I expect this game to be ruined by a combination of Ubisoft incompetence and SJW bullshit.

God damn it.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Tags
2017, video games