Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Tome of Experience Couldn't Find a "Site Discussion" Forum, So...

Here I am.

Basically, I have a (re)quest(ion) for the wonderful Moderators and Administrators of the beatific Scrolls of Lore:

Is there any way we can get "strikethrough", "hidden" and "table" tags incorporated onto this site?

Reason being, I've noticed that it uses the popular vBulletin style/format/program/thingie (much like Wc3C, THW, and many others). Those 3 tags (especially the last two) are extremely useful to me & many others; "hidden" tags allow for the discreet hiding of massive-page-lengthening images & for massive-page-spanning posts; "table" tags allow an unprecedented level of visual arrangement of text & pictures for much greater communication; "strikethrough" tags... Well they're mostly for jokes. Still. : )

I have no experience in this matter, and thus no idea if this is actually something difficult/expensive/etc to pull off. But I hope it isn't (& would be surprised if it was), and I feel it would greatly enhance things around here.

~

Anyone else? Is Triumvirate a lone voice in the wilderness, as a crazed madman in the desert?

//EDIT// - Aw dang, meant to put up a Poll... And it looks like I can't delete this post & start over. Meh?
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I endorse this product and or service.
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumvirate View Post
Here I am.

Basically, I have a (re)quest(ion) for the wonderful Moderators and Administrators of the beatific Scrolls of Lore:

Is there any way we can get "strikethrough", "hidden" and "table" tags incorporated onto this site?

Reason being, I've noticed that it uses the popular vBulletin style/format/program/thingie (much like Wc3C, THW, and many others). Those 3 tags (especially the last two) are extremely useful to me & many others; "hidden" tags allow for the discreet hiding of massive-page-lengthening images & for massive-page-spanning posts; "table" tags allow an unprecedented level of visual arrangement of text & pictures for much greater communication; "strikethrough" tags... Well they're mostly for jokes. Still. : )

I have no experience in this matter, and thus no idea if this is actually something difficult/expensive/etc to pull off. But I hope it isn't (& would be surprised if it was), and I feel it would greatly enhance things around here.

~

Anyone else? Is Triumvirate a lone voice in the wilderness, as a crazed madman in the desert?

//EDIT// - Aw dang, meant to put up a Poll... And it looks like I can't delete this post & start over. Meh?
Just to start off, we typically handle requests like this through the R&R thread, however, this is still appropriate.

In terms of adding functionalities like you're talking about, here's the skinny:

1) Technically you can do some in-line coding (HTML/CSS/PHP) for text like strikethrough. You can also copy-paste that font/table from a Word document to the vBulletin text screen as well. This isn't to say you can inject full on scripts, but if you can CSS, you're more than welcome to try.

2) If the above isn't your style (and obviously ease of use here is something we agree on), inserting new font options is a matter for our in-house Homo Programmus (Warlock, Bolvar, Garotar). What I can say is that Strike-through is standard enough that we can probably add it in once people aren't swamped by their day jobs.

3) Tables are sadly not in the same vein as it requires more than a single button to edit once it's "spawned" into the body text. For compsci friendly users, there wouldn't be any problems (see Bullet/Number list generation in Chrome as an example), but those who aren't aware of things would be forced into a very awkward learning curve.

4) The ability to Hide text, while vastly useful around here, is way beyond my rudimentary understanding of coding, so I'll let the experts talk about that.

5) Other style coding - Everything is a joke, until it becomes useful. Keep on suggesting and we'll keep on seeing what we can implement in the short/long-term.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.