Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM

Elune

I more accurately mean that I have no idea how to do a backstory for either an orc of a dwarf because we lack the details regarding their society. Most notably, in the field of "how do clans work and which clans are there?"

But yeah, zones really tend to do that a lot (though it makes some sense, since you start at level 1. And in case of the orc one no sense, because you don't have to look young). It's generally accepted among RP-ers that you can freely ignore the starting zone.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
"But I sacked Northshire and Stormwind, I marched through Lordaeron both ways, I charged back through the Portal alongside Hellscream, I stood against the Legion at Mt. Hyjal, and I worked proudly for Thrall to build Orgrimmar itself!"

"No u didnt. Ur a newb."
The best part is that this exchange more or less happens again in Northrend, with one of the commanders saying he doesn't care that you kicked Kil'jaeden's ass.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
The best part is that this exchange more or less happens again in Northrend, with one of the commanders saying he doesn't care that you kicked Kil'jaeden's ass.
The Alliance recognizes it's heroes, on the other hand.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:34 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And I RP my Human Paladin as a Gurubashi Troll who follows Bwonsamdi.
Cool! I've seen more bizarre RP's on WrA. But surprisingly mine fits the lore more. : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
I roleplay a nothing, because I don't roleplay even though I'm on Wyrmrest Accord.
We on the same realm!

Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
You've convinced me. Sylvanas shot an infernal, I now trust her with my life.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

I was never into the big hero stuff, i'm more into the kind of warriors who slug it out through a harsh campaign but recognize that with all their training, they're still only alive because that arrow hit the person in front of or beside them first. That's why I play warriors mostly.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:36 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
I more accurately mean that I have no idea how to do a backstory for either an orc of a dwarf because we lack the details regarding their society. Most notably, in the field of "how do clans work and which clans are there?"

But yeah, zones really tend to do that a lot (though it makes some sense, since you start at level 1. And in case of the orc one no sense, because you don't have to look young). It's generally accepted among RP-ers that you can freely ignore the starting zone.
Blizz destroyed the orc clans and it was one of the worst decisions ever.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragemantle View Post
I was never into the big hero stuff, i'm more into the kind of warriors who slug it out through a harsh campaign but recognize that with all their training, they're still only alive because that arrow hit the person in front of or beside them first. That's why I play warriors mostly.
I like being more studious and blowing things up from afar or healing people's wounds. I don't want to be in the heat of things. I would get squished.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
You should read Harry Turtledove books.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

I might be a bit of an odd duck in that I don't see why there should be a problem integrating Blood Elf aesthetics (or those of any faction within the Horde, really) into the pallets and doodads going into the various Horde locales, be they quest hubs, cities, districts, what have you.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
You should read Harry Turtledove books.
My kindle needs a good update, been burning through the Enders Shadow books lately.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I might be a bit of an odd duck in that I don't see why there should be a problem integrating Blood Elf aesthetics (or those of any faction within the Horde, really) into the pallets and doodads going into the various Horde locales, be they quest hubs, cities, districts, what have you.
Having arcane sanctums next to the Horde buildings would make me happy if we can't have full blown blood elf bases.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKnight View Post
We on the same realm!
I'm mostly on Wyrmrest because a lot of friends from the Scryers transferred there when the Scryers started dying. I might go back to the Scryers once it gets merged though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I want to get into cosplaying. I made friends that know how to make stuff and this couple always wins costume contests. I hope they can make something but they are kind of flakey.
I don't know much about cosplaying except that people have to put stuff together from other costumes or something.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
My kindle needs a good update, been burning through the Enders Shadow books lately.
Libraries are still free.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post

Which is exactly why I don't understand what's so snowflaky about ignoring the zone, when even Blizzard avoided having players (assuming draenei/orc) meeting their past selves to avoid messing up people's rp.

Clans aren't really a thing anymore. You can either make something up or go with an existing one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:54 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Libraries are still free.
I think I still have Ivanhoe from 6th grade I checked out of our towns library. They might have a shoot on sight picture of me behind that checkout counter
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
I think I still have Ivanhoe from 6th grade I checked out of our towns library. They might have a shoot on sight picture of me behind that checkout counter
Old 01-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Poor Soldier

Exactly, and unfortunately i'm fresh out of Master Swords

I also can't help but feel Blizzcon would have made me much happier if that horrible Blink 182 shit didn't happen at the end and they had put The Bloodhound Gang in there instead.

Last edited by Ragnahar; 01-05-2014 at 07:39 PM..
Old 01-05-2014, 07:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
So, an elven patriot remembering Arthas's attack on Silvermoon? A human villager experiencing the Burning Legion's attack on northern Lordaeron?

The main consideration is that your character would have to be a "special snowflake" to survive these catastrophic events. Your elf was at the fall of Silvermoon, but she survived, and she also wasn't part of Kael'thas's expedition? There's probably a very low number of elves who qualify for that, right? Tell me if I'm wrong.
In fact, no. Most if not all playable Blood elves were the "sick" that stayed in Quel'Thalas to reclaim it, as Kael and the strongest left their homeland in order to help Garithos. Kael took with him 15% of the blood elves with him to Outland.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 01-05-2014, 07:56 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
In fact, no. Most if not all playable Blood elves were the "sick" that stayed in Quel'Thalas to reclaim it, as Kael and the strongest left their homeland in order to help Garithos. Kael took with him 15% of the blood elves with him to Outland.
Well, that's what I get.

Though I suppose all player characters are heroes and special snowflakes, aren't they? Not everyone gets to face off against so many world-ending terrors every year.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:18 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Well, that's what I get.

Though I suppose all player characters are heroes and special snowflakes, aren't they? Not everyone gets to face off against so many world-ending terrors every year.
We don't belong in this time, and i'm pretty sure i'm young enough to be your child.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:19 PM

Elune

But how many of us get the chosen ones for powers from gods or prophesies?

Quote:
We don't belong in this time, and i'm pretty sure i'm young enough to be your child.
BaronGrackle is an old wise guy.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well, that's what I get.

If I ever get back into RP, I'll do so as Azeroth's answer to Ciaphas Cain.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 PM

Ranger
BattleTag: Eimi#1918

Quote:
I'll roleplay when I can play an ogre with a pirate hat on a boat, so I can sing pirate shanties to myself when nobody is in the house.
I regret that we meet in this way. You and I are of a kind. In another reality I might have called you...friend.

Quote:
"Do they not know who we are, my brethren? We are the chosen of the Emperor, the scions of Terra. We are dominion and we are numberless. We are war itself and the death of all who oppose us. We are Humanity and we shall educate our ignorant foes as to the true meaning of that word!"
--Lord Inquisitor Aedrick Mantel of the Ordo Xenos
Old 01-05-2014, 11:32 PM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
I regret that we meet in this way. You and I are of a kind. In another reality I might have called you...friend.
One could not wish for a better adversary than you.

On another note, i've killed Thok since the second week this content was out, and he still won't give me that mother fuckin trinket, every week I use my extra roll on that bastard. I am angry.

Edit: and no Garrosh shoulders, fuck you Blizzard, in the face.

Last edited by Ragnahar; 01-06-2014 at 12:58 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 01:45 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
One could not wish for a better adversary than you.

On another note, i've killed Thok since the second week this content was out, and he still won't give me that mother fuckin trinket, every week I use my extra roll on that bastard. I am angry.

Edit: and no Garrosh shoulders, fuck you Blizzard, in the face.
NO FUCKING POLEARM, NO FUCKING TRINKET.

THIS RET PALLY IS ANGRY!

I can't wait for SoO to die.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Closed Thread

Tags
civil bitching, cleansing of the tags, crushed dreams, kill all factions, orcs are definitely evil, orks, post here if masochist, shattered hopes, the cycle begins anew