Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 03-25-2014, 08:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
The Templar and the Enchantress kinda get closure on their stories, the scoudrel gets a story that ends in a "to be continued" plot twist, The truth is revealed about Covetous Shen!
Anything about the Crusader or other classes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Anything about the Crusader or other classes?
cain and leah had some extra conversation choices in act one about crusaders, nothing standout other than that yet.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
cain and leah had some extra conversation choices in act one about crusaders, nothing standout other than that yet.
Oh. Thought the Crusader would have more importance in the new Act for some reason.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
Loved Imperius's representation in this game. He seems to have mellowed -just- slightly and from the end cinematic where he appears with Tyrael to observe Malthael's fall, perhaps indicating he's starting change his opinions (He also helped the main character break into Pandemonium Fortress, that's pretty major).

Not enough to not be a dick, but enough to not be a villain. I hope they keep with this direction for him, rather than do the obvious thing and have him try to wipe out humanity.
If Imperius still wanted to wipe out humanity, joining Malthael was the perfect opportunity.

As for the release of all the seven evils, what a plot device to extend the franchise

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Oh. Thought the Crusader would have more importance in the new Act for some reason.
My play through was on a wizard, I am interested to see what happens when you do kormac's missions as a crusader when i get there
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Elune

You people need to play things besides Wizards. And Barbarians.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:24 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
The hero goes to westmarch,kills lots of reaping angels, through the power of plot device it is discovered Aidria is nearby and we somehow know she knows where Maltheal is hiding.
So the hero goes there, sees shes looking at an illusion of Pandemonium and after killing mutant Aidria we make the clearly logical logic jump that Maltheal is hiding in Pandemonium.
So the hero and Tyreal swing by via Heaven, find out Maltheal has attacked there too (because reasons?)and Imperius comes along to Pandemonium with us to kill mobs and belittle the hero, we invade Pandemonium fortress, out of nowhere the diablo 2 sorceress's ghost (I was a wizard I assume its someone else for other classes) turns up to explain the plot, while Tyreal explains what Maltheal's plan is (hes somehow going to use the stone to destroy all demonic souls, which means the half-demonic humans will die too, this is his plan for ending the eternal conflict)
At this point it occurs to Tyreal to tell me I cant kill maltheal until I am between the living and the dead like him, 5 minutes later with that plot speedbump sorted its time to kill him.
Half way through the fight Maltheal shatters and absorbs the black soulstone because he wanted the fireball powerup, he dies, the evil stored in the soulstone is released, Tyreal muses with forboding on the possible future corruption of the Hero, roll credits!

It was all very much par the course for Diablo and I found it completely uninsipiring and dull, the side-quest storylines with the followers (and Shen) were far more interesting than the main plot.
That is actually very different from the original plot. Imperius and Malthael had teamed up to both eliminate humanity from what I was told. Anything further elaboration and I'd probably get into trouble.

Last edited by Omacron; 03-25-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:29 AM

Elune

Eh it was ok.

I expected Adria to be Lilith. Malthael and his undead stole the show. And now we have to fight Diablo. Again... Yay
And Malthael wants to get rid of every demon in existence. Then he absorbs the Evils into himself. What the hell?

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 03-25-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Eh it was ok.

I expected Adria to be Lilith. Malthael and his undead stole the show. And now we have to fight Diablo. Again... Yay
And Malthael wants to get rid of every demon in existence. Then he absorbs the Evils into himself. What the hell?
If he survived he would have successfully absorbed all the Demons and Humans in turn thinking he won the eternal war... Quite simple really he just absorbed it earlier because he thought he needed to in order to defeat the Nephalem

The music is astonishingly good and the guy that did it is awesome . I hope they bring him into other games along with the next expansion. Love that Derek Duke had most of the control if not almost all of it with RoS the guy is just a genius .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
That is actually very different from the original plot. Imperius and Malthael had teamed up to both eliminate humanity from what I was told. Anything further elaboration and I'd probably get into trouble.
Yeah they said all of this on the behind the scenes.. We even got to see how the cinematic was going to play out with Imperius being the one beating the shit out of Tyrael.

Run

Last edited by Ku'ja; 03-25-2014 at 09:45 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 10:11 AM

World Builder

Question

So I'm confused...

Malthael did evil and totally unacceptable stuff and released the prime evils and they're worried about humans and nephalem's potential for corruption?

Isn't that painfully hypocritical?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-25-2014, 10:13 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
So I'm confused...

Malthael did evil and totally unacceptable stuff and released the prime evils and they're worried about humans and nephalem's potential for corruption?

Isn't that painfully hypocritical?
He never planned on dying and if he never there would be no Prime and only a few Lesser evils along with no Humans.. Angels would reign supreme ending the eternal conflict and Sanctuary which Malthael along with lots of other angels thought needed to go. Us fighting back because well we do not want to die is the reason he went to such lengths to beat us.

Run
Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 AM

World Builder

Runes

But he could've just y'know, left humanity alone, it's not like average joe has nephalem powers yet, the angels could guide them rather than murdering them all for being 'deeeeemonspawn!' (lets totally ignore our contribution to humanit guys)

that'd be y'know... the -wise- thing to do.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
But he could've just y'know, left humanity alone, it's not like average joe has nephalem powers yet, the angels could guide them rather than murdering them all for being 'deeeeemonspawn!' (lets totally ignore our contribution to humanit guys)

But then demons could guide us.

also omacron
I think they`ll probs save imperius for his own one. going against heaven itself would be kickass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:24 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

So... how far along is everyone with their Crusader? I've finished Act one with mine and she's level 26, so I hope she'll be at max level by the time I beat up those damned Angels.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
also omacron
I think they`ll probs save imperius for his own one. going against heaven itself would be kickass.
I disagree with this intensely. Imperius is fine as he is, and as someone already pointed out Blizzard seem to have taken a step backwards with his 'going villain'. I'd much prefer he turn back to Valour from Wrath rather than turning into the next villain.

Besides, they've already done the 'evil angels' theme with this expansion now, if they repeat it again straight after it will be... Eh.

Keep Imperius a non-villain! He can still be a dick, and not want to have anything to do with humanity but still help them when his hand is forced (Like Malthael's Reapers outright attacking Heaven on his orders, which did make him go "Alright I don't want to kill him but I will give you the means to kill him.")
Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM

Elune

''You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.''
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM

Elune

the prime evils are gonna say " YOU HAD ONE JOB DIABLO! ONE JOB!"
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-25-2014, 11:52 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:

At a certain point, it becomes very tempting to abandon the project of reforming a flawed system and turn one's attentions instead to the elimination of the system as a whole. Kill everyone, solve everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
At a certain point, it becomes very tempting to abandon the project of reforming a flawed system and turn one's attentions instead to the elimination of the system as a whole. Kill everyone, solve everything.
sargeras.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-25-2014, 01:16 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Daaaaaaaaaaamn gurl
Old 03-25-2014, 01:25 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
I disagree with this intensely. Imperius is fine as he is, and as someone already pointed out Blizzard seem to have taken a step backwards with his 'going villain'. I'd much prefer he turn back to Valour from Wrath rather than turning into the next villain.

Besides, they've already done the 'evil angels' theme with this expansion now, if they repeat it again straight after it will be... Eh.

Keep Imperius a non-villain! He can still be a dick, and not want to have anything to do with humanity but still help them when his hand is forced (Like Malthael's Reapers outright attacking Heaven on his orders, which did make him go "Alright I don't want to kill him but I will give you the means to kill him.")
I actually wholeheartedly agree. Diablo is a darker setting and it deserves darker heroes with flaws and moral ambiguities. Imperius sill being heroic and a massive dick at the same time would be a refreshing change compared to the incorruptible purity of other Blizzard heroes like Tirion, Thrall, Raynor and Tyrael.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:34 PM

Elune

Quote:

Daaaaaaaaaaamn gurl
imperius tyreal and auriel valia?
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 PM

Ranger
BattleTag: Eimi#1918

One plot thread I hope they restore is that in the Diablo-verse, it seemed that the evils were much more united and friendly to one another than the forces of good. Like in D2 you got the sense that though they were evil there was genuine affection between Baal, Mephisto, and Diablo, which I liked. It's very different and much more intimidating to fight a united evil front, while the forces of good are all disparate and barely trust one another. Which is why the whole I WILL BE PRIME EVIL thing never made sense to me, as suddenly Diablo is being a dick to his brothers. I mean maybe I read that entirely wrong, but I hope they bring back the evil being united and good being fractured theme some more.

Quote:
"Do they not know who we are, my brethren? We are the chosen of the Emperor, the scions of Terra. We are dominion and we are numberless. We are war itself and the death of all who oppose us. We are Humanity and we shall educate our ignorant foes as to the true meaning of that word!"
--Lord Inquisitor Aedrick Mantel of the Ordo Xenos
Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Elune

The Evils are more than willing to work together against a common peril compared with the Angels. But they will soon turn on eachother when the threat is gone. Ex: Dark Exile
Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I actually wholeheartedly agree. Diablo is a darker setting and it deserves darker heroes with flaws and moral ambiguities. Imperius sill being heroic and a massive dick at the same time would be a refreshing change compared to the incorruptible purity of other Blizzard heroes like Tirion, Thrall, Raynor and Tyrael.
So more Supernatural, but with less angels on Team Apocalypse? I'm also open to more demons like Lilith, who don't try to screw humanity over, even if it's for their own ends. Didn't she and Inarius have a role this expansion?
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
diablo, rapper of souls, speculation