Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
If Rob Kazinsky is playing Orgrim, then I want Orgrim to approach Lothar and say "I'm gonna drop you like a sack of kobold shit".
Wouldn't "Ogre shit" be more appropriate, as Draenor doesn't have Kobolds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:40 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Wouldn't "Ogre shit" be more appropriate, as Draenor doesn't have Kobolds?
Whichever, really depends on where they first meet.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Whichever, really depends on where they first meet.
True. They might kill Griselda in that mine before Orgrimm and Lothar meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:44 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Kinda hard to see, but he looks promising.
It's gods damn Travis Fimmel, he's going to be fuckin' amazing. Go watch Vikings immediately!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:08 AM

Elune

They better give him a baby goat pet.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:49 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Okay, stuff:

-Dalaran is indeed floating
-Alliance is the actual Alliance. Ironforge was shown briefly along with Dalaran, with shots of dwarf and high elf forces. I think it might be snippets a montage of Stormwind recruiting the dwarves and elves for the war or something.
-Durotan, Draka and the other good orcs have brown skin. The bad ones have green. No idea how this will effect Thrall since Draka is heavily pregnant with him during the movie.
I'm kinda hyped for the movie, but these story changes are really stupid. I understand that changes have to happen for adaptations, but to go out of the way to do bullshit changes like this? Those changes aren't necessary and just alters everything around them!

"...For my holy wrath will know no bounds..."

Old 11-08-2014, 01:56 AM

Elune

I bet they set up Dalaran to be crashed to the ground by Teron Gorefiend. It makes for emotional impact, and a better alternative than seeing it sacked like Stormwind will be. And the Alliance is already established so they won't waste time in the sequel (if it ever gets made) to develop the relations between kingdoms, and jump straight into the action.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 11-08-2014 at 01:59 AM..
Old 11-08-2014, 02:02 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I bet they set up Dalaran to be crashed to the ground by Teron Gorefiend. It makes for emotional impact, and a better alternative than seeing it sacked like Stormwind will be. And the Alliance is already established so they won't waste time in the sequel (if it ever gets made) to develop the relations between kingdoms, and jump straight into the action.
Blizzard has really gone out of their way to drain out the importance and scale of the Second War and they don't seem to be stopping with the movie...

"...For my holy wrath will know no bounds..."

Old 11-08-2014, 02:13 AM

Demon Hunter

Are we sure the talk of Alliance and floating Dalaran isn't in some kind of introduction to the movie, taking place in present day Azeroth?
That would not surprise me, as they would then be able to put night elves/draenei/tauren/forsaken/(...) fan service in.

Though if they are willing to change such important things, they could very well put it in without present day scenes...
Old 11-08-2014, 02:14 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnfeld View Post
I'm kinda hyped for the movie, but these story changes are really stupid. I understand that changes have to happen for adaptations, but to go out of the way to do bullshit changes like this? Those changes aren't necessary and just alters everything around them!
Dalaran already being airborne makes the city more unique I'd guess is the reason.

As for Durotan and co. I think it's 1, so that people playing Warlords of Draenor will immediately recognize him, Draka and others (even for me the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Durotan now is his WoD design rather than green-skinned Durotan), and a way to tell the good orcs from the bad ones for newcomers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagren View Post
Are we sure the talk of Alliance and floating Dalaran isn't in some kind of introduction to the movie, taking place in present day Azeroth?
That would not surprise me, as they would then be able to put night elves/draenei/tauren/forsaken/(...) fan service in.

Though if they are willing to change such important things, they could very well put it in without present day scenes...
Lothar was in the shot of Ironforge, so at least that's not present day.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:45 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

I really like Travis Fimmel in Vikings, but there's this weird smirk he does as Ragnar that really irks me. I hope he doesn't carry that over to Lothar.

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 11-08-2014, 05:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I really love the new Star Wars movies, more than the originals, but that's because I like to think of them as "not Star Wars".

Guess I'll need to do the same with this. Why so many retcons for fuck's sake. Just. Why.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-08-2014, 05:52 AM

Ranger

I don't think that Fimmel was the right choice for Lothar. He doesn't fit into my vision of an old, experienced and wise warrior. A 35 years old tries to play a 51 years old- not a particularly good idea.

To present the "good" orcs as brown and the evil ones as green was a poor decision, imo. Even more so, when Durotan has let warlocks into his ranks and took part in the Draenei-massacre. I was surprised that Kazinsky described Durotan as "wise, all seing and noble", although he was a "Mitläufer" most of the time. I hope they won't present him as "always lawful good", but as a person who made wrong decisions and later found the willpower to rebel.

I was somewhat baffled by Kazinsky, who described Doomhammer as a "not very bright orc"- luckily Metzen corrected him shortly afterwards. I think Doomhammer would have been a far better lead character for the orcs, not only because he is their leader, but because he represents their motives the best. He cares for his people and wants them to escape their dying homeworld, but doesn't care for the lives of thousand innocent humans. The classic story of green aliens invading other planets because they destroyed their own- it would be pretty interesting to look into the head of their leader. He is both a relateable and a repulsive figure- Durotan, however, might be too one dimensional, especially if the movie doesn't explore his backstory and the morally wrong decisions he made. I am not interested if Durotan fears being a father and I am certainly not interested if that is what makes him a "leader or coward".

I wished they would make a similar scene as in "The Last Guardian", where Garona and Khadgar wander through the destroyed kingdom and Garona explains orcish culture and war tactics to him. That the orcs strive for power openly and disdain the powerful humans who want to deny their true nature. That they prefer the tactic of "scorched earth" so that the enemy doesn't get an advantage. That they represent the element of fire the best, because they want to become stronger and more powerful. And that they cremate their corpses in honour of their element.

I want a gory war movie. A movie that not only shows us how the cruelty of war affects the heroes, but also the common folk. I expect high quality visual effects!

And Warcraft 2-inspired music.

Last edited by Sceptic; 11-08-2014 at 09:11 AM..
Old 11-08-2014, 06:03 AM

Drunk Assassin

I must see this snippet of a purely dwarven army.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Eternal

I don't mind certain deviations in the movie as long as the movie universe and game universe can still complement each other in certain aspects.

As for Dalaran flying, we can pretend Dalaran has always been flying around every now and then. It would explain why they were no longer in "cross island" by Warcraft 3.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 AM

Sentinel Queen

Blegh, I was hoping my actor doppelganger was going to play some badass human knight, but he's playing Durotan. There go my future cosplays.

I'm a bit miffed that the stuff they're showing on the third floor isn't on the blizzcon stream or anything. Hope they add it to the websites. A friend is at the Con and security were stopping anyone from going in with electronic devices switched on, so I'm guessing we'll never see a leak from that room.

Storywise I don't much care about potential deviation, so long as they make a badass Warcraft movie. It's not going to feature NElves so I'm already mostly passive, and since it's going to be pre-Paladin that takes away most of my care for the human story - except Lothar.

And on Lothar, I am really confused by the casting choice. I genuinely thought maybe Clancy Brown (because he's massive, and kinda old), but I suppose there aren't many huge, old male actors floating around who aren't Arnie. Maybe Dolph Lundgren? I suppose Lothar has to be sort of noble looking too...

Old 11-08-2014, 08:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Okay, stuff:

-Dalaran is indeed floating
-Alliance is the actual Alliance. Ironforge was shown briefly along with Dalaran, with shots of dwarf and high elf forces. I think it might be snippets a montage of Stormwind recruiting the dwarves and elves for the war or something.
-Durotan, Draka and the other good orcs have brown skin. The bad ones have green. No idea how this will effect Thrall since Draka is heavily pregnant with him during the movie.
-Lothar has a son, or maybe had a son. From the dialogue it sounds like his son died and Lothar wasn't there because he was busy serving in the Stormwind army and feels guilty about it.
-They showed the scene Chris Metzen talked about during the film panel, with Durotan and Draka. The CGI for Durotan is incredible. Rise of the Planet of the Apes level if not greater.
Wow, thanks for the info.
Derp, I'm already prepared to hear that the movie's plot is canon in the MU from some newbies or people who don't care about the lore.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:09 AM

Elune

What's with the fightforthealliance/horde shit? What does signing up on those sites do?
Old 11-08-2014, 09:13 AM

Elune

Top 10 Reasons why the Warcraft Movie is part of the game canon
wow.joystiq.com/

Why the movie is canon, and why you're an idiot for not believing otherwise
mmochampion.com

Why this ''movie'' is sexist and everyone who worked on it/everyone who liked it should die in a fire
tumblr.com
Old 11-08-2014, 09:16 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Top 10 Reasons why the Warcraft Movie is part of the game canon
wow.joystiq.com/

Why the movie is canon, and why you're an idiot for not believing otherwise
mmochampion.com

Why this ''movie'' is sexist and everyone who worked on it/everyone who liked it should die in a fire
tumblr.com
Old 11-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Imagine the movie about the Second War with the draenei, the mogu and, dunno, Iron Juggernaut. I bet Blizzard's view on the plot is basically this -

And then this track starts to play and everyone in the audience are like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
... who put this Hearthstone track in the movie!?

Last edited by Kiraser; 11-08-2014 at 09:42 AM..
Old 11-08-2014, 09:51 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post

... who put this Hearthstone track in the movie!?
I present you this sweet metal cover:

Old 11-08-2014, 02:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
As long as it ends with Stormwind's fall I suppose, and the death of Blackhand is included.
It sure will, I bet the reason they are making orcs more likeable (besides getting away from LotR's shadow) is that when they do take down Stormwind it doesn't feel as such a downer.

Anyhow with these stupid changes and being of dubious canonicity I can safely say I will not be watching this movie in a theater, piracy ahoy
Old 11-08-2014, 02:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
What's with the fightforthealliance/horde shit? What does signing up on those sites do?
I'm guessing that's how you "vote" to get cool in-game stuff. I don't see a vote function anywhere else.

May the best man win.

Tags
entertainment, warcraft