Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 07-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Friendly reminder that transhumanism will usher in a gender-neutral future where every baby is genetically engineered in external wombs to be perfect, immortal and super-powerful.

But still fuck Zoltan Istvan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-31-2016, 10:50 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,511

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
The child that wrote it looks exactly like how you imagine someone who would write such an article looks like. It's pretty great and it gave me a hearty chuckle.

Surely if God was all knowing and powerful and good he would smite such a creature off this Earth.
Dude what?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-31-2016, 11:10 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

the abra(llahuackbar)hamecidician whatever religons have the same god.

I personally have converted to Hulkism.

on another note:


Strong women are Hot as fuck.

Last edited by Gurzog; 07-31-2016 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-31-2016, 11:18 PM
Rufin Rufin is offline

Eternal
Rufin's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,635
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Default

Is it possible
To convert myself quickly
To Haikuism?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:07 AM
SomeRandomEvilGuy SomeRandomEvilGuy is offline

Eternal
SomeRandomEvilGuy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe
Posts: 2,538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Strong women are Hot as fuck.
Not exactly the best examples to use. They only look strong because the men inexplicably become incredibly weak (well okay it sorta makes sense for JD but he generally is capable of standing up for himself when pushed into it).

People don't come across as strong just because you make other people look weak.

And I'm really tired of the men can't resist sex cliche.
__________________
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 08-01-2016, 06:45 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
I almost forgot about this glorious gem of an article.

https://warhornmedia.com/2016/03/07/...rom-star-wars/

Remember, if you're not a man then don't do anything.
1) In response to women not being as physically strong as men: Take the letter you wrote to Rey, and write an identical version to Yoda.

Protip: You know how in movies there might be a big strong monster or death-machine, and a male hero kills it even though the monster is clearly much physically stronger, and none of us in real life could have beaten it? And it's kind of cool that the normal guy figured it out even though he was at a physical disadvantage? You know about that? Apply that concept.

2) In response to women not being mentally/emotionally capable of protagonism according to the Bible: Read sections of the Bible that include specific women. Highlights include anyone named Mary/Miriam, everyone brave enough to stand by Jesus when he died (excluding John), and any woman who happened to have a book of the Bible named after her.

Judith Beheading Holofernes, 1598

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-01-2016 at 06:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 08-01-2016, 09:21 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
1) In response to women not being as physically strong as men: Take the letter you wrote to Rey, and write an identical version to Yoda.

Protip: You know how in movies there might be a big strong monster or death-machine, and a male hero kills it even though the monster is clearly much physically stronger, and none of us in real life could have beaten it? And it's kind of cool that the normal guy figured it out even though he was at a physical disadvantage? You know about that? Apply that concept.

2) In response to women not being mentally/emotionally capable of protagonism according to the Bible: Read sections of the Bible that include specific women. Highlights include anyone named Mary/Miriam, everyone brave enough to stand by Jesus when he died (excluding John), and any woman who happened to have a book of the Bible named after her.

Judith Beheading Holofernes, 1598
While we're on the subject, I've always been more partial to Artemisia Gentileschi's version.



As much as I love Caravaggio, I think Gentileschi's version is more passionate. She made sure that Judith really looks like she hates Holofernes and wants to wreck him; Caravaggio's version appears more diffident.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 08-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomEvilGuy View Post
Not exactly the best examples to use. They only look strong because the men inexplicably become incredibly weak (well okay it sorta makes sense for JD but he generally is capable of standing up for himself when pushed into it).

People don't come across as strong just because you make other people look weak.

And I'm really tired of the men can't resist sex cliche.
I know I thought it was the intern that Cox dated.
She was a surgeon i think.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 08-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Rufin Rufin is offline

Eternal
Rufin's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,635
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Default

I'm a big fan of the classy "Yeah I just murdered this dude, paint me with his head like a hunter and a bear."

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 08-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
the abra(llahuackbar)hamecidician whatever religons have the same god.

I personally have converted to Hulkism.

on another note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJG-Zj3B0fA

Strong women are Hot as fuck.
Chalcedonian Christianity has a different view of God because of its Trinitarian natute.

Jews and Muslims have a much similar view of God than they do with Chalcedonian Christians.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Chalcedonian Christianity has a different view of God because of its Trinitarian natute.

Jews and Muslims have a much similar view of God than they do with Chalcedonian Christians.
I thought Chalcedonian Christianity was more about the divine and human natures existing in hypostasis within the person of Jesus.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 08-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I thought Chalcedonian Christianity was more about the divine and human natures existing in hypostasis within the person of Jesus.
I might be confusing it with Niceene Christianity. Either way the Trinity is different from Islamic views of God.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 PM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Isn't the Alawi view of God also Trinitarian?
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 08-01-2016, 01:07 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
I might be confusing it with Niceene Christianity. Either way the Trinity is different from Islamic views of God.
Very. The Old Testament and the Quran are more similar to each other than either is to the New Testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Isn't the Alawi view of God also Trinitarian?
So it's been said, but the Alawi are very secretive about their precise religious beliefs, so it's hard to know for sure.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:18 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

So a huge chunk of you never experience supernatural feelies? Little micro-events and essences that you can't really explain to other people because it sounds ridiculous even to yourself when you say it outloud, but still you can't shake the feel that something happened that doesn't exactly fall in the category of natural and expected?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:22 PM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,788

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So a huge chunk of you never experience supernatural feelies? Little micro-events and essences that you can't really explain to other people because it sounds ridiculous even to yourself when you say it outloud, but still you can't shake the feel that something happened that doesn't exactly fall in the category of natural and expected?
Not really no.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Shroombie Shroombie is offline

Eternal
Shroombie's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,263

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So a huge chunk of you never experience supernatural feelies? Little micro-events and essences that you can't really explain to other people because it sounds ridiculous even to yourself when you say it outloud, but still you can't shake the feel that something happened that doesn't exactly fall in the category of natural and expected?
I have, but having that mean translate into religious belief doesn't follow yo.
__________________
...Place loses all significance...
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So a huge chunk of you never experience supernatural feelies? Little micro-events and essences that you can't really explain to other people because it sounds ridiculous even to yourself when you say it outloud, but still you can't shake the feel that something happened that doesn't exactly fall in the category of natural and expected?
Possibly, but I'm too mistrustful of my brain to put any stock into it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:58 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
I have, but having that mean translate into religious belief doesn't follow yo.
Nah, but I've read some comments in other threads from people who never felt any supernatural hints, and I'm just sniffing in that direction.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 08-07-2016, 01:01 PM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Possibly, but I'm too mistrustful of my brain to put any stock into it.
Same with me.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 08-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Possibly, but I'm too mistrustful of my brain to put any stock into it.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 08-08-2016, 01:47 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So a huge chunk of you never experience supernatural feelies? Little micro-events and essences that you can't really explain to other people because it sounds ridiculous even to yourself when you say it outloud, but still you can't shake the feel that something happened that doesn't exactly fall in the category of natural and expected?
Part of the problem is that there is a lot of cultural conditioning in interpreting those "supernatural feelies." It's not hard to imagine a typical white American getting "supernatural feelies" then becoming a "born again" evangelical Christian. We are bombarded by those type of cultural messages, especially in the South. But what if those "supernatural feelies" were actually from God telling that person they should become a Muslim convert? Even then, what are "supernatural feelies"? Euphoria? How does one even categorize such feels in terms of what the brain biochemically experiences? Are they the same as or similar to non-supernatural feelies?
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 08-08-2016, 02:09 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,321

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So a huge chunk of you never experience supernatural feelies? Little micro-events and essences that you can't really explain to other people because it sounds ridiculous even to yourself when you say it outloud, but still you can't shake the feel that something happened that doesn't exactly fall in the category of natural and expected?
Every time I take a little too much drugs and teeter on the brink of psychosis I experience things I suppose some would categorize as supernatural; ego death, vivid hallucinations, supposed revelations, and all kinds of stuff.
__________________
My love for you is like a truck, berserker.
Would you like some making fuck, berserker?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 08-08-2016, 02:18 AM
Rufin Rufin is offline

Eternal
Rufin's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,635
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Default

Always found it interesting that Jews and Muslims both believe that they have much more in common with each other than Christians. Both of them think that Christianity is heresy because of the claim that Jesus was the Messiah and both of them also believe that the Holy Trinity is proof of polytheism which is unacceptable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 08-08-2016, 02:38 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,277

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Always found it interesting that Jews and Muslims both believe that they have much more in common with each other than Christians. Both of them think that Christianity is heresy because of the claim that Jesus was the Messiah and both of them also believe that the Holy Trinity is proof of polytheism which is unacceptable.
Islam, though clearly influenced by Christianity, also had a strong influence from its early days by neighboring Jewish sects in the Arabian Peninsula. Not particularly surprised the Muslims dumped notions of the Trinity. Even Christian theologians will tell you that the Trinity is a complicated hot mess. There is a reason why Trinity Sunday (first Sunday after Pentacost) is commonly referred to by priests, theologians, and church historians as "Heresy Sunday."

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
realspace, serious business

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.