Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 02:41 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Sure, Archimonde craves power, but how much does he care about the Burning Crusade itself? How eager is he to fight the Void and exterminate all life? Does he even give a shit about their grand mission? Couldn't he become even more powerful by changing the mission of the Legion to something that personally benefited himself more?
You mean, like, conquering and ruling the entire cosmos?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 09-21-2017, 02:46 PM

Sentinel Queen

Nobody's asking the most important lore question of this patch...

Where the H*CK is Yrelka?
Old 09-21-2017, 02:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
You mean, like, conquering and ruling the entire cosmos?
Well sure, he could try. He won't be able to exploit the power of either Sargeras or Argus to reign everyone in, so he's not going to have quite the same resources as before. I doubt he'll have as firm a grip on the Legion without those. Especially since he may not have even regenerated yet, and the Void is probably going to hold a slaughter while the chain of command is in ruins.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Nobody's asking the most important lore question of this patch...

Where the H*CK is Yrelka?
Wasn't she renamed to Fareeya or did I just get that idea in my head from somewhere?
Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Even with Argus I bet Sargeras decides who gets ressed. Kiljaeden went against Sarg so hes prob gone forever and Archimonde failed several times. The Eredar served their purpose if his plan for a Dark Pantheon didn't get stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Wasn't she renamed to Fareeya or did I just get that idea in my head from somewhere?
I think that's the case given her voice actress.

Last edited by Leviathon; 09-21-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 03:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
As i said, Archimonde will. He craves power more than anything. What better way to get more power than by becoming the overlord of an endless horde of demons?
And, let's face it, Sargeras had been the Legion's leader in name only for the past few eons. Most if not all of the actual leadership duties were carried out by Archimonde and Kil'jaeden already.

A fraction of infinity is still infinity.
It's up in the air if Archimonde is permanently dead or not.

It's not an actual infinite army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:54 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Ask yourself this one question. For what purpose? On whose orders? How many of them actually care about hunting down all the World Souls to end the threat of the Void? How many are just enslaved to the Legion by the threat of Sargeras or Kil'Jaedan's wrath?

If god is dead, who continues the crusade?
Im willing to bet money the Legion leftovers will be a faction you will grind at some point in the future. People like Mal'Ganis, Jaraxxus and others. Reason? We defeated the Legion, we are the best next option top save the universe. Especially as the Void Lords start falling to our feet. Its going to happen.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:59 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
Im willing to bet money the Legion leftovers will be a faction you will grind at some point in the future. People like Mal'Ganis, Jaraxxus and others. Reason? We defeated the Legion, we are the best next option top save the universe. Especially as the Void Lords start falling to our feet. Its going to happen.
I wouldn't mind that actually. Or a playable demon race.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
You know what I really want to see? Surviving Prime Naaru and the Void trying to either exterminate or recruit the rest. Giving us more Redemons like Lothraxion. I mean, they're both against the Void, aren't they? The Naaru can sell them on a slight variation of their previous crusade. That way we can fill the ranks of the Army of the Light using the Legion skeletons.

Last edited by Krakhed; 09-21-2017 at 04:11 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 04:52 PM

Eternal

The audio drama makes me wonder if Alleria will truly be a void-only user? She seems to recognize that she has gotten glimpses of correct events when touched by void and light. Or perhaps she is relying on Turaylon to be the light while she is shadow.

All in all it is a very interesting story regarding the nature of shadow and light. I wish this type of stuff was shown more in the priest class hall and reflected in discipline spec itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Antorus coming out in November 14th makes Tomb of Sargeras have the same duration of every raid tier in Legion.
I'm aware, context of my post is important. What I responded to implied Antorus would be pushed faster than that to be before Blizzcon as for it to be common knowledge.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:56 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Lothraxion mentions that floating as a soul in the nether after death was almost enjoyable to him, until Argus pulled him back to life. That sounds to me like Argus was used too (forcefully) regenerate demons on Argus, probably to make coordination possible for the Legion and to make sure none of the demons go rogue too easily.

Also, the story makes me think that may Arator really is the prophecized child of light and shadow, especially with all the "Shadow and Light" dichotomy in it.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:02 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Demons are also punished on Argus for failing. Drifting until you reform is more peaceful.

Hearing Argus scream in pain was said.

Turalyon and Alleria have the best relationship in the lore and I don't know how to feel about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
Lothraxion mentions that floating as a soul in the nether after death was almost enjoyable to him, until Argus pulled him back to life. That sounds to me like Argus was used too (forcefully) regenerate demons on Argus, probably to make coordination possible for the Legion and to make sure none of the demons go rogue too easily.

Also, the story makes me think that may Arator really is the prophecized child of light and shadow, especially with all the "Shadow and Light" dichotomy in it.
We're also given the impression that Xe'ra's prophecies are really only half-right by nature. She is blind to certain details and influences. What she was able to see may have convinced her that Illidan was the Child of Light and Shadow. For instance, she may have seen Illidan being the one to stop the Legion. Hell, she may have seen herself starting to transform Illidan into a Lightforged. But because Xe'ra and the Lightforged are blind to darker influences, like how Turalyon couldn't pick up on the visions Argus sent, she wasn't able to predict that Illidan would react with panic and rage and use his dark magics to destroy her.

If Xe'ra has some decent Shadow Priests with her to look into the Void, she could probably have gotten a hint that Illidan was going to kill her. Hell, a Void oracle would probably have seen that detail first, since Light and Void seem to have two separate halves of the puzzle. Xe'ra sees Illidan getting Lightforged, the Void sees him rebelling and killing her.

Last edited by Krakhed; 09-21-2017 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 05:42 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post

Or some Light-forsaken monster?
i spy a pun
Old 09-21-2017, 07:40 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Defected Demons from the Burning Legion post Antorus would be cool as playable races. Would give the pre-Eredar retcon another shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It's up in the air if Archimonde is permanently dead or not.

It's not an actual infinite army.
Despite fighting Archimonde in the Twisting Nether on Mythic difficulty. The cinematic proves otherwise; that is, if that area counts as a place of sizeable Twisting Nether energies.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:30 PM

Loremaster

The reason losing Argus, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras and (even if only for a while) Archimonde shatters the Legion is because without a common point of return that can punish failure and reassign them to the ranks upon rebirth, coupled with the eredar no longer having the threat of Sargeras' wrath behind their authority, the demons are inherently prone to stop cooperating with each other and pursue their own things instead.

It's literally in their nature to in-fight and reject a common cause. That's the whole reason Sargeras needed the eredar in the first place: to forcibly suppress the chaotic, disorganized instincts of creatures born from the Twisting Nether by forcing them to coordinate against their own Disordered inclinations.

Even if certain powerful demons rise up again, none of them would have the clout to threaten the Legion's armies into submission again the same way they could with the threat of torment and permanent death at Sargeras' hands looming over them all. At best, one might expect to see an Archimonde or someone like him rallying the rest of the eredar in an effort to free Sargeras and restore the old order, but anything else would fall short, because there's no replacing a titan. Nothing else even comes close. Without Sargeras no demon can hope to replicate the sheer scope of power and inescapable menace the Dark Titan's presence allowed his lieutenants to project over the Legion.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:44 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The reason losing Argus, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras and (even if only for a while) Archimonde shatters the Legion is because without a common point of return that can punish failure and reassign them to the ranks upon rebirth, coupled with the eredar no longer having the threat of Sargeras' wrath behind their authority, the demons are inherently prone to stop cooperating with each other and pursue their own things instead.

It's literally in their nature to in-fight and reject a common cause. That's the whole reason Sargeras needed the eredar in the first place: to forcibly suppress the chaotic, disorganized instincts of creatures born from the Twisting Nether by forcing them to coordinate against their own Disordered inclinations.

Even if certain powerful demons rise up again, none of them would have the clout to threaten the Legion's armies into submission again the same way they could with the threat of torment and permanent death at Sargeras' hands looming over them all. At best, one might expect to see an Archimonde or someone like him rallying the rest of the eredar in an effort to free Sargeras and restore the old order, but anything else would fall short, because there's no replacing a titan. Nothing else even comes close. Without Sargeras no demon can hope to replicate the sheer scope of power and inescapable menace the Dark Titan's presence allowed his lieutenants to project over the Legion.
You are saying they won't succeed doing so. People are saying that demons are going to try doing so.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:33 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

A new wound..........
Anything could happen with that. Keepers, Shamans and Druids will be looking to try and heal it.
Political factions will want to control it. Many will want to exploit it.
I could also see us getting playable Titanforged and/or Aqir.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:45 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
A new wound..........
Anything could happen with that. Keepers, Shamans and Druids will be looking to try and heal it.
Political factions will want to control it. Many will want to exploit it.
I could also see us getting playable Titanforged and/or Aqir.
There's also the matter of exactly just what's coming out of the wound. Is it just titan blood, or will we get there to find that the stuff is seething with void corruption?

That said, given the way exposure to a titan's lifeblood has worked before, there's also the possibility that Silithus could change from a desolate wasteland into a vibrant jungle or forest.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:41 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
There's also the matter of exactly just what's coming out of the wound. Is it just titan blood, or will we get there to find that the stuff is seething with void corruption?

That said, given the way exposure to a titan's lifeblood has worked before, there's also the possibility that Silithus could change from a desolate wasteland into a vibrant jungle or forest.
Murlocs were exposed to the waters of the Vale and became Jinyu.

So does that mean that exposed Silithid become humanoid Silithid?

New playable race??!?!??!?!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Murlocs were exposed to the waters of the Vale and became Jinyu.

So does that mean that exposed Silithid become humanoid Silithid?

New playable race??!?!??!?!
That was already the old lore for their origins.
Quote:
The land of eternal starlight, Kalimdor, was a nurturing mother to all of its creatures. The magic of the Well of Eternity permeated the land and empowered the multitude of flora and fauna that would make the world their home. From this magical ether were born the Silithid.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Prophecy_of_C%27Thun
Old 09-22-2017, 01:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Really enjoyed the Audio Drama. (They got David Nathan as narrator in the german version again .^^)

- So the 1000 years thingy was explained with Twisty Twasty Nether Nobbely.
(Timing passing lots of slower in it. And that X'era made Turalyon and Alleria immortal. At least the first..)

- The Light/Void opposition and both sides being blind to each side is kinda what I've thought and also explains lots about the X'era issue.

- And the BTDP Novels quarrel between Alleria and Turalyon was apparently retconned, since we have it now official what Arator was born months prior the Alliance Expedition.

Last edited by Vineyard; 09-22-2017 at 04:39 AM..
Old 09-22-2017, 02:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
- The Light/Void opposition and both sides being blind to each side is kinda what I've thought and also explains lots about the X'era issue.
I loved that. Instead of it just being "Light=good, Void=bad", it shows it from both points of view, and shows them to both be rather insidious in their own ways. The fact that the Light enslaves people through "happy" and "good" emotions, while trapping them in crystals forever afterward, is just as disturbing as what the Void does. I wonder if we'll ever encounter and fight against a Light-based enemy that intends to do just that, and get aid from somewhat-neutral Void creatures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:39 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I loved that. Instead of it just being "Light=good, Void=bad", it shows it from both points of view, and shows them to both be rather insidious in their own ways. The fact that the Light enslaves people through "happy" and "good" emotions, while trapping them in crystals forever afterward, is just as disturbing as what the Void does. I wonder if we'll ever encounter and fight against a Light-based enemy that intends to do just that, and get aid from somewhat-neutral Void creatures?
The goals of the Light and the Azerothians more or less always lined up. The question is, what happens, when the Legion and the Void are contained...
Old 09-22-2017, 03:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
The trapping in crystals were, at least to me, an allegory. The way the Void interpret the Light's actions.

And, to be frank, the new way they are covering the Light goes against what we saw of the naaru before Xe'ra was introduced.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion