Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 05:09 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I want an old world revamp.

Fuck the nostalgia.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Just had a bit of a conspiracy theory related to a number of previous conspiracy theories many people have had regarding Vol'jin and Sylvanas becoming Warchief. More specifically, the theories that the Old Gods or the Void, rather than the spirits, were what influenced Vol'jin to make Sylvanas Warchief. After thinking about it a moment, I realized that there's not necessarily a difference.

Vol'jin is a Shadow Hunter. Sha were commented on to be Loa-like in his book, and it's been mentioned that his powers are of a nature opposite to the Titans. They're of shadow and chaos. It's clear that not all Loa are Wild Gods. Shadow Priests originated in Warcraft 3 as Troll units. I think it's possible that a subset of Loa aren't so much nature spirits as they are distinctly Void in origin.

I think it's also very possible that the Void has taken interest in Sylvanas. I know many people think the place she went when she died was the Shadowlands, but it clearly wasn't. The Val'kyr have no issue returning from the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands aren't an endless void.
Quote:
This was to be her eternity: the endless void, the dark, unknown realm of anguish.
You know what is an endless void? The Void. If there's a Paradise of the Light, there's bound to be a mirror afterlife in the opposite direction. Sylvanas has died and gone there twice by now. They've seen her twice, and twice they've seen her pulled out at the sacrifice of her Val'kyr.

I've suddenly had a thought. The Void is as blind as the Light. Sylvanas has died three times, and hasn't ushered in anyone's coming. This is entirely true in one sense. But she's only died twice as the Void-damned soul she is now.

And the thing is, Sylvanas is a laughably easy mark for them. She's utterly terrified of them. Dealing with them is not in her training. I wonder just how things will turn out when her Val'kyr have to bring her back a third time? Back from them, I mean. When they'll know what to expect. When Sylvanas has no more extra lives to count on. Who knows what deals they could have offer her there, where no one else could see? They're the only ones who could ever grant her true amnesty from their postmortem predations.

I think there's a good chance some of there number arranged for her to be Warchief. They are planning a third death, the third one from their perspective. The third one as far as it is relevant to them. The third death that matters. The third death since she became theirs.

And before we bring up Azeroth, Azeroth itself has already undergone four major traumatic incidents as of Sargeras stabbing her. The formation of the first Well, its destruction, the cataclysm, and the stabbing. That's four "deaths", not three, and nothing has fundamentally altered Azeroth's nature in a way that the Void would draw a line between them. It's not Azeroth.

Last edited by Krakhed; 10-14-2017 at 05:48 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 05:48 PM

Eternal

^ I've been saying that Sylvanas's first death (to Arthas) can be considered her birth by the Old Gods since we first got that quote :p

Anyway, the expansion content could be a newly-done Eastern Kingdoms, with textures as seen in Highmountain, Azsuna, etc.

Then, a following expansion could have a revamped Kalimdor, or vice-versa.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:56 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Vol'jin is a Shadow Hunter. Sha were commented on to be Loa-like in his book, and it's been mentioned that his powers are of a nature opposite to the Titans.
But, I thought Chronicles said the Titans were Arcane in nature, opposed by fel. Vol'jin's powers don't look very fel-like to me.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:57 PM

Banished

I still think it's Azeroth's third death.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
That would be my bet, but the Sylvanas one is still a possibility.

(There's also the "You must step out of the shadows" that Vol'jin tells her after the Loas gave him a vision? Maybe that was more prophecy than alegory? Maybe being Warchief is a risky move to try to steer her away from her destiny?)

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-14-2017, 06:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
But, I thought Chronicles said the Titans were Arcane in nature, opposed by fel. Vol'jin's powers don't look very fel-like to me.
You're being too literal here. Titans utilize many forms of power. Opposition is not always the most exact. Light burns death magic as well as Void. The point being, Vol'jin's powers are admittedly of a chaotic nature. This is repeated multiple times. They are clearly a form of dark magic, not nature magic. He has shadow priest spells. He is quite clearly a Void wielder, in the sense that any Shadow Priest is. With a similar balance philosophy, of walking between dark and light, as tends to spring up in every more benign Shadow cult that has ever sprung up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Do you mean Azeroth's fourth? Because it'd be the fourth. First major trauma was Aman'thul plucking Y'shaarj. Likely what Xal'atath refers to as the "Scouring".
Quote:
Xal'atath whispers: This land has seen so much upheaval. The Cataclysm, the Sundering, the Scouring. You really have no idea.
That indicates the third incident was the Cataclysm. The wound from Sargeras is the fourth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
^ I've been saying that Sylvanas's first death (to Arthas) can be considered her birth by the Old Gods since we first got that quote :p
Exactly. When Sylvanas first died, she went to the Light. You could say she was the Light's Sylvanas back then. She's only died twice as the Void's.

Last edited by Krakhed; 10-14-2017 at 07:19 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 10:14 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
If there's a Paradise of the Light, there's bound to be a mirror afterlife in the opposite direction.
It would make sense. We know from the audio drama that such a place exists and that humanoids can go there. It's not a big step to imagine that place is the afterlife for people forsaken by the Light.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:02 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Are we so sure that the Cataclysm was Azeroth's third death? It was devastating for the mortal races on its surface but all of the destruction was just that- surface-level. Azeroth's blood didn't leak out anywhere, unlike Sargeras stabbing her.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:22 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I came here five years ago with an axe to grind, a horse to kill, and a club with which to beat its corpse. All about Warcraft II and its war.

I think Blizzard's done talking about that for now. And I think I've exhausted my topics, since I never got into WoW very deeply.

I don't even know what's happening in WoW right now. No one's talking about Turalyon or Alleria in the lore threads, so I'm not sure if they've even come back yet.

Some of you guys are still playing WoW, right? Like, the game still exists and stuff, yeah?
Both have returned, and the void vs. light dynamics may drive a wedge between them.

You might want to listen to the audio drama "A Thousand Years of War" to find out what they've been doing since the destruction Draenor, and afterwards, we can tell you how their story continues in Legion in more detail.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:27 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Krucial made a video about Algalon that posed an interesting question. Why hasnt algalon begun the Origination process, surely hes gotta feel or sense how Azeroth has been wounded.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Krucial made a video about Algalon that posed an interesting question. Why hasnt algalon begun the Origination process, surely hes gotta feel or sense how Azeroth has been wounded.
Probably the same reason why he decided not to do it when it was clear the old gods have been corrupting stuff. To let the people of Azeroth to fight for their world and give us the chance to save it.

Besides he can't even if he wanted to. We broke the Halls of Origination in Uldum.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah Brann destroyed the reorigination device. Even if Algalon did want to instead of leaving it to us like he decided to in Ulduar, there's no way to actually do it now.

Last edited by Asterisk; 10-15-2017 at 03:13 PM..
Old 10-15-2017, 04:01 PM

Ranger

Also his whole "I can't be certain of my own Calculations anymore" kinda deal.

We sort of blew his mind when we weren't just lemmings marching to the Titan's drum and defied our makers's blueprints.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:14 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Also his whole "I can't be certain of my own Calculations anymore" kinda deal.

We sort of blew his mind when we weren't just lemmings marching to the Titan's drum and defied our makers's blueprints.
I suspect finding out those makers went and got themselves killed by one of their own who was running around burning planets and murdering Constellars would only further erode any lingering doubts Algalon might still harbor that he and they severely miscalculated how best to safeguard Azeroth.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:40 PM

Eternal

Today's leak is more meh than the usual: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post47603752

The title though is incredible, as in, I don't believe it for a second.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:46 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I actually want a new race; even if its subraces.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:22 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Just realized I have forgotten wows entire history. lol.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:03 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

Quote:
Today's leak is more meh than the usual: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post47603752

The title though is incredible, as in, I don't believe it for a second.
I can't wait for the xpac "The slight discomfort of Azeroth" or "Tides of orderly and mannered discussion".
Old 10-16-2017, 01:46 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

World of Warcraft: Anduin Might Need Glasses
Old 10-16-2017, 02:31 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggler View Post
I can't wait for the xpac "The slight discomfort of Azeroth" or "Tides of orderly and mannered discussion".
Realm of Conflictcreation: The Combusting Religious Warfare
Realm of Conflictcreation: Disgruntlement of the Unliving Sorcerer Monarch
Realm of Conflictcreation: Sudden Violent Geological Event
Realm of Conflictcreation: Airborne Water Droplets of the Sovereign Humanoid Ailuropoda melanoleuca Land Mass
Realm of Conflictcreation: Military Unit of the Roman Empire

Edit: A few more.

Conflictcreation II: Rising Sea Levels of Absence of Visible Light
Conflictcreation II: On the Other Side of the Dismal Doorway
Conflictcreation III: Government of Hubbub
Conflictcreation III: The 0° Celsius Item of Furniture
Fireplacepebble: Extraordinary Individuals of Conflictcreation
Extraordinary Individuals of the Tumultous Meteorological Event

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 10-16-2017 at 03:58 AM..
Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Realm of Conflictcreation: The Combusting Religious Warfare
Realm of Conflictcreation: Disgruntlement of the Unliving Sorcerer Monarch
Realm of Conflictcreation: Sudden Violent Geological Event
Realm of Conflictcreation: Airborne Water Droplets of the Sovereign Humanoid Ailuropoda melanoleuca Land Mass
Realm of Conflictcreation: Military Unit of the Roman Empire

Edit: A few more.

Conflictcreation II: Rising Sea Levels of Absence of Visible Light
Conflictcreation II: On the Other Side of the Dismal Doorway
Conflictcreation III: Government of Hubbub
Conflictcreation III: The 0° Celsius Item of Furniture
Fireplacepebble: Extraordinary Individuals of Conflictcreation
Extraordinary Individuals of the Tumultous Meteorological Event
This is a good post.

This is a post I recommend.

Thank you.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:40 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
this is a good post.

This is a post i recommend.

Thank you.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:51 AM

Eternal

Hahahaha, that's amazing!

But you forgot Realm of Conflictcreation: Chieftains of Conflict of the Exile's Refuge.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:07 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Hahahaha, that's amazing!

But you forgot Realm of Conflictcreation: Chieftains of Conflict of the Exile's Refuge.
Oh, right. Not sure how I managed to forget that one.

Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion